Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FF2 - Do you really care for the temporary characters?

I just train Layla really... she seems to be in your party the most.
    "Vivi pwns your ass."

yeah laylas cool i gave her a bow and put her on the back row and she can deal some serious damage without being touched becoz now shes got an ice bow which ive been training her with, she does more damage that the rest of my team but her magic def. isnt great

Leila is really the only guest character that you get to keep for a long time. Hence, she's the only one I bother really leveling up. Gordon is also someone I like to concentrate on because as Peter_20 said, you have to use him at a hard part in the game.
    The things I could not do yesterday, I shall not fear to attempt today, for I shall never give up on tomorrow. - Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs Crossfire)

Yeah, if you haven't leveled them up well and you're playing SoR, I feel sorry for you. Does anyone have Scott's Stats? Are they picked at random?
    Front-wards, back-wards, anyway you see! Such a strange spell to swish-swish-aree! Tceles Nottub B. Swish-swish-aroo!

I've only beaten FFI, but I'm close to beating FFIII for FAMICOM!

YAY FOR CHOCOBOS!

DON'T FORGET MOOGLES! :mog:

Quote Originally Posted by Slam Dancin' Moogle
    Does anyone have Scott's Stats? Are they picked at random?
    Scott's stats are predetermined, probably to compensate for anyone who neglected to level up the other SoR characters. Scott starts with 700 HP and 100 MP.

As to the initial question, none of the characters (including the permanent ones) received enough development for me to "care" about them to any great extent. In terms of training, it varies from game to game.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I cared for all of the temporary characters and did my best to level them up well. Richard was especially a tank with his spear and good defence. Fortunately I leveled him up since Souls of Rebirth was extremely hard, and fortunately you can save anywhere there. I died every 2nd battle or so until I got Richard to join my party, and it was still very tough after that.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Wierd, everyone keeps talking about how crappy Gordon was, but I didn't have that much trouble training him into a good character.

Anyway, Minh and Layla are my favorite characters, so yeah I care about them. I didn't like Josef, and Ricard was okay. I liked Gordon a little though.

I hate Gordon. You feel so sorry for him, and then he sucks. Spear?! Why does he come with a damn spear!? NO SPELLS?! He looks like a bard, for god's sake. He should at least know Cure, shouldn't he?

Which FF Character Are You?
    :magus: Long, funny-coloured hair? Check. Bad choice of clothing? Check. Good/Bad complex? Check. Hmm... they're right. I AM Kuja.

I never bothered with any of them, until i got Lionheart back