Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk
    Why is veryone on about spoilers? If we can discuss Aeris's death openly on a FF related message board, which is 8 years old. Surely we can discuss a half-century old story that's been put into film (both animated and live acted) previously. Its not new, people XD
    This has to be the fifth remake by Disney alone. When I was a kid, it seemed like every couple of years they'd remake it for the Disney channel or just air the BBC version.

I dunno.. I've seen so many versions of it, the only thing going for it is the special effects, which I've heard aren't up to par in places. I may just wait for the DVD. We'll see.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I'm going to go see it later tonight because I'm bored, I like going to the theater, and visually from the previews it looks like a must-see on the bigscreen.
    I like Kung-Fu.

I didn't know it had ever been made into a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    I didn't know it had ever been made into a movie.
    Usually made-for-TV movies or miniseries, though I believe there was an animated feature film at one time.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

HERE'S WHAT I THOUGHT:

(SPOILER)

Aslan: ALL THAT THE LIGHT TOUCHES WILL BE YOURS
    Peter: EVEN THE ELEPHANT BONEYARD?
    Aslan: NO SIMBA, YOU MUST NEVER GO THERE

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Oh man, I just got back from it. It was amazing. Probably one of my favorite movies of all time. I wanted to hug the lion.

I never read the book though. Does that make me a bad person?
    I like Kung-Fu.

Unsure if I read the book, but I have played the game, and I'm currently on Level 5 on that Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe game.

The books are good.

Seen it 2 days ago and I loved it! The children didnt overact (although Susan did annoy me sometimes), I loved Aslan and thought Liam Neeson as his voice was perfect. I did see the religious undertones Aslan as Jesus tired up and Aslans mane shaved (possibly Jesus's robes being removed) and perhaps Mr. Tumnus or Edmund as Judus.
    I cried when Alsan came back, although I didnt cry when he died, well, because I knew he would return anyhoo!

The thing that really did annoy me to Hell and beyond had nothing to do with the movie, it was the audience and for once it wasnt children or chavs, it was adults! A couple (in their 30s) questioned or commented, very loudly, on whatever happened! At one point the woman asked, very loudly, "What are those white cats?" I nearly shouted back "Snow leopards! Now will you shut up!?" But Dan stopped me and said to ignore her. Im going to watch it again soon cause I really did enjoy every last minute of it.

Im currently reading the book.

Spoiler warning, if you care. You shouldn't. What are you, some kind of baby? I bet you are. Afraid of a spoiler? Come on, don't be a wuss.

I saw it. I hadn't read any of the books, so I didn't know what to expect. It was alright...that is, until about halfway through the movie. When Santa Claus showed up and gave Peter Excalibur. ...yeah, what the hell?
    No.

I still haven't seen it yet, but I hope to soon. Maybe when we go visit family for Christmas we'll have a babysitter and we can actually make it to the theater. I read the books, a long, long time ago, and I saw the animated version (or one of them, dunno how many there are) several times as a child and loved it.

My teacher actually made a treat the four children ate for my class to eat. It was a soft candy and was really good, but we could get only one piece. Does anyone remember this part of the story in the book?
    I believe you're talking about Turkish Delight.

I saw it the other day with my sisters, and I have to say it was a very good film. I felt close to tears at a couple of points, although i won't admit it. Also, Lucy was the cutest little thing I've seen in a while so adorable!

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I saw it today. It's probably the best example I've ever seen of a movie with a barebones plot that still does well through the cleverness of its execution and the strength of the characters. I especially enjoyed all the implied pedophilia in the first hour.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    I especially enjoyed all the implied pedophilia in the first hour.
    Oh I'm glad it wasn't just me that saw that then

phew