Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question about Kain

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Yeah, I'd like to know what he was doing before Zemus snagged his brain and why he and Cecil were apparently raised separately.

Same here. It's been something that has been bugging me for a long time. Especially why and how Golbez and Cecil were seperated.

Golbeze is older for one, about 30 I think. I guess when KluYa died, he left his sons. Cecil was raised as the adopted child of King Baron, whereas wtf happened to Golbeze? Maybe they were together when the King found them and he saw more potential in Cecil so he left Golbeze to the wilderness or something. *Shrug*
    Sigless

you know, I think I used to know why the two of them were separated, but damned if I can remember it now. That really pisses me off.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Pfft Kain didnt like Cecil for taking his girl. Why do you think he becamse a dragoon? Do you really think its because of his father? No. its so he could jump 50 feet in the air while making love to Rosa. Then cecil came along and took her.

LMAO I was only kidding. On a serious note, yea I agree with what people said, deep down kain might have been jealous of cecil a bit but golbez pushed him across the line by controlling him.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

I suggest everyone take a look at Cain's trial in the Lunar Dungeon.

kain's trial, you say? i don't remember it. but it's been ... a long time since i played FFIV. just got it as Chronicles, but i'm going to beat FFOrigins first. refresh my memory, please?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

The lunar dungeon in question--and the character trials within--only exists in the GBA version of FFIV.

y'see... that explins a lot as to why i don't know a thing about it.

I doubt I'm going to have time to play the GBA version of FFIV anytime soon. So. Anyone mind posting a brief synopsis of what happens?

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

anyway.if kain was still being controlled by golbez hed just attack cecil, rydia,edge and rosa while they arent looking. kain wouldnt kill rosa but hed just put her out of action and kill the rest.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf
    anyway.if kain was still being controlled by golbez hed just attack cecil, rydia,edge and rosa while they arent looking. kain wouldnt kill rosa but hed just put her out of action and kill the rest.
    Yeah, you have a point. I doubt Golbez would want them still around and he'd order Kain to kill them, Rosa too if his control over Kain was strong enough. And, if Kain was still under the control, he would of helped Golbez finish the others off in Dwarven Castle.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man
    I doubt I'm going to have time to play the GBA version of FFIV anytime soon. So. Anyone mind posting a brief synopsis of what happens?
    I'd still like an answer to this question. xD

I'd still like an answer to this question. xD
    what's happenin' freedo, lad? yeah i would like an answer to this question myself. i have the GBA version and i have read that kain gets more of his backstory revealed... but... where? when? i haven't noticed it.

also sorry for bumping an old thread, but i think sometimes it's necessary. i'm not capable of re-creating this discussion in my own thread, which would make any point i wanted to add irrelevant (if it was in my own thread). yes.

Default Re: Question about Kain

Well, I think that Kain was under Golbez's control, but Kain (like Cecil) had a strong will, so why didn't he fight back? Simple, Kain might've already known that (WARNING SPOILER WARNING AHEAD STOP READING) Golbez was Cecils brother, Kain knew that Cecil was so close to the moon, so he didn't let it out, for fear of jeopardizing Cecil's quest

Dat's my honest opinion, but do keep in mind that this is a Final Fantasy, and the more beautiful points of these games are the ones left unexplained right? cuz an event thats a "variable" keeps you guessing, and compels you to carefully replay, and examine the games true beauty, over and over again. That is the no.1 reason why Final Fantasy is the longest running (next to that gay italian plumber who impales innocent turtles) game around. I've never played another game that could ever duplicate that original fresh authenticity, right guys?

Edit by Kishi: Don't double-post, and don't post at all in a huge obnoxious font.