View Poll Results: Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Merry Christmas

31 59.62%
  • Happy Holidays

4 7.69%
  • Do we really need to argue on this subject?

9 17.31%
  • I just avoid the situation and dont really say anything

8 15.38%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

Quote Originally Posted by War Angel
    Ansem... there's so much hate in you, it's really sad to see. I would've said it's infuriating, only as I've said, I'm not nearly Christian enough for it to get to me. I do suggest, however, that you tone down your ignorant and hateful remarks towards people's beliefs and the believers themselves. It creates a tense atmosphere, and doesn't help create an enviorment of 'free-thinking' as you might think.

I do hope that if you raise a child, you will raise him hate-free and do not plant prejudice in his or her young heart. Such acts tend to be very disruptive later on in a kid's life.
    Yes, there is a lot of hate... but there's little I can do about that. I can't find it in myself to forgive the Christians for what they have done to me, and their assimilation into Western culture makes it rather difficult to ignore them.
    For the record, which of my remarks do yuo consider ignorant? I assure you that they all have their reasons.

Bobby will probably do most of the nurturing, and I'll do most of the teaching, since I'm not as patient as he. The child will hate no one, except the religious people who use their inherited beliefs as an excuse for bigotry.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Merry Christmas, because political correctness sucks. People aren't offended they just want something to agrue or sue over. Merry Christmas by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem
    Yes, there is a lot of hate... but there's little I can do about that. I can't find it in myself to forgive the Christians for what they have done to me, and their assimilation into Western culture makes it rather difficult to ignore them.
    For the record, which of my remarks do yuo consider ignorant? I assure you that they all have their reasons.

Bobby will probably do most of the nurturing, and I'll do most of the teaching, since I'm not as patient as he. The child will hate no one, except the religious people who use their inherited beliefs as an excuse for bigotry.
    Most people that celebrate Christmas don't even acknowledge the birth of Christ and it prolly doesn't cross their mind, so it's a little silly to claim that Christmas is a Christian holiday. Especially, with it's pagan background. For most, it's a holiday celebrating family and the gift of giving to others. Santa Claus is about as religious as most people go.

If you must hate Christianity, go for it. But attacking little things that only Christians see as holy is a little silly, especially staples of normal life like holidays.

That said, I barely acknowledge Christmas. I put up the tree for my wife and son and I make appearances at the yearly get together with my family, but I have no real love for the holiday. Just another day with people I barely tolerate. i don't use either terms, because I can't bothered to go through such hoops.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

Truth be told, I don't usually waste time attacking Christmas, because it causes too much drama. But here, where I can't hear the voices of my opponents, I feel free to express my opinion.

And also, I have decided to start saying 'Ecstatic Exmas' as my holiday greeting.

Returns Victorious The Triumphant Hero's Avatar

Merry Christmas. It is what I celebrate, and I personally don't care whether I offend somebody. Mainly because people get offended over anything these days. I said that I didn't eat breakfast at school, and someone got offended. In conclusion, political correctness should die. END OPRAH'S REIGN OF TERROR! *gets shot by Oprah's Secret Service sniper unit*
    Last edited by The Triumphant Hero; 12-15-2005 at 02:43 AM.
    O R'lyeh?

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't usually waste time attacking Christmas
    No. You shouldn't attack Christmas at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas
    No. You shouldn't attack Christmas at all.
    Agreed, especially since your attacks have no real basis.

Yeah, if you want to attack a holiday attack Good Friday!

I hate fish SO much!

(SPOILER)
    Not really, it’s deep fried…

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Rain
    Agreed, especially since your attacks have no real basis.
    I think he was making a pun of his name...

But, I seem to recall giving reasons for my statements...

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I say both!

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think he was making a pun of his name...

But, I seem to recall giving reasons for my statements...
    Not really...."he" just happen to have a name that is misunderstanding to you that's all...
    Last edited by Christmas; 12-15-2005 at 01:25 PM.

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just had a truck driver at work wish me "happy holidays". Normally I wouldn't have thought anything of it, but I thought of this thread when he did.

I seem to recall giving reasons for my statements...
    Yes, you stated that you against it because it's a Christian holiday and Christian is bad. (paraphrasing a bit there )

Problem is, no one sees Christmas as a Christian holiday, except religious groups.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

In response to Ansem, I'm athiest and I celebrate Christmas. Not in a Christian way, but in a commercial holiday type of way, as Christmas is just that. I like getting presents and giving them and being with loved ones, plain and simple, and that, in my opinion, is what Christmas is.

I dont say a thing.

But if I did (It would be forced out in a strangled voice) it would be Merry Christmas.

Yes, I dont care what others think, my family celebrates christmas, and I sort of do as well.

Oh and LOL at the "Go snip yourselves"

Another LOL at the attacks on Christmas