Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Even More New Questions

The Expanded answer to Q3 is that after the Aeons died dissapeared what ever, the elemental atributes began to loose thier effect on the temples thus the Ice melted Macalania temple was lagely composed of Ice and what appeared to stone, so parts of it melted away and others fell to the bottom of the lake

6&7 The Dress Sphere System introduced new abilities and ailements so im sure they just decided to cut some fat off the top

Q8 Im sure In the unlikely event that the people of spira went aginst Yuna's wishes, and Zanarkand was rebuilt they would probally leave the name alone. allready a good name.

Q9 bevelle was acessable for a short time in the original game. I think it may have had somthing to do with the Chocobos or somthing. The exact answer excapes me ath the moment.

The other questions have pretty good answers, some of them i just dont know

Hey I Actually have a question my self. Tiedus and Shuyin come from the same time, I know this for sure. So are they really alternate personalities of the same person, is Shuyin Jecht’s bastard child, or is it just coincidence that they look alike. Its probably already been pointed out. Id say Its just coincidence, but that seems dumb and meaningless. Out of all the thousands of people in Zanarkand the two that transcend time end up looking like twins, but inexplicably have no relation. Square needs to hire some of these fan fic people, and maybe some of us as producers. Don’t get me wrong I love the game, but Square is getting sloppy. Anyone is Suikoden a forbidden word around here. If SquareEnix doesn’t shape up that’s who’s running the RPG show. I think its just what Square needs though as the Suikoden series takes off It will give Square the kick competition kick they need. Geez got a little off topic, What’s everyone else’s opinion, I guess on all of it.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by J_Steele_05
    Hey I Actually have a question my self. Tiedus and Shuyin come from the same time,
    No, they didn't.

I know this for sure. So are they really alternate personalities of the same person, is Shuyin Jecht’s bastard child,
    No.
    or is it just coincidence that they look alike. Its probably already been pointed out. Id say Its just coincidence, but that seems dumb and meaningless. Out of all the thousands of people in Zanarkand the two that transcend time end up looking like twins, but inexplicably have no relation. Square needs to hire some of these fan fic people, and maybe some of us as producers. Don’t get me wrong I love the game, but Square is getting sloppy. Anyone is Suikoden a forbidden word around here. If SquareEnix doesn’t shape up that’s who’s running the RPG show. I think its just what Square needs though as the Suikoden series takes off It will give Square the kick competition kick they need. Geez got a little off topic, What’s everyone else’s opinion, I guess on all of it.
    Anyway, Tidus didn't time travel to 1000 years later and Tidus is most probably the "dream" version of Shuyin.

Think your answers are a little lacking since theres no substantial evidence that Shuyin was a blitzer. Im fiarly sure machean even said Shuyin was a commoner. So he wasn't a famous blitzer. and Tidus and Shuyin ARE from a thousand years ago. Have you really played the two games? Jecht and Tidus were spat from the memories of the fayth. meaning that a large amount of unsent people rember them. I dont think theres a connection between the two. But I guess if there were a reasoning the dream thing suits me. I guess you could go as far to say Tidus and Yuna are the same people as Shuyin and Lenne, since machen said lenne and Yuna have the same hand shake. Think its kind of stretching that one out a bit to get that out of it, but its about the easiest explination.

Guess theres also a possibility that theres a whole layer of symbolisim that dosent translate well from Japanese to other cultures. And Im in no way trying toprove Im right I just think its a little deeper than "NO"
    Last edited by J_Steele_05; 12-16-2005 at 02:58 PM.
    [!]Prendpartea al mio inferno eterno su terra:meatwad:
    I Like it when the red water comes out
    --!>

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Think your answers are a little lacking since theres no substantial evidence that Shuyin was a blitzer. Im fiarly sure machean even said Shuyin was a commoner. So he wasn't a famous blitzer. and Tidus and Shuyin ARE from a thousand years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by GAME SCRIPT
    Fayth: You're wrong. It's not that you're dreaming. You are a dream

Fayth: Long ago, there was a war.

Tidus: Yeah, with machina, right?

Fayth: Yes. A war between Zanarkand and Bevelle. Bevelle's machina
    assured their victory from the start. Spira had never seen such power.
    The summoners of Zanarkand didn't stand a chance. Zanarkand was doomed to oblivion. That's why we tried to save it-if only in a memory.

Tidus: What did you do?

Fayth: The remaining summoners and the townspeople that survived the war... They all became fayth-fayth for the summoning

Tidus: The summoning... You mean Sin?

Fayth: No. I mean this place. A Zanarkand that never sleeps.

Fayth: The dreams of the fayth summoned the memories of the city. They summoned all the buildings, all the people who lived there.

Tidus: The people... What, they're all dreams? Me, too?

Fayth:Yes, you're a dream of the fayth. You, your father, your mother, everyone. All dreams. And if the fayth stop dreaming...
    Shuyin died 1000 years ago and his soul is trapped in the Den of Woe.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=65928

As for Tidus, he did not time travel and instead, Auron tossed him to Sin in the begining of the game enabling him to get to the real world like how his old man made contact with Sin 10 years ago.

Man's Voice: I was in the coffee shop, running away from home when I
    heard the news. Our hero, Jecht, gone. Vanished into thin air!My dad
    must have been his biggest fan. I knew how sad he'd be. Heck, we all
    were that day. "Zanar", I say to myself, "What are you thinking?" I went
    running straight back home. We sat up talking 'bout Jecht all night. My
    dad and I never talked so much. Whoa... Didn't mean to reminisce, folks.
    Anyway... Ten years later, the Jecht Memorial Cup tournament is today!
    The two teams that have won through to the finals are...of course, the
    Abes from A-East, and the Duggles from C-South. I know there's a lot of
    people out there today to see the star of the Abes! In just one year,
    he's become the team's number one player! He's Jecht's blood, and the
    new hope of blitzball! What kind of super play will he show us today?
    Will we see father's legendary shot? I don't think I'm the only one
    excited here, folks!
    This show in Tidus' Zanarkand, his old man is gone for ten years.

Tidus: Sounds like him, but it can't be him.

Yuna: Why not?

Tidus: My old man, he died. Ten years ago, off the coast of Zanarkand.

Yuna: I'm sorry.

Tidus: He went out to sea for training one day...and never came back.
    And no one's seen him since then.

Yuna: Why, that's the day that Jecht came to Spira. It's true! I first
    met Jecht ten years and three months ago! I remember, that was the day
    my father left. The date fits, doesn't it?
    This show Sir Jecht appear in the real world 10 years before Tidus did too.

Have you really played the two games?
    Yes.

Jecht and Tidus were spat from the memories of the fayth. meaning that a large amount of unsent people rember them. I dont think theres a connection between the two.
    what!???

But I guess if there were a reasoning the dream thing suits me. I guess you could go as far to say Tidus and Yuna are the same people as Shuyin and Lenne, since machen said lenne and Yuna have the same hand shake. Think its kind of stretching that one out a bit to get that out of it, but its about the easiest explination.
    WHAT!!???
    Last edited by Christmas; 12-16-2005 at 03:32 PM.

Your reading into what im saying too hard. I was agreeing with you about Tidus being a dream. What you have to look at is the Fact that this also means that Jecht is too. As with Sin, and the Aeons all products of the Fayth.

But I guess if there were a reasoning the dream thing suits me. I guess you could go as far to say Tidus and Yuna are the same people as Shuyin and Lenne, since machen said lenne and Yuna have the same hand shake. Think its kind of stretching that one out a bit to get that out of it, but its about the easiest explination.
    What I was saying that the biggest cooralation between the 4 people is that thier love for each other,losses and and thier search for the ones they lost, are Similar And Shuyin is mistaken for Tidus, and Yuna is mistaken for Lenne as well. I was just saying that it could be a possibility that The two couples are one in the same, but unliekly
    --!>

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Tidus and Shuyin ARE from a thousand years ago.
    NO.did you read my post above about no one time travelled....

What I was saying that the biggest cooralation between the 4 people is that thier love for each other,losses and and thier search for the ones they lost, are Similar And Shuyin is mistaken for Tidus, and Yuna is mistaken for Lenne as well. I was just saying that it could be a possibility that The two couples are one in the same, but unliekly
    Tidus is mst probably the dream version of Shuyin....

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=65928
    As for Yuna, think of the songtress dressphere.....

Quote Originally Posted by Unknowns/Christmas

Spheres are crystalized Spirit Energy(Pyrefiles) as such. Pyrefiles contribute to the existence of Unsent.
    So most likely Lenne’s soul crystallized to form the Dressphere.

Also, Lenne "came" out of Yuna when she is in her songstress dressphere during the ending and there is an image of her shown in the 1000 words concert. Note that Lenne's image replaced Yuna's in the Japanese Version.

Ok take it easy your gonna give your self an anurism or somthing. Yeha Tidus didnt time travel. The Fayth rember him as he was a thousand years ago. Ive never mentioned time travel
    --!>

Yes I know there is no direct link between Yuna and Lenne do i need to regress to the vocabulary of a 4th grader so that you can properly digest my words. So I wont go into the whole corralation issue any more. You clearly cant understand that its an idea not my belief. The truth is theres too much deffinate information lacking to accept or deny the existance of a corrilation of any type between any of them, and I was simply stating possibilities.
    --!>

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Ok take it easy your gonna give your self an anurism or somthing. Yeha Tidus didnt time travel. The Fayth rember him as he was a thousand years ago. Ive never mentioned time travel
    Seeing your reaction of your rebuke when I mention they didn't time travel, it do surprise me....

I was simply stating possibilities.
    me too...

aright sounds good, Im geaded back home, Its an 8 hour trip, it was fun argueing with you,i wish you a Merry Christmas incase I dont make it through the Ice, and are otherwise incapable of doing so later. Chaio
    --!>

Hey I Actually have a question my self. Tiedus and Shuyin come from the same time, I know this for sure. So are they really alternate personalities of the same person, is Shuyin Jecht’s bastard child, or is it just coincidence that they look alike. Its probably already been pointed out. Id say Its just coincidence, but that seems dumb and meaningless. Out of all the thousands of people in Zanarkand the two that transcend time end up looking like twins, but inexplicably have no relation. Square needs to hire some of these fan fic people, and maybe some of us as producers. Don’t get me wrong I love the game, but Square is getting sloppy. Anyone is Suikoden a forbidden word around here. If SquareEnix doesn’t shape up that’s who’s running the RPG show. I think its just what Square needs though as the Suikoden series takes off It will give Square the kick competition kick they need. Geez got a little off topic, What’s everyone else’s opinion, I guess on all of it.
    This idea, that Tidus and Shuyin were/are from the same time, is a common misconception regarding FFX and FFX-2. This excerpt from my essay Tidus and Shuyin: An Analysis, should help to explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune&#183 View Post
    Tidus, as is commonly known, was 17 year old during the events of FFX. However, some people have assumed that he is really ~1000 years old, having existed since Zanarkand was destroyed by Sin at the end of the Machina War. This stems from a misunderstanding of dialogue that takes place early in FFX.

Early on, Rikku tells Tidus that Sin destroyed Zanarkand a millennium before the events of FFX.

Rikku: Don't worry, you'll be better in no time. They say your head gets
    funny when Sin is near. Maybe you just had some kind of dream?

Tidus: You mean I'm sick?

Rikku: Because of Sin's toxin, yeah.

Tidus: You sure?

Rikku: Yeah, there is no Zanarkand anymore. Sin destroyed it a thousand
    years ago. So...no one plays blitzball there.

Tidus: Huh? What you do mean a thousand years ago? But I saw Sin attack
    Zanarkand! You're saying that happened a thousand years ago? No way!

Later, after Tidus washes up near Besaid, Wakka confirms Zanarkand’s death long ago.

Tidus: It's true Zanarkand was destroyed, right? A thousand years ago?
    So it's just a big pile of rubble now, isn't it?

Wakka: Long time ago, there were a whole lot of cities in Spira. Big
    cities with machina-machines-to run 'em. People played all day and let
    the machina do the work. And then, well, take a look. Sin came, and
    destroyed the machina cities. And Zanarkand along with 'em. Yeah, that
    was about a thousand years ago, just like you said.

As a result of this and similar information, many people have assumed that Tidus was thrown ~1000 years forward by his encounter with Sin. However, such is not the case. Dream Zanarkand, summoned by Yu Yevon from within Sin, has basically existed since the “real” Zanarkand was destroyed. While the city itself is relatively static, architecturally unchanging, and with its Aeon citizenry unaware of what lies beyond the waters, its population is static, in flux like any human population found elsewhere in Spira. Time passes in identical fashion in Dream Zanarkand as it does anywhere else; hence, the residents of Dream Zanarkand are born, live out their lives, and eventually die.

In-game dialogue supports this idea that time passes in Dream Zanarkand in the same way it should in the rest of Spira.

Man's Voice: I was in the coffee shop, running away from home when I
    heard the news. Our hero, Jecht, gone. Vanished into thin air! My dad
    must have been his biggest fan. I knew how sad he'd be. Heck, we all
    were that day. "Zanar", I say to myself, "What are you thinking?" I went
    running straight back home. We sat up talking 'bout Jecht all night. My
    dad and I never talked so much. Whoa... Didn't mean to reminisce, folks.
    Anyway... Ten years later, the Jecht Memorial Cup tournament is today!
    The two teams that have won through to the finals are...of course, the
    Abes from A-East, and the Duggles from C-South. I know there's a lot of
    people out there today to see the star of the Abes! In just one year,
    he's become the team's number one player! He's Jecht's blood, and the
    new hope of blitzball! What kind of super play will he show us today?
    Will we see father's legendary shot? I don't think I'm the only one
    excited here, folks!

Priest: Ten years have passed since Lord Braska became high summoner.
    And finally we receive a statue for our temple.

Realize that Jecht accompanied Braska on his pilgrimage for the Final Aeon. According to the dialogue, ten years have passes in Spira since this event. According to the man from Dream Zanarkand, who calls himself Zanar, ten years have also passed in that place. For every year that passes in Spira, a year passes in Dream Zanarkand. This also suggests the dynamic reality of events there; it does not reset to Jecht again excelling in Blitzball. Rather, the torch has passed to the next generation.

Driving the point home even further, we later observe a discussion between Tidus and Yuna where we are left with no doubt that the times correspond.

Yuna: You're a blitzball player, aren't you? From Zanarkand, right?

Tidus: You hear that from Wakka? Wakka doesn't believe me at all.

Yuna: But I believe you! I've heard, in Zanarkand...there is a great
    stadium, all lit up even at night!

Tidus: Huh?

Yuna: Great blitzball tournaments are held there, and the stands are
    always full!

Tidus: How do you know that?

Yuna: A man named Jecht told me. He was my father's guardian.

Tidus mumbles "Jecht" to himself in an unhappy way.

Tidus: My father...his name is Jecht!

Yuna: Amazing! You know, our meeting like this must be the blessing of
    Yevon!

Tidus: Sounds like him, but it can't be him.

Yuna: Why not?

Tidus: My old man, he died. Ten years ago, off the coast of Zanarkand.

Yuna: I'm sorry.

Tidus: He went out to sea for training one day...and never came back.
    And no one's seen him since then.

Yuna: Why, that's the day that Jecht came to Spira. It's true! I first
    met Jecht ten years and three months ago! I remember, that was the day
    my father left. The date fits, doesn't it?

Furthermore, we repeatedly see that Tidus himself has changed as time has passed. In several instances, we see flashbacks of a young Tidus, a child in Dream Zanarkand.

Jecht: You with a woman? You can't even catch a ball! Oh, what's the
    matter? Gonna cry again? Cry, cry. That's the only thing you're good
    for!

Young Tidus: I hate you.

Jecht: Huh? What'd you say?

Man: But, it's been nearly... It's been nearly a day already.

Woman: Perhaps you could go look for us.

Man: People are searching for him now.

Woman: Thank you.

Young Tidus: Who cares whether he comes back or not?

Woman: But he might die!

Young Tidus: Fine, let him!

Woman: Do you... Do you hate him so?

Young Tidus nods "yes".

Woman: If he dies, you'll never be able to tell him how much you hate
    him.

Jecht: See? I told him what I thought of him, right there!

Tidus' Mom: Really?

Jecht: 'Course!

Tidus' Mom: I suppose, but...

Young Tidus: Mommy...

Tidus' Mom: Just a sec, dear.

Again, we see the change wrought by time. Ten years ago, Tidus was a child. Presently, he is a young adult.

Thus, while they are dependent upon the fayth and the Summoning within Sin for substantiation, the citizenry is entirely different from the residents that the fayth Dreamt to originally populate Dream Zanarkand. However, this citizenry is unaware of the Spira that exists outside the borders of Dream Zanarkand. Tidus had never heard of Bevelle, or Luca, or the actual Zanarkand, or any other location in Spira. As a result, he interpreted the Zanarkand long destroyed to be the same as Dream Zanarkand, his Zanarkand. This led many to the mistaken assumption that Tidus had been Dreamt 1000 years ago, the memory of Shuyin. However, realizing that Tidus really is only 17, we can see that the temporal distance between Shuyin and Tidus is massive. Tidus is certainly many generations removed from the original memories of Dream Zanarkand, and thus has no link of this manner to Shuyin.
    Tidus and Shuyin are not alternate personalities, nor is Tidus a reincarnation of Shuyin. They are linked only so far as appearance and physical abilities are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas
    Anyway, Tidus didn't time travel to 1000 years later and Tidus is most probably the "dream" version of Shuyin.
    Not exactly, as such a concept still suffers from the temporal contradictions inherent in suggesting Tidus and Shuyin were from the same period. "Dream Shuyin" would have been, presumably, a third individual, who lived out his life in Dream Zanarkand immediately after it was manifested. He would have died hundreds of years prior to FFX.

Tidus, however, would have likely been given physical form (Dreamt) using the same physical template as was used for Dream Shuyin (himself based on the physical appearance of the real Shuyin). However, this template was brought about, it remains the most likely explanation for the otherwise insoluble question of why Tidus and Shuyin look (basically) the same.

As to the matter of Yuna and Lenne, there is absolutely no link between the two, other than perhaps a symbolic framework. Yuna, after all, wasn't from Dream Zanarkand, and therefore had physical form independent of the memory of the Fayth.

I’ve never looked at it that way I always looked at as there was a reset button or something Like that. where history looped and just started over after the destruction of Zanarkand. But this makes more sense. Because that would mean that Zanarkand would have been at war with Bevelle and obviously there not when Auron and Sin come to visit. I never really thought there was a connection between Tidus and Shuyin I just believe its just a little unprofessional to base a whole game on the basis of coincidental likeness. I understand most of the process of game development, and its difficult to put together a quality RPG with an original story, but that’s kind of weak. But it’s not impossible by any means plenty of people look alike, otherwise actors would always be getting hurt. The game was good. If the name hadn’t been final fantasy it was just an Independent game by anyone people wouldn’t have as much to say about it.
    --!>