Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: FF1 Parties

Nulli Secundus Primus Inter Pares's Avatar

and we PARTIED LIKE IT WAS FINAL FANTAYS NINE!

But yeah, Fighter, Black Mage, White Mage and Either a Thief or Black Belt.
    :joey:

I dont like Black Belts or Red Mages. Black Belts have no magic and Red Mages always suffer later in the game. I tried an all Black Mage party one time and couldnt beat the Marsh Cave.....

My Party
    Warrior, Black Mage, White Mage, Thief

cant go wrong with:

fighter
    red mage
    white mage
    black mage

only 1 flaw to this party
    (SPOILER)theyre very expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.black mage and watch
    cant go wrong with:

fighter
    red mage
    white mage
    black mage

only 1 flaw to this party
    (SPOILER)theyre very expensive
    Yeah, this is my favorite party too. I go with this one all the time. :]

Meh, IMO the Black Mages and White Mages suck. So my party usually consists of Fi/Th/BB/Rm. All characters are strong and have a purpose. And its really a lot of fun to use.

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

Fighter, Red Mage, White Mage, and Black Mage.

RedMAGEs are terrible later, they're Strength stops killing enemies in blow and their higher-level magic... ARUB and ICE3, Not even CUR4 or EXIT...

Quote Originally Posted by FlareNUKE
    RedMAGEs are terrible later, they're Strength stops killing enemies in blow and their higher-level magic... ARUB and ICE3, Not even CUR4 or EXIT...

Their attack power is godly when compared to the Black Mages and White Mages. And so what if it is not that great at the end? They are great throughout most of the game. Unlike the Wm/Bm, when the Rm runs out of magic, he can still be usefull.

the best party is One fighter, One Red Mage, other two dead. Because they level up faster, the redmage can take out large groups of enemies and still fight and live, the fighter becomes a powerhouse faster due to the 2 times exp, plus if one becomes paralyzed you still have the other (because getting paralyzed is the only thing that kills a single person party). Oh, and the two dead people make great weapon and armor storage for those magic casting items.

THE JACKEL

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9
    the best party is One fighter, One Red Mage, other two dead. Because they level up faster, the redmage can take out large groups of enemies and still fight and live, the fighter becomes a powerhouse faster due to the 2 times exp, plus if one becomes paralyzed you still have the other (because getting paralyzed is the only thing that kills a single person party). Oh, and the two dead people make great weapon and armor storage for those magic casting items.

THE JACKAL
    thats accualy a good party (applaudes)

Fighter, two different kind of mages (most of the times, one of them is a Red Mage. After class change, they are teh pwnz. I don't need any stinkin' Flare/Holy to own all) and a Thief. I plan on kicking Fighter/Thief to put a Monk; I've never really used one.
    Last edited by Alexander; 01-01-2006 at 11:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by yours truly
    Rinoa Heartilly & Squall Leonheart = Isabella Swan & Edward Cullen.

Don't try and argue with it. You know it's true. =O

Default I beat the original game at level 13

I used 2 fighters and 2 red mages. If anyone has beat it at a lower level using a different party let me know. Although I dont think it is possible. I have gotton to chaos at level 12 only one time and it was impossible to beat him at that level but again i was using 2 fighters and 2 red mages. You need the fast spell. Now on the new game for gba it is impossible to do it at such levels so I will try different combinations and see what is the best team to use for that as well. I did reach lich at level 7 but it was impossible to beat him my hits did no damage and his wiped me out with one or two hits. I managed to get to tiamat at level 18 but again it was a waste of time trying to beat him. Levels go up way to fast in this one and the each level up doesnt really add all that much to the stats. So far I am thinking that the red mage may not be all that great in this one.

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah man!! I was at this one party where Fighter got drunk from too much potions which I don't understand because he should have like maximum defense, so he started flipping coins with his head, and then black mage was doing fake circus tricks, like blowing fire out of his mouth to impress white mage while she was out looking for some tea at a beer party and the black belt was doing tumbo rolls back and forth around the floor until he puked. Then came Thief who playing darts with knives and accidently stabbed Red mage, but red mage was like laughing and stuff. So it was kind of awkward...
    Last edited by crashNUMBERS; 01-07-2006 at 04:21 PM.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut, King of Dragons
    I'm surprised that there isn't a thread for this already.
    What are your favorite parties to use for FF1?
    I like to use 4 black belts because I'm a masochist.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://ff1.classicgaming.gamespy.com/parties.shtml
    Black Belt, Black Belt, Black Belt, Black Belt

Strong Points: Good offense, cheap
    Weak Points: Lack of defensive strength, lack of magic, incredibly un-fun, ugliness of the Black Belts, smelliness of the Black Belts, worthlessness of the Black Belts
    Rating:
    -43/10

(Yes, I've finally been worn down by the COUNTLESS emails from disgruntled Black Belt lovers. I think I've gotten over 100 emails so far (no, I'm not exaggerating) So I've changed my -43/10 rating to something a bit higher.)

7-4-02 Changed my mind... back to -43 it goes.

If you like Black Belts I guess this is an OK party. It is cheap, I give it that. You'll need that money for the thousands of gallons of heal potions you'll go through during this game. Also plan to become a regular at the local Clinic. You'll be able to fight OK though, once you get to Elfland and you can start using your fists; before then, you just have to pray. But for the whole game, the BBs' defense sucks, big time. BBs have no magic, so they can't heal themselves, and they also can't use magic to kill large groups of enemies, and they can't run as well as thieves; in other words, you get to stand around and look dumb while monsters use your party for target practice. So be prepared to drag a couple corpses around with you 90% of the game. If by some chance you manage to make it to class change with this party, well, you get a huge reward of NOTHING, because BBs don't get anything from class change. But on the bright side, your sprite becomes uglier. Wait... sorry, that's not a bright side. There is no bright side to this party. You'll probably find that you depsperately need the magic-casting items you get later in the game, but those don't make up for the pitiful lack of magic in this party. I think I'd rather take a party of four elderly groundhogs than take a party of four BB's, to be honest.

PS: I DO NOT OWN THAT SITE.
    I used fighter, white mage, black mage and a thief.

Fighter, 3 White Mages or Black Mage, 3 White Mages. Works out fine