Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

Thread: FF1 Parties

Single thief. :P (no class change)

My personal challenge for a while now. Haven't had access to my save for a while though, so no playing for me.

IMO, it's the hardest possible team, dunno if it's even possible really, still on Astos (lvl. 27 or so).
    <----Old Fogey

Fighter, Bl. belt, Red Mage, and Fighter.

Fighter, Monk, White Mage, and Black Mage.

The only thing that makes me mad about that party is the lack of armour for Monk, WM, and BM....constant healing galore!

My first party(NES)was:
    Fighter
    Black Belt
    White Mage
    Black Mage

My second party(WSC)was:
    Fighter
    Thief(I hate thiefs)
    White Mage
    black Mage

My opinion on the Fighter/?/White Mage/Black Mage (assuming you want a diverse party):

Fighter/Red Mage/White Mage/Black Mage = Best early game party

Fighter/Black Belt/White Mage/Black Mage = Best mid-game party

Knight/Ninja/White Wizard/Black Wizard = Best late game party
    Bonus: the only party that can use every weapon, armor, and spell in the game.

Fi/Fi/BB/BM really is the best powerhouse party for the NES. If you have two fighters you don't need a healer cuz you never run out of hit points, your party is really cheap (one fighter gets good armor, the other gets the hand-me-downs), BB doesn't need healing cuz he's all the way in the 3 spot, and BM clears out packs of enemies with FIR3 any time you need it (ice cave) and most importantly casts FAST. By the time he FASTs everyone, the boss is dead. Battles also go much quicker with three heavy hitters, so the enemy doesn't really hit you. So, no need for a healer.

Besides, why use a character spot for something a potion can do just as effectively?

with that party, you'll easily beat the game well before your BW ever levels high enough to even cast nuke, much less need it.

Quote Originally Posted by vaanhalen View Post
    Fi/Fi/BB/BM really is the best powerhouse party for the NES. If you have two fighters you don't need a healer cuz you never run out of hit points, your party is really cheap (one fighter gets good armor, the other gets the hand-me-downs), BB doesn't need healing cuz he's all the way in the 3 spot, and BM clears out packs of enemies with FIR3 any time you need it (ice cave) and most importantly casts FAST. By the time he FASTs everyone, the boss is dead. Battles also go much quicker with three heavy hitters, so the enemy doesn't really hit you. So, no need for a healer.

Besides, why use a character spot for something a potion can do just as effectively?

with that party, you'll easily beat the game well before your BW ever levels high enough to even cast nuke, much less need it.
    You may as well have taken a Red Mage instead of the Black Mage. They can learn all the field-clearing spells, they can use decent enough weapons and can even cast FAST on themselves and be useful for it. And then just in case, they can learn LIFE after the class change.

yeah, you're completely right. I even tried subbing a ninja for the mage one time, but it was too tedious pre-class change. As for the BM party, I was probably enticed by nuke (which i never had to use, actually, cuz the game was over before he levelled enough to even use it), though, and the black mage has more magic points and learns spells at an earlier level, and with this party you can race through the game really fast, so knowing more FASTs and FIR2s at a low level is nice. Red mage attack would be a serious step up, but, honestly, with two fighters and a master, no fight lasts longer than a round or two.

F, M (BB), BM, WM.

2nd slot is variable.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Please do not revive dead threads. Feel free to, instead, post a new thread on the topic.

Signature by rubah. I think.