Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Hearts: Christianity Influences

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem
    Biggs and Wedge have been in every FF since VII, and there are Biggs and Wedge in SW as well.

Ummm, aren't they in FFVI also?

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Paladin
    Ummm, aren't they in FFVI also?
    Yes, but I think that Biggs wasn't called Biggs in the original SNES version. So technically, FFVII was the first to feature both of them, as the translation wasn't fixed until the US FF: Anthologies.

Then again, it might have been Wedge that was wrong.. Can't remember.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Vicks and Wedge in the SNES version.

Biggs and wedge have NOTHING to do with KH please Keep on thread topic

The point is most Squenix games are based on a Judeo-Christian theme.
    Also if it is Ansem then that could be compared to the snake in the garden in Genesis of the bible. Leave it at that. If you people want me tell you all the themes then I will.

Blog Entries

Lyke... teh Balrog in da LotR got wings'nd stuff, so its liek a demon! And dem0ns r in teh bible cuz their teh bad guyz, lol! OMG! LotR is liek a total rip-off of teh bible!111111one :mog:

The hell did Ultima say . It looked like it said 8543 89itgyj
    Maybe it jus me.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    Lyke... teh Balrog in da LotR got wings'nd stuff, so its liek a demon! And dem0ns r in teh bible cuz their teh bad guyz, lol! OMG! LotR is liek a total rip-off of teh bible!111111one :mog:
    WARCRAFT TOO. DEMONS INVADING THE WORLD.

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

?

What's SW?
    Not meaning to be rude but..Sora! at least these people are not spamming unlike the quotes I have just put down. SuperMillionaire, those aren't posts. But, I am not a moderator, so I cannot tell you to stop it.

Sure enough, the game may seem to resemble Christian qualities, but there is no proof whatsoever to prove it actually is based on Christianity references.

It's like people seem to think The Lion the Witch and the Warddrobe had Christian references - it's a movie, and people seem to be obssessed with these little things.

Hmph.

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Sorel
    Not meaning to be rude but..Sora! at least these people are not spamming unlike the quotes I have just put down. SuperMillionaire, those aren't posts. But, I am not a moderator, so I cannot tell you to stop it.

Sure enough, the game may seem to resemble Christian qualities, but there is no proof whatsoever to prove it actually is based on Christianity references.

It's like people seem to think The Lion the Witch and the Warddrobe had Christian references - it's a movie, and people seem to be obssessed with these little things.

Hmph.
    What are you on about?

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

KH...Christian influences? Well...to be honest, KH reminds me of William Goldening's Lord of the Flies more than anything. Not only is it about the struggle of light and darkness, but also about their nature and where they came from.

Like said before demons are not the advent of Christianity and are present in many belief systems.

I thought the mysterious voice was Ansem at the beginning of the game. Also he is not a satanic figure. He is just your typical corrupted by avarice villian. His only crime was in his search of knowledge and truth.

*stares at SuperMillionaire* Did you pay attention to the KH game at all when it refered to the kingdom of hearts? Here is a recap of it. In the deppest of darkness we find the brightest of lights, therefore you had to travel through End World (A deep dark world) to arrive at the place of the brightest light. Ansem was trying to take over and corrupt the Kingdom of Hearts for then he would have the whole universe for it is the heart of all worlds. (Also all darkness is born of hearts, so in a paradox we find light in darkness and darkness in light. Almost giving the two as progenetors of the other--one cannot have light without darkness nor can darkness exist without light). So you go to seal the Heart of All worlds from the taintous touch of Ansem. So to compare the Kingdom of Hearts to Hell is quite ludicrous. Hell is either the whole brimestone and fire place of eternal torment or in a more modern perspective, life without God (for those who believe anyways). Neither descriptions are fit any aspect of the Kingdom of Hearts.

BTW Raphael Soral, Chronicles of Narnia are full with Christian allusions. The series is well known for it, so it is not surprising to find any in the movie. There are books upon books about the Christian symbolism in the series.

Do you think Riku did the same thing as Judas?

No, Riku is just a little rich kid who wanted too much to go to other worlds, and didn't think about what it would cost him.

And yes, "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" is known for it's Christian references. That isn't just people trying to point out a "connection" between random events and characters and what-not.

However, this is.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Riku also fell into Maleficent's hands, and he was shown to be rather naive and trusting in some cases. It wasn't a willful betrayal, like Judas. Riku thought Sora had betrayed HIM.

I have not seen christian scenes in KH I however am just stating again that Sqenix is well known for Judeo-Christian influences. Such as the story of FF4 is the story of saul who was evil then turned good by the light and changed his name to Paul which is when he Cecil turns into a paladin. This isnt wishful thinking its the truth. Also the chronicles was written with christian influence as apart of the original idea.