Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Hearts: Christianity Influences

Default Kingdom Hearts: Christianity Influences

Being a Roman Catholic Christian and playing Kingdom Hearts, I say that KH takes A LOT of influence from Christianity. Have you ever noticed that? One example may be that the "mysterious voice" that called out to Sora may actually have been the voice of God, in the fact that there are stories in the bible that have God's voice calling out to certain biblical figures, and saints, such as Moses and Joan of Arc, even though she wasn't in the bible, but nonetheless, that's the same thing that Sora went through. Another influence Kingdom Hearts takes from Christianity is "no matter how deep the darkness, a light shines within." Yet another influence is that Ansem is a reflection of Satan, the heartless are reflections of demons, and the Realm of Kingdom Hearts and the World of Chaos are somewhat similar to the concept of Hell. Namine also seems somewhat like a prophet, in the fact that she drew a place called Castle Oblivion, and Sora traveled there. Those are the Christianity influences that I could pick out. Can you see any more? And s this an interesting connection?
    Is that your final answer?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Stop projecting your wacky cultist ethos onto everything good hard-working atheists venture to create.

Sorry, but I found that discovery.

What are you on? I'm not christian none, but i know enough about it to know that what you said is ... i cant say this without swearing, so i wont ... but, really, its stupid

The battle of dark and light is universal and not exclusive to Christianity.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

Blog Entries

according to your logic, kh could represent ANY religion with a good force and a evil force, it could even represent budah (sorry i cant spell it) or taoism, as there is alot of stuff about light and darkness within

I know, but hey, God DID call down to people in the bible before...

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Behold the Void's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The bible isn't the only sacred text that involves that kind of an event. Hell, the Greek gods were talking to their adherents all the time. Does that mean it's Pagan?

Well, come to think of it, Zeus did cal down on Hercules...

The voices in my head talk to me on a regular basis. It's nothing new.

Besides, the mystrerious voice is most likely Mickey. And I won't even BEGIN to talk about my views of good and evil.

Hey.. I picked some of that up too. I also thought Sora sacrificing himself for Kairi reminded me of the whole crucifix thing you know...

aoki yasei wo daite
    embrace the untamed wilderness

Yes, sacrificing himself to save someone else. That's what Jesus Christ did during his crucifixion.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire
    Yes, sacrificing himself to save someone else. That's what Jesus Christ did during his crucifixion.
    Not exactly.. There's a difference between dying to save the souls of the world and dying to save your girlfriend.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

If you see this in Kingdom Hearts why dont you throw in a helluva lot of other games too. Most games follow this basic principle of Dark VS Light (Good VS Evil), myesterious voices that are there just to add suspense, and heartless in KH and monstes in other video games can also be classified as these "demons" you speak of.

There are similarities, but you seem to be looking in the wrong places. Oh, and people, TN worked on KH (who previously worked on FF) so . . . there's some religious references, considering that FF is built upon them . . .

The only one I think you hit on was the Light/Darkness thing . . . and here:

"A light shineth in darkness. And the darkness comprehendeth it not . . ."

But . . . that's a common theme, but a good one at that . . .