Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Challenges Official Thread

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Final Fantasy Challenges Official Thread

Give me the FF challeges you know and I'll list them here with the objective and all. People can come by from time to time and try the challenges themsleves and they can use this as like a little cattolog. If there are FF games that are not here but you know a challenge of then just post it and I'll edit this. I might even try these myself but those will be in other threads. Thank you come again...

Final Fantasy
    One Class Party Beat the game with a party of all characters of one class.
    Single Character Challenge Kill all of your party members except for one. Through out the whole game do not revive your dead party members and finish the game with that one left character.
    Final Fantasy II Beginner Challenge FF2 Keep initial equipment through out the whole game and try to be as low on stats as possible. How? Run from all battles when possible...
    Final Fantasy III Mini Challenge Keep all of your characters stats at mini through out the whole game. Warning; This challenge is extremely limited.
    Onion Knight Challenge Finish the game with all of your characters class set to Onion Knight.
    Set Class Challenge Beat the first part of the game then when you have your starter classes, change them to which ever way you want and never change them through out the whole game. This is a challenge to prevent boredism.
    Solo Challenge Finish the game with one character. They may be whatever class and may change.
    Final Fantasy IV Initial Weapon Challenge Beat the game with no equipment other then the initial weapon.
    Solo Cecil Challenge Finish the game with the character 'Cecil'. You may not use the other characters other then to kill themselves.
    Final Fantasy V No Equipment Challenge Unequip your characters. No 2 special abilities selected. Never the use of the ability "X-Fight". Samurai class is banned in this challenge. Side note; Bonus challenge is to defeat Shin-ryu and Omega this same way.
    Bare Class Challenge Finish the game with the starting class/job (The Bare class).
    Final Fantasy VI Beginner Challenge FF6 Bassically through out the whole game use initial equipment with the use of espers banned.
    Low-Level Challenge Beat this game in the lowest levels possible. Tip; Try running from every battle when possible.
    Final Fantasy VII Beginner Challenge FF7/ SCIENM Mode Beat the game with only one character. How? Kill the others. Finish the game with initial equipment. Also the use of materia is not allowed.
    Khaotic's Challenge Finish the game without using any materia other than 'Enemy Skill'. Cannot upgrade weapons, accesories, etc. Stay with initial equipment.
    Low-Level Challenge Run from every battle possible and finish the game at the lowest level possible.
    Final Fantasy VIII Ultimate Test Beat the game while using initial weapons. No card refining allowed. You are not allowed to draw from foes, for magic or GF's. You may draw from draw points, but only draw points. NO junctions are allowed, other than commands. Selphie's limit "The End" is banned. Side note; Bonus challenge is defeating Ultima Weapon and Omega Weapon through these rules.
    Final Fantasy IX Level 1 Ozma Challenge Defeat Ozma while all of your characters at level one. Tips; This is done by running away from enemis or by petrifying/ stopping enemies. They will give you no EXP this way, just AP.
    Final Fantasy X NSGIENC Finish the game with the use of no square grid, Initial equipment & no custimization. (Whatever the hell that means)
    Final Fantasy X-2 IDS Challenge Finish the game with all of the characters set with their initial dress sphere.
    Last edited by crashNUMBERS; 01-02-2006 at 06:46 PM.

There are tons of challenges on the gamefaqs site. I can't direct link them, but they're pretty easy to find.

Blog Entries

Shut up and tell me the ones you know..

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Prophecy.Crash..
    Shut up and tell me the ones you know..
    See now you've hurt my feelings and I don't want to.

FFI: All characters of one class. Example: All White Mages.
    FFV: Beginning class the entire game.
    FFVI: Beat WoR with just Celes, Edgar and Setzer.
    FFVII: No materia.
    FFVIII: Fight with only GFs.
    FFIX: Fight Ozma with a level 1 party.

FFVIII - no junction
    Signature removed for exceeding the 250 pixel height limit (including text)

~Void

Blog Entries

Come on!! I know there's more then that!! Gimme that hardcore [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]!!

beat me on a ff game-now thats a challenge

Blog Entries

FFIV:
    This is very simpel. As soon as the game begin, unequip everything but the weapons. Now, beat the games without armour, helmet, accesory and sheild. Also you won't change the weapons, the characters will have their start weapons.

FFV:
    1) Unequipp all your characters and NEVER equip them again. No armours, no weapons and no relic’s trough the whole game.
    2) The "ability" command in the menu that allows you to equip 2 special abilities to your characters is not allowed to be used trough the whole game. Thanks to the ability thing, you're allowed to have a knight equiped with black mage spells etc. However... since it's not allowed you'll have to be a black mage to use black magic, be a blue mage to be able to use blue magic etc. Also, you won't be able to equip abilities like X-Fight. Also, the Samurai class is banned because of “Gil Toss” which can make some battles far too easy.

Also, beating Shinryuu and Omega this way is an insanely hard bonus challange.

FFVI:
    A pretty cool challenge is beating the game with initial equipment and no espers.

An even better and more challenging way, however, is the low-level FFVI challange where you beat the game at the lowest possible level. Necro made a thread about this challange a looooooooooong time ago. If want all the details on how to do this, search for and find that thread.

FFVII:
    Solo character, initial equipment and no materia, nuff said.

Also, beating Emerald and/or Ruby without Materia is a fun "one battle only" challange. And no... extreme amounts of powerup-sources should NOT be used on your characters before doing this challange.

FFVIII:
    All characters may only use their initial weapons trough the whole game. Cards are not allowed to be refined into items and you are not allowed to draw from enemies or bosses (neither GF's or Magic). You are only allowed to draw from drawpoints. And finally... you are only allowed to junction "Command Abilities" such as "mad rush", "darkside", "magic", items" and "GF's" etc. All other forms of junctioning are banned. No magic junctioning to boost stats and not even those 20%str and Auto-protect things are allowed. Only commands.

Also, beating Ultima Weapon and Omega Weapon this way is a super cool and hard bonus challenge.

note: "The End" is obiviously banned.

FFIX:
    Level 1 Ozma is strongly recomended. Look at Nik's thread for details if you need.

FFX:
    Ask Necronopticous... because he got the by far coolest FFX challange ever.

I got no challanges for FFI, FFII and FFIII since I've never felt like replaying FFI, never felt like replaying FFII and never ever played FFIII at all.

Hardest game challange: FFVI low-level. Necro's FFX challange is probably even tougher, though. I STILL haven't tried it out. There's always some other game that I'll have to play trough that's getting in the way, and my next challange which I'll start on right after the SSBM tourney, will be a Xenosaga challange. Oh well... SOMEDAY I WILL DO YOUR FFX CHALLANGE, NECRO!!!

Easiest game challange: FFV no equipment and no abilities.

Hardest singel battle challange: FFV challange VS Shinryuu, hands down. It even beats no materia Ruby.

Easiest singel battle challange: No materia VS Emerald Weapon.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 12-29-2005 at 11:25 PM.

THESE are my favorite ones

FFI- single character (any enemy that can paralyze you, means you're screwed)
    FFII- Run from all regular battles, don't buy anything
    FFIII- Play mini the entire time.... basically magic only and considering it's so limited
    FFIV- All the stuff that's been said, plus all attackers must be in back row, and magic users in front row
    FFV- No jobs
    FFVI- Beating the game with the 3 characters
    FFVII- Play with one character til you get the counter attack materia, that is the only materia you can use, you may not use the attack command after you get the materia!
    FFVIII- No GFs so no junctions

Those are the only games I've really done challenges

THE JACKEL

Blog Entries

Ok, I will only add good challenges but no challenge that is too limited. Like FFVII, counter attack. I will only add that if Ultima Shadow completes it...

Ok, I will only add good challenges but no challenge that is too limited. Like FFVII, counter attack. I will only add that if Ultima Shadow completes it...
    why ultima shadow... I did it

THE JACKEL

Blog Entries

I need proof. Ultima Shaow or Necro. They're the best...

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Is this thread dedicated to the two of them????

dude, you lost all respect in my book.
    Just because they haven't done it, and what makes them the best? I've done alot of challenges, I just don't go around on this forum telling everyone. I've probably done all the ones they have, or at least most of em. I've beaten each game more ways and times than I can even remember.

Stop being judgemental, and why would you ask people for challenges if you're not going to take them unless Ultima or Necro has done it, wouldn't that make this thread pointless?

THE JACKEL