Thread: Question about the Anthologies version of VI...

Default Question about the Anthologies version of VI...

I was just wondering if the Anthologies version of FFVI has any other bonus material aside from the FMVs and Bestiary, such as a re-translation, higher level of difficulty, etc. I have both the SNES and Anthologies version, but I'd rather not waste my time with the Anthologies version and it's ridiculous loading time if there aren't any big differences between the two versions. Thanks in advance.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Besides the FMVs and bestiary, there's also a coliseum list, storyboards, and a chart showing the percentage of your battles in which each character participated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Besides the FMVs and bestiary, there's also a coliseum list, storyboards, and a chart showing the percentage of your battles in which each character participated.
    Yuppers. The FMVs are beautiful. There are three: the opening, an ending that has a lot of the opera beautified, and a wonderful trailer with the vocal opera done in the background. That's enough to make me play through it. Well, I did anyway. That's how I unlocked them.
    "I'm a General, not some OPERA FLOOZY!"
    You wanna see my artwork?
    www.kawaiiranchan.deviantart.com

I'd say go for it. It's a little better, cheap, and for a different system. Why not?

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You can rip all of the extra content (except from the Coliseum list, the moster list and the battle percentages, of course) via special programs, and then play the SNES version. It's the best thing to do in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by KoShiatar
    You can rip all of the extra content (except from the Coliseum list, the moster list and the battle percentages, of course) via special programs, and then play the SNES version. It's the best thing to do in my opinion.
    ...but isn't that cheating/illegal?

Not that I'm gonna snitch.
    "I'm a General, not some OPERA FLOOZY!"
    You wanna see my artwork?
    www.kawaiiranchan.deviantart.com

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not if you own the original game. In that case, it's just considered as backing up what is yours.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Doesn't most instruction books say that backing up your games is illegal anyway?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've never read about that in any of my booklets. I might just have missed it or maybe the European law is different.

Quote Originally Posted by KoShiatar
    I've never read about that in any of my booklets. I might just have missed it or maybe the European law is different.
    If I remember correctly, and that's a BIG if.....I think the gaming industry started cracking down hard on ROMS and the like, stating that even if you own the original cartridge, emulation is a form of piracy and is not legal. But I could be WAY off the mark here. My memory isn't what it used to be.

Thanks to everyone for the comments. The only problem I had with the Anthologies version is the amount of time it takes to get into your menu screen. Granted, if I'd never played FFVI before, I probably wouldn't have noticed (which, for me, was the case with FFV. I'd never played the game until just now, and the loading time didn't bother me, probable because I'd never played a ROM or the original cart). The opening FMV was very cool.