Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy 64

Default Final Fantasy 64

i was just wondering if anyone has any news and pics on this? I heard that when they decided to move over to PSOne, Final Fantasy 7 for the N64 was near completion, so it must exist somewhere...

also while browsing i found these....

Square did a FF6 demo for the N64. So Final Fantasy 7 might've ended up lookin glike that ^
    Sig removed for being over the 50 KB limits. Please PM a staff member if you have any questions.

Maybe a lot later because they have a lot of projects on their hand right now.

Sorry, perhaps i wasnt clear enough....i meant that does anything know more about it? Was FF64 supposed to be the FF7 we know now? I know why it was scrapped

Some screenshots/movies must exist of this "lost" game somewhere
    Sig removed for being over the 50 KB limits. Please PM a staff member if you have any questions.

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

y was it scraped

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

This was a tech demo, much like the FFVII tech demo for the PS3. It was never intended to be a full game. There's also a FFVIII tech demo for the PS2 somewhere.

Square did an FF6 tech demo for N64, just as they did an FF8 tech demo for PS2 and an FF7 tech demo for PS3. It really has nothing to do with whatever their plans were. Nintendo just paid them to show off.

EDIT: ForestOwl beat me to it.
    Last edited by Winter Nights; 12-24-2005 at 01:44 AM.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

But FF7 was in development for the N64 and was near completion.....

Square wanted to develop for a console that would run off of a CD, and the N64 did not, hence the cancellation. However, I’ve never heard that they got “near completion” for the N64; from what I understand, they abandoned the project quite early.

I think there was a thread about this a couple of years back in the FF6 section. No idea if it’s still there or not.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Considering FFVII began production for the PlayStation in 1995 and the N64 wasn't even released until late 1996, it is profoundly doubtful that a Final Fantasy game for the N64 was ever in development at all, much less "near completion." All that exists is that tech demo featuring a 3D FFVI.

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

wow...........damm

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Anyone else think that those pics look crappy, even for early N64?

Yeah. But then, so did the in-game graphics of FFVII.

Yes, but alot of the early N64 games had a similar style to FF7, but tended to be much smoother. That just looks like crap. Maybe, it's just me.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Sounds like you're afflicted with nostalgia. The polygon models found in early N64 games weren't nearly this complex.

I was never a huge fan of any game released for the N64. But I admit that it’s entirely possible that I’m misremembering the quality of early N64 graphics, as I haven’t touched anything released for that system in years. Then again, I never exactly jizzed my pants at the sight of N64 graphics in the first place.