Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seymour Boss Fight

Also known as Pack Lackey Hell_Vangaurd's Avatar

Seymour Boss Fight

I recently got to the boss fight against Seymour/Anima and i'm stuck on it. I can get past the 2 guado guards and knock Seymour's health to half-way but he summons that Anima aeon and it keeps killing my characters. Can anyone provide a for-sure strategy on how to beat it?

Your summons overdrives are key. As for the guards they arent too big of a deal. I suggest you learn the Numb-Lock spells so that Seymours spells can not hurt you. (Every turn have Yuna use the different Num Locks) And for Anima you just have to use the Aeons overdrives and Anima will be done in no time.

What about Anima's overdrive? That and Pain is what really takes me down right off the bat. Every time I used my Aeon's overdrives, it only charged Anima's overdrive gauge faster because of the Boost thing it had enabled. I thought the Sinspawn Gui was tough. Huh-boy... Anima puts the fun in funeral in my opinon. Both my friend and I are stuck in the same area, and we cant get past Anima no matter what we do. We tried Valefor's overdrive, Vale got killed. Ifrit, got killed, Ixion, deader then a doornail. I don't know what to do against that Aeon...

Well you just got to make sure that the Aeon takes the attack on not your party or else you ll die. But the Aeons overdrivesmay increase Animas but it kills it quickly.

This isn't the worst of your worries. You will definetly Seymore boss fights.

..yeah, that was really smurfing lame.

nikotine. wow.

Shiva can and will necassarily beast on Anima. If you go down in the summon aeon screen it will say ?????, that's Shiva. I think other people assumed you knew but if you had you would have killed it already. If that isn't enough he'll be down to very little life. Her overdrives hit for 9999 if you're at all trained.

Then you fight Seymour alone with 6000 life and triple (or double, I forget) 1200+damage casts, nasty. So it's useful to get all your characters null to elements during the first and easiest fight. This way in the last you'll get a few safe turns to bomb him. Kimahri's stone breath overdrive will immediately knock out both allies, and Auron's shooting star can kill one. This fight shouldn't be very tough, you can also achieve heavy damage with Rikku limit breaks. One last hint is that at the top of the screen it will tell you the order Seymour casts spells. You can summon the element he'll cast next to get an extra turn to beast. And this is definitely enough already to destroy Seymour but using Rikku to toss up chocobo feathers for haste is always a help. Most of these strategy ideas I learned in the NSGIE game, but just using Shiva should be enough.

Anima has 18,000 life.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

Shivas Heavy Strike (forgot the name) takes a lot of damage by the way.

I don't know if I have Shiva or not because when I last checked my aeon list there wasn't anything that had the '?????' on it and I don't know exactly when, or even where, you get Shiva so yeah... I'm pretty pathetic when it comes to FFX. in FFVII i'm ok with the summons but for X, not that good... Meh. So I take it that Anima's main main weakness is the ice-attacks from shiva though right? O.o
    [leeza]Filesize limit is 50 kb. Please read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

You get an aeon when you pray to the faith which happens as you might notice right before the fight, you'll notice Tidus says something like "Yuna summon the new aeon."

EDIT: You necassarily have it.

Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

Yeah, just keep scrolling down in your Aeon listing. Should be there.

So she woulden't be listed right after the other 3? She'd be down a few notches or something then? From what I had last checked since I had rented the game I only had the 3; Valefor, Ifrit, and Ixion.
    [leeza]Filesize limit is 50 kb. Please read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

Hm...strange...

nikotine. wow.

As I said you only get it when she prays which is right before the fight.

And nikOtine, I surrender to your superior intellect, I shalt never question thy words again.

Heh, heh, heh

Blog Entries

It helps if you give a Yuna full overdrive bar before entering the battle, so the moment Anima comes you can summon Shiva in overdrive and use Diamond Dust.