Thread: Superman

Default Superman

I saw the trailer for the new movie while watching Kong.
    The original Supermans were the best Comic Book-Movies ever.
    Im looking forward to this, hope ut dosent ruin the reputation of the original...

Since Bryan Singer keeping close ties with Superman 1 and 2, I have high hopes for this. The Super-suit looks a bit cheesy, but aside from that the trailer was great.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Rain
    Since Bryan Singer keeping close ties with Superman 1 and 2, I have high hopes for this. The Super-suit looks a bit cheesy, but aside from that the trailer was great.
    I've got no problem with the costume aside from the S being waayyy too small.

I've got some pretty high hopes for this movie. Since I loved Brian Singers work on X-men I think he's someone who can definitely pull this off. I may be seeing Kong this weekend so hopefully the trailer is in there.

My only gripe (and it's a minor one) is that Superman is too small. The guy who was selected is like 6'1" and barely 200 lbs. I mean Superman was 6'5" and 260. Of course if they picked him for acting skills over physical prescence, I have no problems with that...but that remains to be seen.

I don't like superman and never will.

Have you ever watched or read Superman? The old movies with Christopher Reed (RIP) were fantasic and such a joy to watch. I also love Smallville and Im 50/50 about this cause to me, like the new Batman and Star Wars movies, they will be living in the oldies shadow.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    The old movies with Christopher Reed (RIP) were fantasic and such a joy to watch.
    I hope your not including Superman 3 & 4 in that when you say they were fantastic. I'd agree with the first two, but the rest were pretty horrible. Thankfully, Bryan Singer's ignoring them I believe.

They were all good, 3 and 4 still own places close to my heart......

Spot on. The Superman movies were ALL good, you cant be a true fan unless you love them all. Well, thats my opinion anyway.