Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Challenges Official Thread

As an addition to the aforementioned FFIV challenge, refrain from using Magic/Summons or Spell-inducing items.

I started this, but eventually became bored of leveling and only using Attack. That's the problem with most challenges, they just get boring after a while.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9
    dude, you lost all respect in my book.
    Just because they haven't done it, and what makes them the best? I've done alot of challenges, I just don't go around on this forum telling everyone. I've probably done all the ones they have, or at least most of em. I've beaten each game more ways and times than I can even remember.

Stop being judgemental, and why would you ask people for challenges if you're not going to take them unless Ultima or Necro has done it, wouldn't that make this thread pointless?

THE JACKAL
    I couldn't possibly agree more.

Seriously, crash... the fact that I'm known to be a challenge-freak doesn't mean that others can't do what I've managed to do. For example, Trumpet Thief has done most of my challenges... but we discussed them trough PM most of the time, which means nobody really got to know about all of TT's accomplishments.

Besides, I have yet to show any proofs that I've actually done all these challenges. I'll try to make some videos in the near future, if possible, though. But so far, I don't have any actual "proof". So there's no reason for anyone to not belive ljkkjlcm9 when he says that he have completed the game only using the counter materia. It's a completely possible challenge, so I really don't see the problem. I'd never do that challenge myself, though, since it (no offense to ljkkjlcm9) sounds pretty boring to only be able to defeat enemies by counter-attacking.

Of course, I like to call myself "teh 0ber r0x0rz" whenever I've done something that no one else around here have managed to do. And I DO like to laugh at people who belives, for example, that Omega Weapon in FFVIII and Sephiroth in KH are impossible. But the fact that I easily can beat these guys while some other people can't beat them at all doesn't mean that I'm better at these games than everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rase
    As an addition to the aforementioned FFIV challenge, refrain from using Magic/Summons or Spell-inducing items.

I started this, but eventually became bored of leveling and only using Attack. That's the problem with most challenges, they just get boring after a while.
    Yeah, that's why you shouldn't ban the use of Magic and Summons. Being able to use magic makes the challenge much easier, but atleast you won't be bored to death. And as long as you don't power-level, you should be at a big enough dissadvantage to make it a really tough challenge. The point with making challenges is to make them fun and challenging, not just challenging. That's why the FFVIII challange is one of my fav challenges even though it's the second easiest. It was so fun to play FFVIII as a pretty hard game for once, without ruining all the fun in the game by only allowing normal Attacks and Limmitbreaks, which would have made it really, really boring.

Final note: I love challenges, but the reason I'm known for this is not because I'm "the best", but rather because I love to tell people about my accomplishments and brag about them.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 12-30-2005 at 12:51 PM.

FFIX's No Equipment Challenge. Not as ahrd as Lv1 Ozma, but hey, in this one you can't even SEE Ozma without dying. xD

FFVIII's No Guardian Force Challenge. No GF at all. Abandon them in a asylum. XD

FFIX's No Sphere Grid Challenge. And all of its variants. Remember, No Sphere Grid/Initial Equipment/No Customization is almost impossible (I mean, did you see Sanctuary Kepper's fight at Necro's thread? O_O), and it does get impossible in Seymour Omnis, as Necronopticous discovered.
    Quote Originally Posted by yours truly
    Rinoa Heartilly & Squall Leonheart = Isabella Swan & Edward Cullen.

Don't try and argue with it. You know it's true. =O

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

ffv with only one selected job per character which you cannot change throughout the entire game. if you want a job which doesnt appear until the fourth crystal, that character should remain a bare until then. Second abilities can be added but remember you are learning only one class so theres no mixing abilities with other classes. Samurai's are forbidden

or just for fun you can do quick fun challenges which are not designed for a lot of thought. Beating x-death with only physical attacks, a team of white mages, a team of blue mages or if you like a team of dancers or chemists
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

dude, you lost all respect in my book.
    Just because they haven't done it, and what makes them the best? I've done alot of challenges, I just don't go around on this forum telling everyone. I've probably done all the ones they have, or at least most of em. I've beaten each game more ways and times than I can even remember.

Stop being judgemental, and why would you ask people for challenges if you're not going to take them unless Ultima or Necro has done it, wouldn't that make this thread pointless?

THE JACKAL
    It's not my problem you won't spread your talent. And maybe I am being a little too naive but they have done more then you can imagine. And I would add that challenge but it's too hard for the average amount of players...

FFIX: get the Excalibur II

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Prophecy.Crash..
    It's not my problem you won't spread your talent. And maybe I am being a little too naive but they have done more then you can imagine. And I would add that challenge but it's too hard for the average amount of players...
    it's really not hard at all, probably easier than others, just kinda boring like Ultima said, but i have the game on my laptop and can play and do other things at the same time, the main reason I have done it

It's not about spreading my talent, how does telling everyone here make me anymore talented? I just don't talk about it to everyone on the forum, but all my real friends interested in FF know what i've done, and that's typically enough. I've gotten all sorts of nicknames from them, mainly when it comes to games in general it's Coinmaster (referring to arcades, but they mean games in general) So remember, just because everyone here doesn't talk about what they've done, doesn't mean they haven't done a lot.

THE JACKEL

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Prophecy.Crash..

Yes. People should try to spread their talents through any possible means from threads making to PMs/email/spams...etc so that the world will know. Thanks for pointing it out.

Blog Entries

it's really not hard at all, probably easier than others, just kinda boring like Ultima said, but i have the game on my laptop and can play and do other things at the same time, the main reason I have done it
    Yeah but you sure that's not too boring??

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas

Yes. People should try to spread their talents through any possible means from threads making to PMs/email/spams...etc so that the world will know. Thanks for pointing it out.

And its not even 100% talent. Most of these challenges consist of pure dumb luck and patience in order to complete them. I mean, how much talent does it take to complete this challenge from FFVII?

No Materia, IE, No Items, Solo. None, since all you can do is push the X button. I guess you can count patience as a talent.

Anyway, personally I find challenges to be pointless. I used to do these things all the time when I was younger, now I see them as time of my life wasted.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mage FF1
    And its not even 100% talent. Most of these challenges consist of pure dumb luck and patience in order to complete them. I mean, how much talent does it take to complete this challenge from FFVII?

No Materia, IE, No Items, Solo. None, since all you can do is push the X button. I guess you can count patience as a talent.

Anyway, personally I find challenges to be pointless. I used to do these things all the time when I was younger, now I see them as time of my life wasted.

the point of a challenge is to enjoy it. it certainly was pointless if you didn't enjoy them. and tbh i think you picked the wrong challenges if you didnt enjoy them
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mage FF1
    No one ever mentioned "no items". Without items, the challange would be completely pointless... and it probably wouldn't be possible to beat this challange without the use of items anyways.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

FFVIII Challenge: play the game without the 'draw' or 'magic' command. you may use 'card' and 'card mod(only from monster cards'), with the result of cards being refined into magic or items to be used under the 'item' command. Junctioning is disallowed on the left hand side of the junction screen, (str,hp,vit,mag,spr). however luck, evade, speed and hit are available. weapon refineing is allowed also.
    heres the obsticales; finish game without the use of a g/f(excluding odin),
    no other commands can be used other than 'item'(other than Card), such examples like (mad rush, revive, recover).
    'The End' is not allowed, nor is Selphies limit break, as that deals magic from a cast and not from a stone or item.
    Elemental and status junctioning is disallowed.
    You cannot put abilities such as mag+20 or spr+20 into the gf ability list, however you can put in abilities such as spd+20(and all other add-ons that are only on the right side.)
    last but not least, you have to run from every battle, excluding boss fights obviously, and you can donate your hard earned AP to such things as Diablos's Enc-None etc.
    Keep in mind that limit breaks such as Quistis's Blue Magic can use various magic to help you out, Irvines ammo, rinoas angelo etc.
    everything else is allowed.
    i haven't tried another challenge so i dunno if this ranks as being hard or easy in terms of how difficult challenges go around here.

Str8 Pimpin'

Quote Originally Posted by shinangel2292
    the point of a challenge is to enjoy it. it certainly was pointless if you didn't enjoy them. and tbh i think you picked the wrong challenges if you didnt enjoy them

I dont see whats so fun about running from pretty much every fight (LLG). Or limiting yourself to only pushing the X button. They added the magic system, summon system, item system, etc. To the game for a reason. Without it the games are pretty boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    No one ever mentioned "no items". Without items, the challange would be completely pointless... and it probably wouldn't be possible to beat this challange without the use of items anyways.

I was just using it as an example. If you go over to the gamefaqs message boards, there are probably people who claim to have completed this.

Blog Entries

Anyone know any good FFX-2 challenges??