Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brachioraidos is hard. :( (FFIV Advance - Spoilers abound)

you dont need a godly team whatsoever for beating him
    just hold down the a button for attack, and only bring guys back with life2 as needed
    i beat him with guys at less than level 60
    i think if you use magic spells, he uses his special ablilties. all he did was attack when i did it using my method

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

the brachioraidos floor is usually one of the last floors before zeromus EG.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    oh yeah, what does white ring do? most of the trial earned accesories give people a different option. (im guessing it changes pray or something?)
    It changes "Pray" into "Miracle". Instead of healing ~50 HP per party member, it heals ~250HP. It sucks.
    Sigless

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I read somewhere that after all the Trials theres some
    Mega-Ultra-Dynamo-Destrcuto Boss you have to fight.

I've never heard anyone mention it.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

That's because it's an easy boss fight.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I just defeated him, and after lots of trying I got lucky.

Just have Kain keep attacking, with Abel's Spear equipped, and hope that tornado will randomly happen.

I tried having Rydia cast tornado, but it never seemed to work. So Kain is your best bet there.

You get a Hero Shield for Cecil out of the deal, it's worth it.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

It changes "Pray" into "Miracle". Instead of healing ~50 HP per party member, it heals ~250HP. It sucks.
    It's also an esuna.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Um, does this guy exist in the original FF2 for SNES or the FF4 on the PSX? I don't recall him at all...
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

No, he's in the Lunar Dungeon, one of the extra dungeons for Advance.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by feioncastor
    Um, does this guy exist in the original FF2 for SNES or the FF4 on the PSX? I don't recall him at all...
    no, he's only in the game boy advance remake. he's one of the more difficult enemies in the secret dungeon. (well, unless you use the abel's lance )

and yeah, zeromus EG is pretty easy. (since he's japan's easy type zeromus, or something.) i just love glitching him up with the grimoires

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Me too, paralyze and mini, how pathetic.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

I've killed Brachy 11 times now.

The easiest way to take him out is, as mentioned previously, have Kain attack with his Abel's lance. If tornado is cast by the lance, it's a one hit knock out on Brachy.

Otherwise, he is a tough cookie. The first defeat took two tries at nearly thirty minutes each. I suggest using a party of Cecil, Kain, Edge, Rydia and Rosa (or Yang if you have a LOT of elixers/megalixers).

Cecil should attack with Ragnarok (lightbringer's holy spell will backfire on you once Brachy casts reflect).

Kain should attack with Abel's lance. Hopefully you'll hit the tornado spell for an easy kill. If the battle lasts long enough for Brachy to cast reflect, either switch Kain's lance to the Wyvern spear (for 9999 damage per hit) or start doing your jump/double jump to avoid the auto-spell.

Rydia should cast Flare when possible, switching to Bahamut after Brachy casts reflect. Use phoenix downs & elixers as necessary. Using Dragon (with the auto-blink on whole party) is nice, but Brachy's spells will quickly negate any point to blinking people. I've had better luck with flare/Bahamut.

Edge should dart Fuma Shurikens (or assassin daggers if you've got money to blow), also using phoenix downs and elixers as necessary.

Rosa should cast Holy when possible and cure or cast full-life when needed. If using Yang instead, use phoenix downs, elixers and megalixers when needed, attack when possible with the Hand of the Gods claw and either Dragon Claw or Holy Shield equipped (if you've defeated Brachy before).

After you do defeat Brachy, putting a Holy Shield on Yang instead of the Dragon Claw raises his agility and defense quite a bit. The shield is great for Rydia, Palom and Porom since it is the only shield they can use with their free hands. Equipping the Hero Shield on Kain (along with the Dragoon armor) will let Kain absorb fire, ice, lit and even Brachy's Glare spell. Kain and Rydia are nearly unstoppable once they have the Hero Shield equipped.

Default smart ass

Thanks for all that info. Its a pain in the ass to wait for kain to use tornado. Are giants gloves and glass mask good because i can't seem to get those treasures and can you learn goblin etc. summons. Look in the bestiary to know wat im talking about.
    Has anybody reach the lv. 99 yet im super close
    :rabite: :luigi: :mario:the day will come....................................(holding the suspense).......

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy
    You have to do it in PERFECTLY, which is a pain. No fights with the Metamorpha, and can't miss a person.
    This part is inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by bbomber72000
    It's also an Esuna.
    When it's an Esuna, it also heals an equivalent of casting Curaga on your entire party, instead of Cura.

Also, using Abel's Lance is not the only way to beat him (even though it is by far the easiest). I was one of the people insane enough to try beating with just Edward (Maxx Power did this first). If you have Apollo's Harp, it will do 9999 damage to him every turn. All you have to do is hide whenever he attacks you, as Glare, Firaga+Thundaga+Blizzaga, Mega Flare, and Flare+Holy+Bio will probably KO him in one hit.

I've beaten this enemy 4 times now with this method. After two failed attempts I noticed something with his attack patterns and found this to be an easy way to win.

Once you have done so much damage to it, the countdown starts and from there onwards he tends to only use the triple-magic attacks, so here's a trick I found. If you lose a party member, revive them immediately with only a phoenix down. Do not use an elixir or cure them in any way because the triple-magic attack will happen soon after and you will have just wasted the elixir/mp. So, instead just keep physically attacking and reviving with phoenix down asap. As long as you always have at least 4 people alive then this should work since that triple magic attack usually kills the other 3. I did this only with average level of 55 for the whole party the first time using this strategy.

It works with any given party for me, but here's what I use for attacks.

Cecil/Cid/Edward - Physical Attacks
    Rosa/Porom - Cast Holy, use reflect if needed
    Edge - Physical attacks or throw fuma shuriken
    Yang - Punch/Deadly
    Kain - Jump/Dbl Jump
    Rydia/Polom - Strong black magic attacks, reflect if needed
    Last edited by vm`; 03-05-2006 at 03:21 AM.