Thread: Is This the Right Ending? SPOILERS

Default Is This the Right Ending? SPOILERS

Ok so this is my first thread ever since I joined up over a year ago. I'm not sure weather I should be proud that its in the X-2 forum or not but here goes anyhow.

Recently I decided to go for the big 100% ending on X-2. I had already got 74% or something on my last playthrough (Done ages ago when I first got the game). By the way I used a walkthrough for this playthrough. Anyhow, I managed to get 99% before I was ready to go and fight Vegnagun. I looked at the walkthrough and saw that there was a part where you press 'X' on the Farplane after the fight and the Bahamut Fayth comes out and you answer 'yes' to his question. I thought, ok well that should give me my 100%. So I did it. After the normal ending the credits came as usual and then another FMV with Tidus being reunited with Yuna. Once this was over the game stats screen came up....for some reason it still said 99%. Whys that? I got the perfect ending didn't I? Or is there another even 'perfecter' ending to the game?

Heres the ending I got. I'll spoiler it just in case theres some peeping toms about
    (SPOILER)Ok so after the credits I got this: It shows the final scene from Final Fantasy X where Tidus' wakes up in the water and swims towards the screen (yikes he's scary). He surfaces in Besaid stands there for a bit and looks towards the beach. After a while the Celcius comes in and almost takes him out. As its landing the hatch opens and Yuna jumps out and runs to Tidus. Theres the whole hugging thing and Tidus says hes back, Yuna says something like that too and then they say he's home yada yada yada. Next they look out towards the beach and see all of Besaid's people looking towards them and cheering. The Aurochs are there and at the front of the crowd is Wakka with his goofy, but strangly cool smile. Behind is Lulu and the new kid she had. Theres some sort of close up on her. (It also shows Paine and Rikku at some point too watching from the Celsius hatch). Then Tidus and Yuna start to splash/run towards everyone at the beach. Yuna nararates: "It all started when I saw this sphere of you". Then it ends.
    And thats it. I know its a long and boring post to read but I'm really quite confused as to howcome I still only have 99% even though I have a reunion FMV. Anyhow, any replys as to why would be most appreciated

Blog Entries

That's the good/ruined ending

there was a picture here

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Yeah, Old Manus said it perfectly. The perfect ending requires 100%, and is the normal and good plus another scene after it, which is actually not an FMV, but in-game.
    I like Kung-Fu.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

all FFX-2 endings suck.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

You are going to be really bummed when you see the perfect ending.

But, if you want to try for it anyway, I'd switch sides. if you went with the Youth League before go with New yevon and vice versa. That might give you the points you need.

I got mad at the Prima walkthrough. I played the game, and then wanted to do a 100% 1 run game. So I followed the book word for word and only got 99%. So, quite fustrated, I played again and watched for what they did wrong.

Its the scene in the begining when you chase O'aka. It says in the book that you should try to catch O'aka before he runs away when you first meet him, but if you can't it's no big deal. Well, you DO have to catch him to get the %. I was peeved.

Also, did you watch all those video things? Some of them take quite a while.
    I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf
    all FFX-2 endings suck.
    Yer God Damn right!

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

you need 100%.

and whoever hates ffx-2 from now on admits he/she likes to lick Dirty Violins.....

I lick dirty violins.

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by v.e.n.o.m.
    I lick dirty violins.
    Sexy

Well thanks i think I know what i did wrong.....something in the comspheres. Damn things. I missed an entire bloody Episode Complete because of it. Thats the Kilika one. The comsphere at the temple crapped out so I couldn't talk with Barthello. At least I know there was nothing wrong with my game or anything......looks like I'll have to do my New Game Plus after all.
    Thanks to everyone for your help

By the way, I didnt know but there was something on this already in the IMPOTANT threads at the top of the X-2 forum......Sorry bout that. I should check those more often

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

:o I really hate those commspheres. I forgot you had to view them to get percentage xD

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

i just used an action replay...i didn't have the patience to get 100%

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Interesting thing to note about the 100!% perfect ending is that before getting to Zanarkand, Yuna and Tidus travelled back in time. The latter got blew up by a blitzball bomb .These are content from that infernal novel. Intense stuff.