Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gogo rumors(possible spoilers)

Default Gogo rumors(possible spoilers)

alright I just got from another thread and someone asked about Gogo and that actually got me thinking, "who or what is Gogo exactly?" So that's my question for you guys my personal thoughts on Gogo is that he/she..it is..oh no I've forgotten his name..airship dude's supposedly dead wife(? or fiancee I cant remember)as something I do remember is that her body was never found

Adlai Stevenson.

"Your lives that I spit on are now but a caricature of a cartoon drawn by a kid who is stupid!" ~Fawful

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare X
    Adlai Stevenson.
    Dammit, you beat me to it.

I can still post the quotes, though.

Quote #1
    I am always amazed by the resistance offered to progress, even the most innocous progress. Imagine, if you will, jumping from one rickety bridge to another, with blind men running back and forth trying to push you off, and you will have some idea what legislating progress is like. The good news is that if you're pushed off, you can always climb back up and try again.
    - from his book What I Think

Quote #2
    I suppose I could wear a hat, but then my teeth would fall out to spite me. I could get false ones, but doubtless then I would get fat just to prove my teeth work. The easiest course is to drape my whole body in robes and shawls and hope no one recognizes my eyes.
    - Commenting about his baldness to an NBC reporter in 1952.

Quote #3
    President Eisenhower continues to amaze me. He appears to be an ungainly and graceless man, but when [senator Robert] Taft makes a move, no matter how ridiculous, Eisenhower copies it with the skill of [French mime] Marcel Merceau. I haven't achieved such levels of mimicry with my own party, but I'm working on it.
    - 1952 interview

Quote #4
    The legislature is a frightening thing. To this day the state capitol building seems to me a beast ready to swallow me up; the very walls and ceilings seem to crush you as you walk through it.
    - from his book Friends and Enemies

Quote #5
    Today we are plunged into a battle that is familiar to us. The enemies and the problems are the same. But the terrain is different. The world around us has changed and shifted so much we no longer recognize it.
    - Giving a speech at Charlottesville, 1960

Experience Egg
    Stevenson's ex-wife once wrote a book about him called The Egghead and I. In 1952, one of his campaign slogans was "Stevenson - The Experienced Candidate."
    Last edited by The Man; 12-14-2005 at 07:05 PM.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

daryl
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before

Gogo should of been put in as a secret character in other games, IMO. Such a mysterious and colorful character it was.

My thought is it was just a hidden character put in for fun, as a Final Fantasy V reference. Or something.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

although gogo has many interesting theoriesbut in the end there is no proof so i just think gogo is just some random mime called gogo. not to ruin the fun and all because discussing who gogo could be is interesting. the ones ives heard are he could be banon, daryl, gestahl , leo and adlai stevenson (whoever he is.) .i think gogo should be in more games but he is in FF5 as well but should be in more FFs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Adlai Ewing Stevenson II (February 5, 1900 – July 14, 1965) was an American politician and statesman, noted for his skill in debate and oratory. He was twice an unsuccessful candidate for President of the United States (1952 and 1956).

in my estimation, possibly America's greatest statesman never to ascend to the Presidency (rivaled only, I think, by Ben Franklin), and he likely failed that only because Eisenhower was one of the most popular presidents we ever had by quite a significant margin.
    Last edited by The Man; 12-14-2005 at 07:53 PM. Reason: wtf, I srsly need to stop making typos

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryûkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

My kind of guy.

yeah Daryl that was her name. So he/she is in FFV as well so it could be an allusion to Adlai Ewing Stevenson. Banon? Where do I know that name from I've heard people say Cid is Gogo cause of his dissperance shortly after you're deptare from that island as Celes, Leo was buried so I don't think it's him, Ghestal was attacked by the power of the goddesses and then pushed off a floating island if he survived that I will be very surprised

Banon was the guy who led the Returners before Kefka is assumed to have offed him before his time. Cid does not disappear from the island after Celes leaves, either, so Gogo certainly can't be him.

as far as I'm concerned, the Banon, Cid, Leo, Gestahl, Daryl, and whatever rumors are stretching things far too far. Gogo is just some random guy (or woman). Nothing more to it than that. If Square had wanted there to be an OMG GOGO = DARYL rumor, they'd have made it blindly obvious, and since Daryl has a grave in which she is buried, the odds of her being Gogo are pretty much nil.

(SPOILER)The Adlai quotes linking him to Gogo were fabricated, by the way, but it's become something of a tradition to mention the theory every time a Gogo thread comes up

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaki_XIII
    Banon? Where do I know that name from I've heard people say Cid is Gogo cause of his dissperance shortly after you're deptare from that island as Celes, Leo was buried so I don't think it's him, Ghestal was attacked by the power of the goddesses and then pushed off a floating island if he survived that I will be very surprised
    Banon was the leader of the returners. And as for Cid dissapearing, as I recall he stays on the island if you feed him good fish and he recovers. Otherwise (SPOILER)he dies.

Let's not forget that they also made a reference to Gogo in FF IX when you give the Magical Fingertip in Dagguerro. He tells a story of how Gogo used this magical fingertip to mimic things and make copies of other people.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

iirc, FF9 had references to virtually every FF character in virtually every preceding game. I don't remember that particular one, but it doesn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man
    iirc, FF9 had references to virtually every FF character in virtually every preceding game. I don't remember that particular one, but it doesn't surprise me.
    I remeber there was a reference to Kain, but I don't recall any other character references unless I missed something

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryûkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I'd say you missed out on a metric ton of things.