View Poll Results: Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Merry Christmas

31 59.62%
  • Happy Holidays

4 7.69%
  • Do we really need to argue on this subject?

9 17.31%
  • I just avoid the situation and dont really say anything

8 15.38%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

WA: I used to say Merry Christmas, but then I realized that all my friends got so used to keeping 'the 6-lettered 'c' word' out of discussion, they always got into a huge fight with me about hypocrisy. Also, many people in my school are heavily Atheist and yell constantly about the religious influence imposed upon December, and Luciferism is on a steady rise as well. Now I say Happy Holidays, to avoid any and all confrontation.

Sas: Political Correctness hasn't steered me wrong yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem
    Now I say Happy Holidays, to avoid any and all confrontation.

Sas: Political Correctness hasn't steered me wrong yet.
    You still fail to see the confrontation caused by "happy holidays". It's funny, actually. But I'll just let that one go.

If you really wanted to avoid confrontation, Ansem, you just wouldn't say anything at all.

I know what you mean, but you miss one huge point: I LOVE angering bible-huggers. It gives me a sadistic, superior feeling. (yes, it's asinine, no, I don't care)

nik: I usually do... but I need to say SOMETHING while I'm randomly walking up to guys in school, draping my arms around them and hugging them goodbye for the break. *light bulb flickers on* HEY! I can just say, 'have a nice break'! *FF VICTORY THEME*

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem
    I know what you mean, but you miss one huge point: I LOVE angering bible-huggers. It gives me a sadistic, superior feeling. (yes, it's asinine, no, I don't care)
    So then why do you want to avoid confrontation?

And also, when bible-huggers derive pleasure out of pissing you as a homosexual off, why do you get angry?

nik: I usually do... but I need to say SOMETHING while I'm randomly walking up to guys in school, draping my arms around them and hugging them goodbye for the break. *light bulb flickers on* HEY! I can just say, 'have a nice break'! *FF VICTORY THEME*
    Yeah. That's kind of intuitive I think.

Read my last few posts. I imply that I want to avoid confrontaiton with people who I believe matter: my friends. Everyone else is just scenery.

They don't do it for pleasure (usually [those who do get a good dose of retaliation, which always leads to me winning]), they believe that their idiotic, outdated, doctrine, which was discredited by their deity (or the deity's spawn, I don't remember) has a glimmer of truth. I get angry because of their lack of being able to say 'I'm a bigot'. And those who say 'I'm a bigot', receive my rage because bigotry is wrong.
    You see, I avoid confrontation about things I can't make a large, flamboyant, drama out of. Also, my anti-anti-homosexuality will be recognized by the world someday. If blacks and jews and muslims and every other minority that christians have oppressed can get what they deserve, then so can I. But in the meantime, I'm gonna yell, and whine, and scream, and verbally slaughter all of my foes. Why? Because to do otherwise would be cowardly, IMO.

2nd Protector of the Sun War Angel's Avatar

I know what you mean, but you miss one huge point: I LOVE angering bible-huggers.
    And yet you dare to consider yourself a 'liberal', and launch verbal assaults at other people's apparent disrespect for your 'I'm special and homosexual' thing you've got going on for yourself. Really, man, the hypocrisy... Respect others and be worthy of respect in return. If you attack people for their beliefs alone (where those beliefs do not concern or harm you), you deserve whatever you get back.
    When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one yourself... when gazing into the abyss, bear in mind that the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

The rightful owner of this Ciddie can kiss my arse! :P

They don't do it for pleasure (usually [those who do get a good dose of retaliation, which always leads to me winning]), they believe that their idiotic, outdated, doctrine, which was discredited by their deity (or the deity's spawn, I don't remember) has a glimmer of truth.
    I don't believe that for a minute. Of course they do it for pleasure. However, they realise that what they are doing is not necessarily a nice thing thing to do, so they have to completely abuse their religion so that they can personally justify thier BS.

You see, I avoid confrontation about things I can't make a large, flamboyant, drama out of. Also, my anti-anti-homosexuality will be recognized by the world someday. If blacks and jews and muslims and every other minority that christians have oppressed can get what they deserve, then so can I. But in the meantime, I'm gonna yell, and whine, and scream, and verbally slaughter all of my foes. Why? Because to do otherwise would be cowardly, IMO.
    You do realize that being a brat isn't going to get you anything, right? I don't recall Nelson Mandella, Ghandi, or MLK jr. being a "whiner".

Quote Originally Posted by War Angel
    And yet you dare to consider yourself a 'liberal', and launch verbal assaults at other people's apparent disrespect for your 'I'm special and homosexual' thing you've got going on for yourself. Really, man, the hypocrisy... Respect others and be worthy of respect in return. If you attack people for their beliefs alone (where those beliefs do not concern or harm you), you deserve whatever you get back.
    Oh sweet Yevon, here I go again. RECIPROCITY, PEOPLE! I do not incite confrontation, I only retaliate. Okay? We get it? I anger christians AFTER they pick a fight wth me. GOT IT!? I don't look for trouble, I get enough of it on my own, but I absolutely REFUSE to let the bigotry go unnoticed. Yes, I have fun winning the arguements, because it feels good to have momentary superiority.
    I do not desire special treatment for my homosexuality, nor do I ask for any. I ask for equal treatment, and nothing more. Until I get it, I will draw attention to the subject in the best way a 17 year old boy in the suburbs can: manipulate the gossip and make myself the number one talk of the town. I'm making strides at school, and hopefully reciprocity will blossom in others as it has in me. I am not a hypocrite, I am just a boy with a vision, and no means of making any immediate, drastic, effective change. TEEN ANGST!

Quote Originally Posted by nik
    You do realize that being a brat isn't going to get you anything, right? I don't recall Nelson Mandella, Ghandi, or MLK jr. being a "whiner".
    It gets me enough. The drama that ensues from my rants which ensue from the ignorant masses' idiotic anti-homosexual rants are, as I said, making changes. I have already made examples of 27 students and 2 teachers who got in my way. The school as a whole is more accepting of me because I have left it no other choice. Yes, it's selfish, but I feel it is necessary for a meaningful change.

Now, since we are off-topic, please let this thread be closed.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Why does it matter if you say "Merry Christmas", "Happy Holidays" or anything else, it all means the same thing.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Ansem, and those debating with him - if you don't stop using insults inside your arguments then you'll get more than just this warning. I strongly suggest you clean up your posts or don't post in this thread anymore.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by War Angel
    I can't tell you how much I agree with this. All too many times the "reciprocity" argument is used by both sides. (Trust me, it doesn't work in EoEO, either.) I can't recall making any personal attacks against any homosexual, yet we have one here that can't help but insult my beliefs. Disrespecting them is one thing -- as War Angel said, respect earns respect, and disrespect earns disrespect -- but insulting another's beliefs only makes one look more ignorant and intolerant, which is supposed to be what they're against.

In other words (and probably to reword War Angel's quote), for somebody that claims to be striving for tolerance and acceptance, you need to be somewhat tolerant and accepting. Otherwise, you're even more hypocritical than you claim Christians are. Eventually it looks like you're just trying to get attention, which doesn't help your cause at all.

There is no reason for me to be tolerant of intolerance. That is madness. Christianity fuels intolerance. It was used to justify the KKK and is used to justify homophobia. It is the main obstacle of my ascension to equality. So is it truly so wrong of me to loathe it? Would it be so wrong of the WWII Jews to hate Nazis?

No, but it would be wrong for the WWII Jews to hate Germans.

2nd Protector of the Sun War Angel's Avatar

So is it truly so wrong of me to loathe it?
    Not at all. Loathe and love whatever you want - just don't make it your daily assignment to let the whole world know you hate Christians and love other men.

And if you've brought up the Jew\Nazi bit (which I love and adore), I'll say this; I will NOT act against a Nazi if I see one. Sure, I'd feel almost uncontrollable resentment (far greater than you do towards anything, I assure you), but I would not act on it. If that Nazi assaulted me, verbally or otherwise, or displayed their opinions of me and my people in public, however, he'd be in a world of pain.

No, but it would be wrong for the WWII Jews to hate Germans.
    I'm sorry, but you probably made a typo here, or forgot to type something in. How is it wrong for a victim to hate its wrong-doer?
    When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one yourself... when gazing into the abyss, bear in mind that the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

The rightful owner of this Ciddie can kiss my arse! :P