Thread: Ape Escape

Default Ape Escape

Anyone remember this game? I LOVED it. It seemed like it was such a big deal when it came out because you actually "had" to have an analog controller to play it. I own Ape Escape 2 which isnt as good but I have no idea where I can buy the original now. Anyway, anyone else played the game?

I have a demo of the first It was huge fun indeed, though I never played it, only watched others go at it. For PSone era, very innovative indeed.

The third is soon coming, I own(ed) the first. I cant believe I spent £45 ( it was over priced back then ) on that game. Not bad, but I felt it could of been better. I guess back then I judged games on there Box art and Looks......

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

God yeah, Ape Escape was something special. The analogue thing caused interest and hubris, but the game itself was actually a very quality piece of gaming, and loads of fun.

Also, it must be mentioned that while the main game was one-player there were a couple of great minigames which could be played 2-P. Which was an interesting idea, and a nifty one.

I own the original Ape Escape, it's a great game. Although I played it a couple of months ago, and the kid's accent is TERRIBLE.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, the storyline and voice actign and stuff absolutely suck, but god that game is fun. I've played it through so many times. The happiness that comes from hitting a monkey you've been chasing around forever is quite an experience. ;)
    --Box Box Box Box

I absolutly loved that game. It really appealed to me cause I loved Monkeys and, as you said, it was (one of) the first games which needed the analogue controllers.

I really liked it.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I never got to play it