Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bare classes = useful?

Default Bare classes = useful?

Explain to me how mastering a class can help a bare class. I thought using a bare class was only necessary at the beginning of the game

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Blog Entries

Bare Classes automatically gets all non-command abilities from all the jobs that you've mastered like, for example, "counter" when you've mastered Monk etc. Also, they can equip ANYTHING (even Ribbons, once they have mastered the Dancer class).

Better to have mimes though

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades
    Explain to me how mastering a class can help a bare class. I thought using a bare class was only necessary at the beginning of the game
    Ultima Shadow explained it pretty well, but think of a mastered Bare Class this way:

*It can equip ANY equipment!
    *It gains status bonuses from Jobs like Knight, Thief and Black Wizard
    (i.e. boosted strength, agility and magic power)

Also, prepare! - THIS is what a mastered Bare Class can use WITHOUT activating it in the Ability windows:

Cover
    Counter
    Passages
    Dash
    Caution
    Footwork
    Learning
    Magiwall
    Pre-Emptive
    2-Handed
    Sword Grab
    Medicine
    DmgFloor
    AntiTrap

I repeat: you WON'T have to equip these Abilities in the windows on a mastered Bare Class!
    Use them for two different Command Abilities instead!

This is why mastered Bare Classes rock!

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Mad
    Unless you've mastered mime.

Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Mad
    Why?

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

I didn't find Mimes to be any more useful than mastered Bare classes. The "Fight" command is not an option, making it hard to initiate physical attacks (unless you equip "!Sshot" or you counter an attack). Miming is nice, however, for repeating spells. Bare classes are a better bet, though.

it all depends. i had bartz/butz (i changed his name anyway) using black, white and time magic and basically not attacking at all, so i made him a mime, whereas Krile ended up being an awesome fighter, so she was bare. basically i say if you want the magic and don't mind an inability to fight or use items, send in the clowns! er, mimes.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

bares are the best for simply being able to equip everything. but mimes are good too. depends on what your character has equiped. A bare is better for a physical fighter, having the best armour and weapons equiped. But a mime would have to use its extra ability slot to equip eqsword etc to be an efficient physical fighter. so mimes are good for equipping lots of magic
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bare classes are one of the best to me...

mimes are for magic.melee fighters should use bare.
    "I'll tell you one thing... The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power. How can I describe it to you? The sly eagle hides its claws."
    -Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX

I used both, when i fought x-death at the end I used a couple of bare and a couple of mimes. And I had everyone with the $toss ability. It made very short work of the final boss having someone $toss and everyone else mimic.

Quote Originally Posted by yuno
    mimes are for magic.melee fighters should use bare.
    Interesting. I have to try that

Vaan - "Hey, you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades
    Interesting. I have to try that
    try it.fill the mime slots with magic.the advantage of bare is they can equip ANYTHING which means you do not need any "equip" abilities (equip sword,etc...).AND they have an innate 2-swords ability if you have already mastered the ninja.which means you can maximize their 2 ability slots.

EDIT/ADD:stat-wise,galuf/krile and reena are better magic users.bartz and faris are the physical characters.
    "I'll tell you one thing... The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power. How can I describe it to you? The sly eagle hides its claws."
    -Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yuno
    try it.fill the mime slots with magic.the advantage of bare is they can equip ANYTHING which means you do not need any "equip" abilities (equip sword,etc...).AND they have an innate 2-swords ability if you have already mastered the ninja.which means you can maximize their 2 ability slots.

take it further :P

A bare equiped with Sshot/X-fight and Time magic can cast Quick and use Sshot twice. 16 attacks with Braveblade and Ragnarok equiped is devestating.

A mime equiped with Redx2/X-magic, Time 6 and Summon can cast Bahamut-Quick-Bahamut-Bahamut-Mime for a total of five Bahamut summons in his or her turn
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes