FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I get never get passed the musical door at the church like area

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

BoF games are awesome looking till you play them.

The Demon of Elements

If you don't like the game, please don't post here.

anyway, the save state does work, but now after I drop Bow off at Niro's. once I'm past the bridge, it always freezes after a single battle and I can't figure out why! I hate this!

haha! I win. I decided to switch to Snes9x. It seems to work better. And it doesn't have those cheats that pop up when the game loads (fortunately, I was too tempted to use them)

EDIT: Please use the edit/delete button instead of double posting. -Murder

Breath of Fire is one of the worst RPG series ever made. I've played 1/2/3/4, and each game was Side Quest: The Game. There is no main quest in each one, it's just an endless series of side quests and occasionally some sort of main villian will appear and then leave and then there's more sidequests. III was almost tolerable, but only because you could starve fairies to death in your fairy village and because the way Ryu transformed was cool. But that's about it. Haven't played Dragon Quarter and have no desire too.
    No.

The Demon of Elements

How can you possibly say there is no main story? Ok, in II it's rather split up, IV I haven't played enough to determine, but I and III are more story-oriented than some other games I've played.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

I rather liked the story of Breath of Fire II. It represents a conflict of traditional lifestyle values versus bigger and better ideas and doctrines that sound too good to be true (and usually are).

Breath of Fire II represents the ultimate scam and weighs in on the priority of values. It's a game that makes you decide whether it would be in your best interest to forsake your homely belief and adapt to a change simply for the sake of it sounding a bit better off than your current scenario, despite the fact that you will have to renounce everything that defined your old traits. It's about loyalty, and the compromises one must make. All religions cannot offer the greatest answers to every universal question, or else we'd only have one universal religion.

Regarding the villainous party, in Breath of Fire II it is very clear cut. We have a pretty good idea of what the big pyramid scheme is towards the end, and who's on the evil side. Extending the theme to reality will reveal the villain not to be this obvious, but for all purposes of the video game, they do a very good job of using the final boss as the very incarnation of all that is wrong with those zealot scams we see so much every day.

Indulgences? Scientology? Pretty good stuff.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

It's a good game. Nice story, nice characters, nice plot. I enjoyed it rather heartly. ;P
    Last edited by Skarr; 12-22-2005 at 02:13 AM.

The Demon of Elements

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Chainsaw
    I rather liked the story of Breath of Fire II. It represents a conflict of traditional lifestyle values versus bigger and better ideas and doctrines that sound too good to be true (and usually are).

Breath of Fire II represents the ultimate scam and weighs in on the priority of values. It's a game that makes you decide whether it would be in your best interest to forsake your homely belief and adapt to a change simply for the sake of it sounding a bit better off than your current scenario, despite the fact that you will have to renounce everything that defined your old traits. It's about loyalty, and the compromises one must make. All religions cannot offer the greatest answers to every universal question, or else we'd only have one universal religion.

Regarding the villainous party, in Breath of Fire II it is very clear cut. We have a pretty good idea of what the big pyramid scheme is towards the end, and who's on the evil side. Extending the theme to reality will reveal the villain not to be this obvious, but for all purposes of the video game, they do a very good job of using the final boss as the very incarnation of all that is wrong with those zealot scams we see so much every day.

Indulgences? Scientology? Pretty good stuff.

A little more in-depth than I would've taken it but, ok, that works.