Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Party (holy crap I'm making an FF thread!)

Zidane - 'cause he's fast and can do good damage, especially with a powered up "thievery" skill. His steal can also be quite useful.

Eiko - Just for healing purposes.

Freya - Dragon Crest and other useful dragoon skills.

Amarant - just 'cause I like him

Zidane - Hmmm lets see.......you have to have him. He's for big attacks and stealing.

Amarant - Big attacks 2. Revive, Recover, Chakra and any of his usfull abilities.

Freya - More big attacks, Jump (just incase the enemy is a jerk and keeps wiping everyone out it'll miss Freya), Rei's Wind, White Draw.

Quina - Random attacks (50/50 chance of him/her dealing big hits), White Wind, Twister, Auto Life, Earthshake and anything else that deals big magik damage.

I find this party the most fun and challenging to use

Challenging? You've got three characters that have non-reducible 9,999 attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ForestOwl
    Challenging? You've got three characters that have non-reducible 9,999 attacks.
    Healing-wise is the chalenging part. White Wind dosn't really give much HP and Amarants skills can only be cast on a single character. For normal fights is easy but for bosses its pretty challenging.

I would change out Amarant for Zidane if I could.
    Then I would use Steiner, Freya, and Vivi.

1.dagger is my white mage.not because she is a white mage,but because she is a summoner,and a better one than eiko.eidolon trance rocks (IMO,much better than double white).i had auto-regen so i never really needed healing white magic.and i am th offensive guy,more or less.

2.zidane=main attacker.thievery at 9999.steiner and vivi complete the party.always a doomsday caster,my vivi.

3.i will never get zidane out of my party.no,not ever.quina is generally good,but her unpredictable normal attack turns me off.and her blue magic generally cost higher than they should,IMO (except frog drop,which is the cheapest sure 9999 with half-mp equipped).amarant's most useful skills are the defensive ones.good,but i just dont like being defensive.freya,IMO,is also more inclined on defensive skills (i.e. jump,reis' wind).she's got dragon crest though,so she isnt that bad.lastly,eiko is obviously inclined on defense and support (better white magic,carbuncle,phoenix).though she has holy and madeen,dagger's offensive skills are still much better IMO.
    "I'll tell you one thing... The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power. How can I describe it to you? The sly eagle hides its claws."
    -Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

if you have garnet, eiko, freya and amarant all with all of their abilities mastered there will be so much healing magic that the last stages of the game will be simple. garnet and eiko are WMs. freya has reis wind and amarant has chakra and aura.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Auto-regen has all the healing you need

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

You have to have Steiner and Vivi together. It'd be like taking a Fighter out into the wilderness without a weapon. They complement each other. Zidane is a given. I usually use Dagger for the White Mage slot, since Eiko annoys me immensly. If I had to put up with her through the final dungeon in my main party I think I would've lost it.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I usually use amarant as my healer. chakra=l33t.
    zidane is invaluable with his poweredup thievery
    steiner has some l33t abilities
    and freya can avoid attacks and be IN THE AIRDD

Mages:
    Vivi and Quina, hands down.
    Attackers:
    Zidane and Freya. Zidane=pure strength, Freya=JUMPmaNia

Zidane,Vivi,Steiner,Amarant/Garnet.

Haven't played IX in a few years but I used Amarant, Vivi, Zidane, and Quina.

Zidane
    Has the Ultima Weapon, can steal, and is just an all-around good character to use in my opinion.

Amarant
    He's a tank with his physical attacks and has good offensive, devensive, and supportive abilities.

Vivi
    He's awesome, as I need magic somewhere in my party since I don't use Eiko or Sarah. His Flares rock too, as I don't like Ultima since it hurts my guys too.

Quina
    I use him/her simply because of her Blue Magic abilities. I'm a freak when it comes to Enemy Skills, Blue Magic, Lancet, you name it. So when I found out Quina specializes in that, I used him/her ever since. Plus, I've caught the frogs, so Frog Drop (that's what it's called, right) does a very nice amount of damage.

Limit Glove with Quina makes late Disk 1 and early Disk 2 boss battles so easy, I love it

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Zidane - I like him, and his Trance rocks.

Steiner - Hits 9999 every time.

Freya - Hits 9999 every time.

Amarant - Hits 9999 every time, and his Monk techniques are useful.