Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FFX Prequel

Default FFX Prequel

Seeing how they made FFX-2 *puke* What do you think of a prequel, 10 years earlier.

Picture the adventures of Braska, Jecht, and Auron. Different skills, different Magic, different NPC's (cept the main ones like Rin). Maybe we can see what happens to the al bhed that was so horrible. Maybe we can see the final showdown between Braska's Final Aeon and Sin (including Braska sacrificing himself)

I think this would be bitchin'

I wish they had made a prequal instead of FFX-2. I think a prequal would be interesting and fun due to what you learn of the 3 characters in FFX. But considering what happened with FFX-2, when it had so much potential to actually be good and interesting but instead became a sad mess, i would probably be only disappointed with what was made. Which is why it is probably for the best that a prequal will not be made (at least i dont think square is planning on making one )
    Now for some words of wisdom:
    Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.....hmmm wait just a minute.

Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking

"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."
    - Britney Spears, Pop Singer

It could be fun, but there's too much known and it would be way too repetitive. I think they good work up the fact that Braska married an Al Bhed maybe, give more of Auron's background as a priest. The problem is Spira doesn't change much and it would be hard to make a not repetitive game. I think the Zanarkand wars would be more interesting as they are less explored. This idea would need a lot of original touches. Maybe they could have more basis in the politics of Yevon, and attempt to expand on that. I don't know... it'd lack originality.

If they could come up with some new ideas it could be fun though.

Edit: And as we know the result they'd probably have to add a twist to that too.

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

X-2 was made to bring in the female audience, I think females ages 10-13, but I just ignored it, X was fine the way it ended, the little cry baby blitz baller saved the world and sacrificed himself, but a prequel to FFX would be good, its just that we would have to wait another 2 years for it, and X would have grown stale.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by SoulTaker*
    X-2 was made to bring in the female audience, I think females ages 10-13
    I don't think so. My 7 year old daughter hated the fact that they only put Yuna and Tidus together at the end for a mere 1 minute scene. And that only after you played an insane amount of quests to see them together in the "Perfect ending". I imagine a 10-13 girl would be even more disappointed at the lack of Tidus and Yuna reunion scenes! And not being able to play / move around guys as well as girl charachters...

Me too! I was sorely disappointed. The music was cheesy, blitzball was lame and it was way to girly even for me, a female. I half expected to see a “tea party” mission with YRP feeding tea and crumpets to their moogle dolls! I liked the romance on FFX and FFX2 had none of it, only drama from a couple we barely knew about it!

But the new battling system was smooth, fast and slick and you had to use strategy to win, not just mash the “x” button. I also liked the math on sphere break and chapters 1 and 5. And I had to play many hours to get the “Perfect Ending” So I ended up liking it more in the end, after my 3rd time through it.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default FFX prequels

I wrote 2 Fan Fictions with them

One a short story about how Auron met Braska (posted at this forum in the writing corner and later at Fan Fiction)
    http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=74579

and one about the Bevelle / Zanarkand war period 1,000 years ago
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2693791/1/

Default Whoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri
    I don't think so. My 7 year old daughter hated the fact that they only put Yuna and Tidus together at the end for a mere 1 minute scene. And that only after you played an insane amount of quests to see them together in the "Perfect ending". I imagine a 10-13 girl would be even more disappointed at the lack of Tidus and Yuna reunion scenes! And not being able to play / move around guys as well as girl charachters...

Me too! I was sorely disappointed. The music was cheesy, blitzball was lame and it was way to girly even for me, a female. I half expected to see a “tea party” mission with YRP feeding tea and crumpets to their moogle dolls! I liked the romance on FFX and FFX2 had none of it, only drama from a couple we barely knew about it!

But the new battling system was smooth, fast and slick and you had to use strategy to win, not just mash the “x” button. I also liked the math on sphere break and chapters 1 and 5. And I had to play many hours to get the “Perfect Ending” So I ended up liking it more in the end, after my 3rd time through it.
    Tough Critic.
    Harder!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by SKS_InFaMoUs
    Tough Critic.
    Me or my 7 year old (you have no idea, try making sandwiches for her lunchbox at school!!!)

I liked the game but only after I played it for a while and got used to the cheesy technopop musak. And after I finally got over the lack of Tidus / Yuna romantic scenes

I add a lot more reasons why I like it here
    http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost....4&postcount=20
    Last edited by Renmiri; 12-24-2005 at 02:45 AM.

It would be interesting to say the least

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That would be bitchin...

One thing, Renmiri- please tell me when strategy's needed. I think the battle system (at least in-battle) was very good in the way the ATB worked, but it never needed strategy that I can remember.

I don't think a prequel makes sense as I said and I didn't want more romance scenes, I wanted less. Tidus imo shouldn't have come back, but if he was going to I liked what they did- they didn't focus on a romantic story that had been done much better in X. They showed one scene and let it go. I just wish the rest of the story had been strong, if he was going to come back I'm glad it wasn't for a long scene (I'm not counting the perfect ending as I would never spend the time to see it).

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

Quote Originally Posted by Sain Cai
    Seeing how they made FFX-2 *puke* What do you think of a prequel, 10 years earlier.

Picture the adventures of Braska, Jecht, and Auron. Different skills, different Magic, different NPC's (cept the main ones like Rin). Maybe we can see what happens to the al bhed that was so horrible. Maybe we can see the final showdown between Braska's Final Aeon and Sin (including Braska sacrificing himself)

I think this would be bitchin'
    I say Final Fantasy X-3. I heard Final Fantasy X-3 was romoured awhile back and that it will be the prequel. Not sure if its going to happen or not.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by raskerino
    One thing, Renmiri- please tell me when strategy's needed. I think the battle system (at least in-battle) was very good in the way the ATB worked, but it never needed strategy that I can remember.
    Oh, you can pretty much spend the whole game with Gunner's "Trigger Happy" and catnip w/o any different strategy. But before you get catnip, or if you want more variety to your battles you have to "evolve" your strategies. Every dressphere helps you complete the game in her own way. For example, in the farplane, when you fight dark element and etc you need gunner and white mage but in other battles you'll need something else, you know what I mean?

That's what I like about FFX2 battles. They require strategy and you have to change it depending on the enemy you face, it's not just a question of picking one move aand sticking with it the entire game (Bo-ring!)

My favorite dressphere is the Mascot for Yuna and Paine, Alchemist for Rikku - except for the batlles you mentioned, where you need Trigger Happy from Gunner to survive.

Mascot is the DS that gives more HP from all of them. For instance if Yuna has 1,800 HP as Gunner she will get to more than 4,000 just by putting Mascot on. Mascot also has automatic Ribbon, Protect and Shell just by using it, which frees your equipment slots for other stuff. Add a 100% HP Accessory and you get your girls to 9,999 HP or pretty close to it, easily right after you reach a level above 30.

And the best part: Mascot lets Yuna use Warrior and Dark Mage skills and Paine can use Samurai and Black Mage skills. Yuna I keep with Unerring Path GG to quicly get to her Floral special suit. To Paine I add a Arcana Lore accessory or a Chaos Maelstrom GG to get her Dark Mage skills too, so both of them can cast Black Sky

Add Ragnarok to Yuna or Paine and you have one sweet Black Sky spell costing 0 points, on a character shielded like a fortress with Ribbon, Protect and Shell, with high HP to boot! You can add catnip to the other so when the going gets tough she can cast Black Sky with 9,9999 hit points per each of the 10-12 blows Black Sky delivers. It is enough to kill everything outside of the Bevelle Cloister dungeon.

And if things get too dicey Alchemist Rikku can always revive them all with Mega Phoenix.. Or Yuna can heal / revive and restore MP with her Kuppo spells, while Paine has a very strong cactuar attack in her Mascot spells

BTW, Rikku's Mascot DS gives her all White Mage spells plus all Berserker spells but I don't see much advantage to it. The Berserker spells are pretty much useless w/o the rest of the Beserker suit skills since none of the hard fiends get affected by the "fear" and "break" spells it has. And I rarely use White Mage after I got Alchemist levelled up enough to give free Mega Potion, Mega Phoenix and Elixir! WM has no attacks, what's the point ? Full Life ? No need! Add a catnip to Rikku's Alchemist and she heals / revives with 9,999 HP every time she uses her free stash of goodies! And unlike White Mage, the Alchemist can heal / revive the whole party at once!

PS: I just wish the girls didn't look so cheesy on the Mascot DS. It rocks, but the look of it gets old pretty fast!

While I loved X and X-2 was just ok... Ill have to agree with renmiri that I was dissapointed that there was a major lack of romance scenes. I mean thats one of the main reasons I loved X. Every time I was gonna take a break from playing there was a scene between Tidus and Yuna and it made me keep playing to see more... The ending to X-2 was too little too late while I did think it was good just the lead up to it was dull and hard to play through (at least for me). I liked the Eternal Calm video more then I liked X-2... But I also agree that a X prequel would be the ultimate. I mean after X-2 the expectations for it would be low anywayz wouldnt it? They could add new areas that would have been destroyed by sin before X and there could be more aeons whos temples were destroyed by sin... Theres a lot they could do to make a X prequel that was better then X-2. I would love a X prequel!!!
    RUSKIES LIVES!

I think that a game about Braska's journey might be too short and definitely predictable, a decent movie perhaps, but not a game. A prequel, like some other High Summoners journey centuries ago, or even one before Sin about the Machina War. They might be decent games, as they might be able to expand Spira further, as Yunaslove said, by including places sin had yet to destroy.