Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sephiroth is a cool guy and all but

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Sephiroth is a cool guy and all but

He's getting overrated. I believe that Nanaki is better and the best FFVII character. But here's the deali (XD). The only reason why I hate Sephiroth is because Square ruined his image. In FFVII he was this smurfing awesome kick ass son of a bitch who those the craziest things. But his appearance was cool. His clothes, his hair. Those two bangs he has are great. But then in KH he returns with an OK outfit but his hair sucked ass. Those bangs were just, I dunno, not good. Then there comes in FFVII:Advent Children. His hair is stupid because his bangs are leveled with the rest of his hair. He looked like he was 27. In FFVII he had this teenage appearance that he looks sweet and devious at the same time. So I think that Square screwed his image so there is why I don't like sephiroth as much as I used. What about you?? Why do you not like him as much as you used to??

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

His bangs in KH were totally faithful to his FFVII design.

Blog Entries

I just didn't like how his design was done in general...

EDIT:

http://www.ffcompendium.com/misc/khsephiroth.jpg
    http://www.freewebs.com/zacksama/Sephiroth.jpg
    http://home.nyc.rr.com/fumanchiu/Nad.../sephiroth.jpg

You may be right with that, but they're not too close. Look at it. And besides my main point is Sephy's teen appearance compared with his grown ass self appearance. But yeah. They're not too close to be the same...

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

sephiroth is screwed in the head. is my only reason for liking him less. at the start of ffvii he was shrouded in mystery and kills a few hundred people, which naturally you think is rad. then we see him in his glory days kicking some insane ass. then you find a giant snake skewered and it all looks good. but somewhere things go wrong and we see him for the smurfed in the head guy he is. he still kicks major ass and looks damn cool but hes as insane as they come. not very cool tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

he didn't look as good in kh

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

People seriously need to get over Sephiroth. He's completely over-hyped. He wasn't a bad ass rebel who made his own rules, he was a pawn. He wasn't anything interesting at all, really. He just has a huge sword, which seems to be all the matters these days. Oh well.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Impaling the giant serpent on a tree was what did it for me.

Blog Entries

Yeah man. You don't see to many guys running around stabbing smurfing anacondas with a mere tree...

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I liked him as a villain, and I thought the backstory of Final Fantasy VII was interesting, but nothing beyond that. Sure, a lot of people "overhype" Sephiroth, but a lot of other people "underhype" him because they hate the fact so many of the aforementioned people like him and not their preferred character.

I'd have to agree that his Advent Children look is screwed. The first image released of him was ok but the next.....hell it looked like Kefka with no face paint and grey hair.
    To me Sephiroth is pretty overrated any way you look at it. He had an interesting story but thats all that got me interested in him. His look was cool for a bit, but once I played the other games his look became, how should I put it, obsolete (sp). I still think his name is pretty cool though if that makes you feel any better
    As well as Sephiroth, I also find Cloud and Tifa very overrated aswell.

Banned

He is a pawn in some respects, but he still maintains his freedom of choice. That and he kills a whole lot of stuff. He kills nearly everyone and everything in Nibelheim, burns the place right the hell down, survives being thrown in the core of the Earth, uses projections of his will to infiltrate the core of Shinra's power and kill the president of the company, subsequently impales a twenty-five-foot snake on a tree without skipping a beat, is enough of an asshole to kill Aeris, almost destroys the whole goddamn planet just so he can give humanity the finger, and THEN comes back to life for round two. If he was any more kill-crazy, he'd be Scorpion challenging kittens to Mortal Kombat.

I preffered Rufus tbh.

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Quote Originally Posted by Azar
    I liked him as a villain, and I thought the backstory of Final Fantasy VII was interesting, but nothing beyond that. Sure, a lot of people "overhype" Sephiroth, but a lot of other people "underhype" him because they hate the fact so many of the aforementioned people like him and not their preferred character.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

I liked seph cause he stood up against odds most couldn't just to test things he wanted to destroy. I think he lets cloud beat him everytime though. I think JENOVA and seph may have a sceam in play no one has thought of yet.

Crash, you're saying Seph's a bad villian becuase his bangs were level with his head in AC? That's like saying X4 sucked because X looked sorta funny. And X4's the besterest I've played so far.

EDIT: And what made Nanaki so great? He was a freakin' dog.
    Last edited by Rengori; 12-22-2005 at 11:21 AM.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?