Thread: Bleach Zanpakuto (Spoilers 'n such)

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Bleach Zanpakuto (Spoilers 'n such)

As you might be able to see, I'm stretching these threads out a bit so as to not flood this forum, as I might otherwise do.

In any event, this time the discussion is based around the Zanpakuto that appear in the anime Bleach.

Personally, I like Hitsugaya's Shikai a lot. The water/ice dragon was really cool, and it was absolutely devestating when used. While his Bankai is interesting, it's a bit dissappointing as I've never seen him actually beat anybody while using it, which makes it seem a lot less powerful than it probably is.

Yamamoto's looks to be extremely powerful, and I would like to see more of it. I imagine it could do quite a bit of interesting things.

I also find myself more than a little disappointed with Ichigo's zanpakuto. While Zangetsu himself is an interesting character when he appears, and Tensa Zangetsu is a really cool looking katana, the fact that it is generally a heavily martial based zanpakuto with no real ability besides the Getsuga Tenshou attack (which in and of itself is kind of overdone with samurai in general) leaves much to be desired. However, were he to learn more attacks with it, I might easily change my mind.

Renji's Zabimaru is another Zanpakuto that I really like, both in its Shikai and Bankai forms. While you see him on the losing end many times, it's a brutal Zanpakuto that I hope will see a lot more victory later on.

There are other good Zanpakuto of course, like Kisuke's, Momo's, and Rukia's. What do you all like?

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I would like to see what the two double sword soul slayers can do. I forgot their names but the are the captians of the 8th and 13th squads. Coughing guy and Scruffy dude.

I think Hitsugaya and Renji's bankais look incredibly cool and i'm also quite disappointed that they haven't really been able to beat anybody using them.
    As powerful as Ichigo's bankai is, I find it just really dull since there's really nothing too special about it other than extra power. The whole "come in to save someone just in the nick of time" thing he keeps doing is really annoying me too -_-;;. Anyway since i'm just repeating what you posted, i'll just answer the question at hand...

I absolutely love the bald dude's (his name has escaped me) bankai, it's by far my favourite due to it's sheer power and just how awesome it looks. However, i'd also like to see the dual sword users' bankais too.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Kyouraku and Ukitake are the dual-wielders, and Ikkaku is the bald guy, all of whom I rather like.

Really, I want to see Gin and Aizen's Bankai. Given how powerful Aizen ALREADY is, the idea of his Bankai is absolutely terrifying.

Hitsugaya's is awesome, but it would be nice to see him beat someone with it =/

I like Momo's Shikai as well Kisuke's Shikai looks pretty nice, too.

I'd love to see Yoruichi's, too, just out of curiousity.

Thanks, i'm very bad with names when it comes to Bleach =S.

I would absolutely love to see Aizen's bankai, I hope it's something really interesting instead of just a simple power upgrade
    Gin's should be quite cool too, considering how awesome his Zanpakuto already is.

EDIT: Just finished reading 210, looks like our wishes may come true.
    Last edited by Suikojowy; 12-31-2005 at 09:04 PM.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

honestly, these dbz style sword power-ups bore the crap out of me and i miss when the story used to concentrate on character interactions

that being said ichigo's was cool in the manga

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Old Man Yamamoto is my fav. Pure fiery might that reduce all creations to ashes!! This elderly make my day anytime!

And the buffed scarred body is hawt.