Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Serenity on DVD

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    When Wash died I wanted to toss up my hands and yell "THAT'S IT!" and walk out of the theater. But of course I couldn't do that 'cause Firefly/Serenity is still awesome. Wash was my favorite character though.
    Yeah, I think a little part of me died right there in the theater. Book seemed a necessary evil, but Wash was just being cruel. Alas, the pains of good story-telling.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

See, I think the reason for Wash's death was that Book's death would've made very little emotional impact on audiences who have never seen Firefly. Whereas, with Wash, even newbies could have over the course of the movie, fallen in love with the character. And so his death obviously would have had the punch that Whedon was looking for. I got really choked up at Book's death, and with Wash, I was just in shock.

Whedon is a master at completely ripping your heart out through the foot.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

He's a bastard is what he is. *cries about it*

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    Whedon is a master at completely ripping your heart out through the foot.
    When the credits rolled, while being very satisfied with the movie, I was still very much close to tears.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

me too :{

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Me quatro. ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by mooglegirl608
    oh yeah and washes death was simply because the actor who played wash, well, his ego got to big.
    sad, huh.
    I'd love to know where you heard that, seeing as how Alan Tudyk is signed on for two more movies, just like everyone else. Not to mention the fact that Joss Whedon has stated multiple times that if a sequal is made, he'd want the entire cast to return in some form.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

How... how is Wash gonna return? Unless the sequels are gonna be prequels? Or is his character just gonna be used in flashbacks?

*shrugs* It's been speculated in different news and fan sites that Joss released his "ending" first, just in case he can't make three movies. Thus, prequels isn't entirely out of the question.

But in all actuallity, it could just mean flashbacks. Could be that there might have been a side-story arc for Zoe getting over Wash in future installments. Joss Whedon has been known to use flash backs to show deeper meaning or emotion.

Book, on the other hand, would almost definately be used in flashbacks to his past, as his backstory hasn't been revealed yet.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Did I miss somewhere that said they were signed on for two more movies? Where did you hear that?

The initial contract for each of Serenity's crew was for three movies. I didn't mean to make it sound like they were already going for another one. I'll find the article that mentions their contracts though. It'll just take me a sec.

EDIT: Found it. http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/572/572919p1.html

Series creator Joss Whedon and the film's backers are hoping to make spin-off movie Serenity the first part of a trilogy, as Nathan Fillion (Capt. Malcolm Reynolds) confirmed to About.com in a recent interview.

"If this first movie does well, we're all roped into a trilogy," said Fillion. "We all signed for a trilogy so if this first one does well, we're going to do two more."
    Last edited by Winter Nights; 01-06-2006 at 10:06 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's fine, I can wait until tomorrow to read it. I sleep now. <3

She says, one minute before my edit. xDD

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well if BJ goes to bed without me I don't get to read Calvin and Hobbes before I go to sleep so Ihad to go right then! xD

I expect a trilogy then. From the information I had, they exceeded their expectation on opening weekend by at least some small amount. So that's pretty good, eh?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not to mention it may do better with a sequel. People may see a sequel and remember they heard the first was great, go rent it, then see the new one. At least that's what I'm hoping for. As far as I'm concerned anyone who hasn't seen Serenity should be strapped in front of a TV with the DVD playing.

On another note, the local paper had some article on the top 10 underrated movies performances, and though I don't put much stock in top 10 lists generally, I was glad to see them tip their hat to Nathan Fillion, even if I think all the actors deserve some recognition for the job they did.