Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FINAL FANTASY fighting game

Quote Originally Posted by YunasLove
    Ehrgeiz
    Signature removed for exceeding the 250 pixel height limit (including text)

~Void

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by PramTheOracle
    Imp Vs Garland.
    Imp Vs. Bomb. XD

Tonberry Vs. Marbro

Spherimorph vs. Demonolith
    RUSKIES LIVES!

Sin vs. Vegnagun. AWOSME!!

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

I think it would be difficult to portray a FF fighting game because of the mages, like how is Garnet supposed to fight?! If there was one it would be called Final Fantasy Ultimate Brawl Sprawl.

Yellow Winged Angel

flan vs. dorito

yuripa vs tifa, aeris, yuffie

Offline/Online

Edward vs Relm

A match to shake the heavens!

Quote Originally Posted by SummonerYuna
    Sin vs. Vegnagun. AWOSME!!
    A game like this could be fun but within a SSB context (what it would probably work best in as it's simple, fun and wouldn't be bogged down with a sad attempt at connecting stories) having Sin or Vegnagun would make no sense. People sized characters work much better. I also don't like an overload of characters but that's personal preference. I'd want a distinctive style to everyone chosen, while having popular choices for fanfare. Here's what I at least would pick.

Fast, speedy type: Zidane probably with his thiefness or maybe Rikku
    Black Mage: Probably Vivi, but another possibility might be Lulu
    Summoner: Rydia would definitely work well in this role though perhaps a summoner is impractical in such a game, so she could be better fit for black mage, always a possibility.
    The basic warrior type: Would probably be taken over by the popularity of Cloud, but I think if they did something cool with Squall's gunblade he could also be an option.
    Fanfare would probably add two very popular enemies Kefka and Sephiroth, and hopefully Kuja too.
    Yuffie would have a move similar to Link's boomerang while being a much faster and therefore probably more fun character to use.
    Every FF type game needs a Cid, so I'd choose FF7's because it perfectly takes the needed role of dragoon.
    I haven't picked out a long range type, so I'd pick Wakka
    And for wierd classes, Edward, Relm, Cait Sith.

I missed some good characters but they usually don't have distinctive fighting styles. Auron while awesome is a) dead and b) impractical due to being the standard powerful sword (katana, but it doesn't look like one) based fighter.

Zidane, Vivi, Rydia, Cloud, Squall, Kefka, Kuja, Sephiroth, Yuffie, Cid (FFVII), Irvine, Edward, Relm, Cait Sith, Wakka.

Zidane would have fast moves with a strong a-button mash (excellent for infinity combos against walls). He would be mainly normal attacked based and his b-button attacks I'm not sure about. He'd be easy to throw.

Vivi would be able to shoot fire and would probably be able to reflect long ranged attacks with his down-b. His close range would be weaker and he'd also be easy to throw. His largest advantage would come from powerful long attacks.

Rydia would have reasonable speed but would as the others have been, would be easy to throw. She would have some magic for normal-b and probably use a random summon with up-b. It would have a bit of charge time but would be reasonably powerful.

Cloud would be heavy but with a good jump (as we see in AC), he'd be very hard to knock off and would have standard link-like a-button moves. His b-button might use some materia but it probably wouldn't be hims main fighting style. A hard to knock off good fighter.

Squall would be easier to knock off then Cloud but would have the edge of having possible long range moves with his gunblade, as well as a very strong (and no slower then the normal attack) power-a, which would be like using R1. Similar fighter, probably can't take as much (I think he can but otherwise he'd be far superior to Cloud) but has other advantages.

Kefka would have very strong magic and some other nasty stuff. Of course his most useful move would be his taunt, which would clearly be a maniacal laugh.

Kuja would be similar to Kefka so perhaps both aren't great, but maybe a Mario and Luigi like team that's highly difficult.

Sephiroth would be a great combo of magic and physical strength. He was quite built up in most departments but I'd say his greatest weakness would be being light.

Yuffie would use her boomerang type weapon for fun to use long range attacks and would be very quick and light. She'd probably be the type I like to use, as the quick are very fun once you get good.

Cid's dragoon-ness would give him an insane jump, and he'd also be pretty heavy with strong attacks and longer range with a-button moves due to wielding a spear. His weakness would come in being slow and not having much longer range (a highwind type move does not seem practical).

Wakka's style seems self explanatory, he's have reasonable weight and jump, and would fight longer range with quick long moves and weaker close up.

Edward would beast on everyone, and would be the hero of the game.

Relm... well they'd figure that out.

Cait Sith would throw dice long range and punch them close. His long range would have very uneven damage and would come out much like Yoshi's egg (a move that in certain situations can be incredibly fun to annoy opponents with). Cait Sith would be slowish and very light.

Anyone agree with me?

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

I agree with you, raskerino.

Although, i'd replace Cid with a more solid "Dragoon" type character like Kain and Freya (perhaps add both, but making Freya lighter and Kain heavier). The others are spot on, especially Edward ownage.

But then the game would lack a Cid which would be a travesty. I would have liked to toss in Kain as I think FFIV is the best FF of the FFI-FFVI era, but the game needed a Cid. Now on to arena ideas, it would probably be 3D to the level of modern engines but I love the 2D of SSB so I'll pretend that's what would happen, and arenas would probably be stolen from different FF points. I'd think they'd probably take heavily from FFT, because the areas in that seem most adaptable to arenas using different styles. (This also brings me to another character- Boco the Chocobo, light very quick with a Choco Meteor type move, maybe a down-b from above and a choco ball as a mario type shot for b-button.)

The final ship in FFT, The curve on each end makes it harder to knock someone off. The masts could allow for various platforms. And finally it would probably be a large arena.

A screen from the northern crater in FFVII with different levels to jump from and caves that would work as teleports (they don't change, I don't think randomness there would work) to other cave entrances if you press say... down on one. Not a wide level but the multitude of platforms give it height. Another point like this would be the doors when you chase the guy in the Temple of the Ancients.

The world of time compression could allow for a small ever changing field, maybe platforms of odd shapes would come for 30 seconds or so and then go away. A much harder to program but ever changing field.

I don't know, fields are harder to come up with, perhaps generic fields with distinct character based styles. The northern crater could be Sephiroth or Cloud, the world of time compression would be Squall. And oops... I didn't include any FFT characters but I don't think they'd fit into original roles. Though possibly with the multitude of classes something would work, just a character name of "generic bard" would be terrible.

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

there must also be joke weapons and joke characters
    like Moogle,chocobo,moomba........Omaga weapon ^^

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

PuPu will win.

Banned

This idea ain't half bad. Not only do you have a ton of characters people love, you've also got nearly ready-made game modes and event matches. For characters, I'd imagine Cloud with his normal set of swings, plus Blade Beam, Climhazzard, and a downgraded Omnislash as sword techniques with Meteorain as a ranged strike. Squall's finishing moves for Renzokuken could easily serve as his techniques; Rough Divide, Fated Circle (basically like Link's whirling blade), Blasting Zone, and Lionheart (downgraded like Omnislash) are already in place. Sephiroth has some of the techniques afforded to him by Kingdom Hearts and Advent Children, while Seifer could use No Mercy and three original moves. Vivi's special moves would of course have to be magic spells; Shield, Comet (done in a style similar to Pikachu's thunderbolt), Bolt, and a chargeable Fire attack should do nicely. Zidane has his Trance techniques, and Tidus and Auron have overdrives that can be put to use, with Tidus possessing Blitzball-derived techniques as well as typical sword fighting. Yuffie would be interesting to see, and Vincent could fulfill the role of a character with an alternate form; he's got three of them ready-made, and a gun for his fourth move. Sabin could be a weaponless fighter; his Blitzes are usable as techniques, and so are the limit breaks of Tifa and Zell. Barret could show up as a heavier character equipped with several different types of guns, much like Samus; a machine gun, a laser cannon, a rocket launcher, and a stun weapon would do nicely for him. Freya has an excellent selection of techniques; Dragon's Crest kicks all ass and allowed me to beat IX with a woefully underpowered party. If we wanted a lighter character like the Pokemon, Cait Sith or Mog could work, with gambling paraphernalia serving as Cait Sith's techniques and Mog's dances and hovering ability working for him. Yuna could only really be a playable fighter if she were equipped with the special moves of her Aeons; their actual presence would imbalance the game unless she simply called forth their special attacks, like in the previous Final Fantasy games. Meteor Strike, Aerospark, Heavenly Strike, and Impulse ought to cover it for her; she's afforded Impulse rather than Valefor's Sonic Wings simply because she's one of the lightest and most easily damaged players.

Adventure Mode would be hard to work, considering the sheer length of most FF games. But there'd be no shortage of arenas; Midgar, Ajit, Junon, Balamb Garden, Ultimecia Castle, Kefka's Tower, Terra, the ruined Zanarkand, the list goes on. Event matches are also readily available, due to the numerous character rivalries, the bevy of weapons and items, and notorious epic bosses present in the series.