Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: your thoughts on the soon to be blue mage class.

I'm excited about the new areas but not the new jobs.
    Can someone please explain (if you know) what a Blue mage is for and why in God's name do they look like they just came out of Agrabah?

[Aerithiku] - [Remora]
    [LJ] [Myspace] [Xanga]

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Maybey there more of a fundamental mage....

i was just thinking about BLU, and how easy it could become too powerful, i think that there would have to be quite a few limits to what moves it can use, for anyone who has done the promys, and compleated/failed PM2-3 then you know how deadly mortal ray is, if BLU could learn moves like this, you would see BLU soloing everything, because unless, mobs start to carry holy waters/cast cursna enough times within 10 seconds, they are dead
    Mr. is coming to get you!!!

FFXIV Character

0_o.

and if it could lean any "Ja" (Thundaja, Lifeja etc...) it would be an uber class...

ps: maybey they will suprise us with a furthered lvl cap and a nice array of third jobs, then this would all make more sense.

If you actually think SE is stupid enough to let you have those kinds of moves, i think you need to reaccess the situation..if you CAN have those moves it will be serverely nerfed so that it is balanced. There is the knowledge that it will be unbalanced at first like any game, but will be tweaked.

But no i dont think reaching lvl 80 is going to be any better...doesnt seem likely.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

blue mage has always used very specific monster spells, not just any spell that any mob can cast. Things like Lvl 5 petrify(from ahriman) we'll probably see. there'll probably be 30-40 very specific spells that SE decides BLU should have, as w/ every other blue mage from past games. What I want to know more, is what blu's 2 hr will be, and what its traits and abilities will be.
    also i'm curious if they'll get any other spells, like cure, stone...any of those weaker spells. They probably won't, so blu's gonna suck leveling up early levels. like a rdm w/ no spells lol
    and i absolutely love the way they look. can't wait to get blu af!!

Actually Dhalmel Healing Breeze sounds really good ^^ i hope they get that.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa
    ps: maybey they will suprise us with a furthered lvl cap and a nice array of third jobs, then this would all make more sense.
    Considering they made the Merit Point system, a higher level cap is very doubtful. >_>

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by lionx
    If you actually think SE is stupid enough to let you have those kinds of moves, i think you need to reaccess the situation..if you CAN have those moves it will be serverely nerfed so that it is balanced. There is the knowledge that it will be unbalanced at first like any game, but will be tweaked.

But no i dont think reaching lvl 80 is going to be any better...doesnt seem likely.
    level 120.

and 3rd job advancement please.

ovcourse there would be new quests and stuff..................

*goes to steal PiPs hair*

It's a shame that SE is describing Blue Mage as a frontlines battlemage with spells and skill with a scimitar. You know new Blue Mages will want to exp this way, and yet, you know, no matter how poorly it might work, FFXI society will force the Blue Mage into the back ranks. It's going to be Red Mage drama all over again. SE tries to make jobs fun, and society tries to make sure no job can have more fun than their job, and all havoc will break loose. Red Mages will be inspired to return to their rightful roots. Maybe this'll be a good thing after all. Fun>Efficiency. Maybe Blu will be a good sub for my Blm too. Can't have enough mage subs.
    Knock yourselves down.

However Efficientcy can equal fun...pretty sick when you have take 3 hours but get 5K exp >> However it is undoubtably true that a RDM in the backline overweight anything they can offer in front lines past 33 and even before i doubt.

Depending on how things are going, i still feel WHM is best sub...but it depends on how BLU is developed.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Yeah, I agree 110% that mages in the backline are the most efficient in a party. While I hold all of the unwritten rules of "cookie-cutterness" in disdain, often vocally, I follow said rules to a T. As far as subjobs for blue mage, I hadn't thought much on it. It really depends on how SE works its magic skill. There are two likely possibilities. One is a generic "Summoning Magic" coverall skill. Second is that each blue magic "spell" is classified Divine, Dark, Healing, Enhancing, or Elemental. If the first is the case, only Whm would be an acceptable sub, for the same reason that Smns only sub Whm. Healing magic isn't resistable. If Blue Magic uses standard magic classification like Rdm, Whm and Blm, then Blue Mage would have a subjob situation like a Rdm. Sometimes Whm would be best for Na spells and Erase. Sometimes Blm would be best for I guess Escape and Aspir. Rdm might even be a potent sub, with Fast Cast, a nice mix of nukes and cures (the only other job that could benefit from both parts of a rdm's arsenal), phalanx and such. I think /Rdm could possibly be the best enhancement of what it seems Blue Mage is aiming to be. Blue Mage and Red Mage are looking to be Kindred Spirits in a way, with Blue taking an offensive instead of support role.
    Knock yourselves down.

I just know blue mages are going to piss me off. It's going to probably degrade blm and/or rdm..

[Aerithiku] - [Remora]
    [LJ] [Myspace] [Xanga]

Pray tell how?

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Degrade Blm and Rdm? As in compete for our PT slots? I welcome it. I'm a career Blm myself. Once Rng was nerfed, Blm became the job of the month, and quite frankly, I want the damage-hunting-bandwagoneers out. I pray Blue Mage is powerful enough to steal the powergamers that only care about a fast ride to 75 and an active endgame against gods. The Rng nerf was the worst thing to happen to Blm and the best thing to happen to Rng.
    Knock yourselves down.