Thread: FFI-DoS Bestiary help desperatly ;_;

Default FFI-DoS Bestiary help desperatly ;_;

I have been thru the Soul of chaos whisperwind cove dungeon 3 TIMES ALREADY (Just started a 4th), before I lose my mind, I am gonna test my luck here, I need anything, from hints to faqs (Not Gamefaqs', I already tried those), that can help me to fill my bestiary >_>, I cant find the following monsters, even if I follow all the indications ppl have given to me (in Gamefaqs boards), I have bad luck and I have been HOURS looking for them w/o results.

/-----------------------------------------------------------------------/
    | #162: Furaddogiga-su (Flood Gigas)
    | Where fought: Whispering Wind Grotto (some Marsh Cave-looking
    | floors; rare)
    | #175: A-sutororu (Earth Troll)
    | Where fought: Whispering Wind Grotto (some Earth Cave-looking floors)
    | #178: Yamata no Orochi
    | Where fought: Whispering Wind Grotto (lava floors B30+; rare)
    | #183: Handoreggu (?)
    | Whispering Wind Grotto (some lava-filled floors)
    /-----------------------------------------------------------------------/

The above info was taken from the Monster List Faq (JIS) in gamefaqs

This is the info I got about the monsters above in the gamefaqs boards:

Flood Gigas (it looks like a Gigas Worm) is indeed on Marsh Cave type floors (lots of green and grey), and can actually be found from roughly floor 20 onwards, not just from 30+. If you're on a Marsh Cave floor now, just keep trying and you'll find one.

Earth Troll (looks like Troll) and Sehkret (looks like Minotaur) are on Earth Cave type floors (yellowish dirt though, not brownish; brownish is a Dwarf Cave type floor). Note that Whisperwind Cove's 'world map' floor also counts as Earth Cave type. These monsters can also be found from roughly 20+ onward.

Undergrounders (look like Ankheg) live on Ice Cave type floors (these are obvious). I don't remember if they're from 20 onwards or 30 onwards.

Handoreggu is HundLegger (another Ankheg lookalike), and it can be found on the same floors as Undergrounder and on the Lava-type floors. Unlike all the other monsters listed, this one can also be found in Hellfire Chasm, on the floor with all those bats. They might also be on Lava-type floors in Hellfire Chasm; I honestly can't remember.

Btw, some monsters that arent in my list at the begining of this topic were mentioned above because I didnt have them by then

I gave up (went to the next floor) on Flood gigas after spending 1:30 hours in the same Marsh Cave room w/o results, and I spent in the big "world map" looking for earth troll and sehkret during 2 hours ;_;

Please help me with anything, what am I doing wrong? 0.o, before my bad luck makes me lose it. Thanks in advance, I gave as much info as I could for my own so it would be easier for you to help me, please ;_;

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

It would appear it's simply bad luck. I fully completed the bestiary using FAQs such as that one.

Yeah, me too, I had trouble finding the Flare Gigas, Mythril Golem and Poison Naga

But those, most were found in Whisprwind Grotto

I got a 100% Complete FF1 bestiary a few times. Yamatano Orochi is an extremely rare enemy, actually. When you get into a fight with him, defeat him, and save your game immediately, otherwise you'll have a hard time finding him again. And yes, you'll fight him on the lava floors, B31-B39.

Where can i fight the Flare Gigas? That is the only enemy that i have never fought or even seen once.

lol i'm the same a carmilla
    i found my Yamato orochi on a floating fortess floor in WWC 30+floor though...
    i've checked a few faqs... i got this that says you can find it on a water floor O.o

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    / FLARE GIGAS /
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HP: 1050
    EXP: 2000
    GIL: 2000
    WKN: None
    LOC: Water Floors (!); Cavern Floors; Fire Floors

a very good source that helped me out with every other one (i forget her name... she's from this site though :P) tells me i can find it on the lava floors in WWC...
    after i check the water spring temple again... i'll have to go back to WWC and hope for the best T_T

(i'm aware the last post to this thread was made a year ago and i'm probably typing to the screen :P)

I completed the bestiary using the exact same FAQ. I, too, had my doubts, but eventually came across them as the guide detailed. Just keep trying -- they will eventually show up.

Man, wish you people'd quit necroposting.

Nevertheless this is a good time to ask: What do you actually get for finishing the Bestiary?

You don't get anything, really. Just a complete bestiary.