Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a way to obtain new items after the time crap??

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not with irvine and squall and aura.

I've always used Mad Rush for the Tonberrys, but you need to keep count as Mad Rush vs Tonberry King is not the best situation to be in.

Tonberries aren't very hard to beat, either. All you really need to make the battles go more quickly are a few Triple spells and a good stock of Demi.
    -Q

That's not a bad idea considering they have 15,200 HP at Lv 1 and 35,000 at Lv 100.

I admit, I have a habit of, in my games, turning Quistis into some sort of unholy battle mage--especially when I try to keep my levels low. So, I love it when I have a chance to actually use Demi--when I have my level 20 characters running around the Island Closest to Hell, Demi is quite literally a life saver.

Actually, though, you might not even need the healing items, after all. If you don't use items, just save it for last to be unlocked. By the time you reach Ultimecia's Castle, you should be more than good enough at using magic that the items are basically unnecessary. They can be useful, sure, but you don't really need them--depending on your style of play.

Get Tonberry anyway, though. I love watching the Tonberry King.
    -Q

Quistis would be better suited to Initiative + high Crisis Level + Degenerator instead of Demi.

Yes, but that just feels too cheap, for me. I don't like to keep people in low health just to use their limit breaks.
    -Q

Default At the island closest to hell?

when I'm on the island closest to hell I stock up 100 drains and equip them on statis attack. That is my life saver on the island. I never have to heal and if your good you won't ever use magic anyways, unless you like to draw them which I hate.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Time crap huh? That certainly adds a new stance to the whole Time Compression theory. Turns out it's just one giant turd. Who'dhavethunkit?

As for healing I wouldn't worry. Just use Curaga et al. Even if they are junctioned considering it's the last battle of the game, so using them up won't really matter.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think it's cheaper to use aura. You lose a turn, sure, but you don't have to worry about weak attacks taking you out.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

you could try diablos too. (thats what the strategy guide says, though its not the only nor best way..limits work better.)

isnt the tonberry king encounter dependent on the number of chef's knives in your inventory? or is it actually the number of those obnoxious knifing tadpole chefs youve killed? just wondered.

It depends on the number of Tonberries you've killed. The number of Chef Knives in your inventory has nothing to do with it.

The fastest way to defeat 20 Tonberrys is to junction kamakaze (Cactaurs ability) to one of your characters. One kamakaze is enough to defeat a Tonberry, it deals 5 digits of damage. When you get to the 20th Tonberry, beat it the regular way (don't kamakaze your party member otherwise you'll be fighting with only two) and then the Tonberry King comes. Have fun

Thou shall not speak... Randgris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Prophecy.Crash..
    I'm in ultemecia's castle right now and I am having fun and all but my characters weapons are on low levels. My characters themselves are at level 40-50. Squall atleast. I need some items and Im sick of using damn GF abilities to turn one item to another. Why do the towns have to be locked?? Help. . .
    But it would be difficult, better yet too damn impossible to get GF Doomtrain without refining. Doomtrain requires the rare Remedy+ and the only way to get them is by:
    *The ever crappy Gameshark which tends to hang my PS
    *The hard-to-find nowadays PocketStation
    *The ever popular refine-ten-remedies-to-one-remedy+ via Alexander's MedLVUP ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Prophecy.Crash..

But, but. I have to kill 20 tonberries. And at my current levels the battles are time consuming. But then again, I might not need this stuff. I zoomed through the bosses in the castle like a mo-fo. But it still is time consuming. Im almost done with this game at a time of 52 hours, but hey. You sure tonberry isn't hard??
    They aren't hard. Just need to watch out for Everyone's Grudge though. It can kill Squall in an instant (I think that attack is based on the number of enemies you have defeated. Not 100% sure though). I always put Irvine in critical and pump Tonberries with AP ammo until he comes to oblivion. :rolleyes2

Quote Originally Posted by Slade
    The fastest way to defeat 20 Tonberrys is to junction kamakaze (Cactaurs ability) to one of your characters. One kamakaze is enough to defeat a Tonberry, it deals 5 digits of damage. When you get to the 20th Tonberry, beat it the regular way (don't kamakaze your party member otherwise you'll be fighting with only two) and then the Tonberry King comes. Have fun
    Ha, when I tried to get tonberry I did that cause its the least painful and time consuming way, sadly I didnt count the tonberrians I've beaten and got to king tonberry with just 2 people. i was lucky I managed to get Lionheart twice in a row. And I fought him at lvl 100....250,000 HP....

Is Joker in Ragnarok? Isnt he the one in Balamb Garden selling stuff in the training centre??

was that king?