View Poll Results: About how long did FFVII take you?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • About 15-20 hours . . .

9 19.15%
  • Around 40 hours . . .

19 40.43%
  • Days . . .

5 10.64%
  • Too long to count . . .

14 29.79%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long did VII take you?

Default How long did VII take you?

Hey! Just wondering, how long did FFVII take most of you to complete. In one of my Threads (Demon's Gate) someone said they had played thru over half of it in less than 5 hours, that's hard to believe . . . How long do you think it took you?

I got lost a lot of times so along time so about 50 hrs
    Last edited by Anniexo; 12-20-2005 at 11:49 AM.

I've put in about a whole month all together. Maybe a little more but thats a lot of hours. I remember doing it when not even looking. I just remembered where everything was and what I had to do. its hard to tell but I remember sitting down after the timer was at maxed out to like 99:59 and I still played for a good 2 years boosting my stats up all the way with sources.
    Last edited by chronic_Maniac; 12-20-2005 at 07:33 AM.

Thou shall not speak... Randgris's Avatar

Oops my bad...

Did it say for the first time? I beated the game for I think a month on my first time. (I can only play 5 hours a day cause my mum won't let me play for long cause my head's gonna hurt and I'm gonna puck...

Right now I'm replaying, my game timer is at 5 hours and I'm still outside Junon. I'm still trying to get EVERYONE'S Limit Level to 3. Aeris had Limit Level 3 before Cloud can. OMG!! Thanks to ChocoMog for that. Maybe I should try leveling her to 99 and see what her HP/MP would look like.

40 hours, but that was just play thru and complete. after that i went from my last save and got all secret stuff. that put my time to about 100 hrs !!!

Why do you imprison your saviour?

the first time around 40, but now with my "perfect edition, im still on disk one and ive clocked 50hours, .

My first game took me roughly 63 hours to finish. I did however spend about the last 20 hours of it leveling up in the Northern Cave, getting KotR and Omnislash, etc. I thought I had to level up that much to have any kind of chance at all against Safer Sephiroth. If I'd known that a single Omnislash would kill him quicker than it takes to get to the good part of One Winged Angel I could've finished it by hour 40!

In my current game I'm at hour 40 and right at the begining of disc 3. But I'm trying to get absolutely everything in the game (except Aeris' and Cait Sith's limit breaks, because Aeris dies before she can be useful and I hate Cait Sith that traitorous sonuvabitch), so I expect I might go up to 60 hours, or more.

I'm also going to beat Sephiroth sans KotR or Omnislash. They make it way too damn easy. Plus, you don't get to hear the good part of One Winged Angel

Reno's my man! <3 Fire_Emblem776's Avatar

i managed to get over 80 hours cause i wanted everything!

i started the day it came out.

i beat it for the first time last month.....
    I LIVE!!!!! AGAIN!

The first time i beat it was about 50 hours. The best I did was 38 hours getting everything.
    "Only death awaits you all, but do not fear. For is it through death that a new spirit energy is born. Soon, you will live again as a part of me." -Sephiroth

First time was around 35-40 hrs. With a few sidequests done such as knights of the round table.
    Takes around 28 hrs to beat nowadays, as I know what to do.
    Ive got a save file with 70 hrs on it. But that file has pretty much everything done on it....

I'm not really sure. The first time that I played, I was using the PC version, except that my disc was scratched and so I was stuck after the City of the Ancients.

Eventually, I managed a Playstation copy, and sat down and went through in probably a standard time; I didn't bother going through and trying to get everything.
    -Q

Default Still working on it!

I am still working on it. Trying to get the golden chocobo.
    Somebody's smoking in the bathroom
    You're Cid Highwind. You stick to your dreams and
    hopes to keep your promises. Many people would
    describe you as "white-trash" by the
    way you use your vocabulary. It's all in the
    first impression, and they don't know anything.
    You have a kind heart and always is surrounded
    by your friends. If things dont' go your way,
    you just go along with it. After people see who
    you really are, they'll regret the things
    they've said about you.

What Final Fantasy 7 Character Are You?
    brought to you by Quizilla

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

65 hours, every time.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

It takes me around 13 hours to beat now and days. Fastest time is still lower than that though. First time took me around 20 hours.

You people are SLOW!