Thread: Cinemas

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Cinemas

When you see certain age groups at the cinema seeing the same people you're seeing, does it worry you? What type of things annoy you when you're at the cinema? Any cinema stories?

So, I went to see Memoirs of a Geisha today (excellent movie, by the way) and when we go on, the room I was in was filled with old people! I think I was the only person under 30 in the room besides one other girl around my age. Everyone else looked about 50-70. This worried me a bit. But at least there were no little kids running around, screaming, with blinkie shoes. I guess no Mom would want to bring their young child to a movie about geishas. Yessss.

The only thing that really bugs me are dumb teenagers screaming through the movie if there are other people besides themselves in the cinema, and little kids running around with terrible manners, and their parents not doing anything. I also dislike the serial shushers, because they scare me. The serial shushers are the people who scream "SSSSSSH!!!" if you make even the slightest noise. Those two groups are the two extremes of the cinema viewers. I find there is a spectrum.

[Serial Shushers]--------[Normal Viewers]---------[Annoying Talkers/Cell Phone Users/Annoying Children]

When I went to see Batman Begins a few months ago, there was the guy in there who looked and acted like the real life version of the Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons. He was part serial shusher, but mostly unleashed nerd fury. He was quite loud and obnoxious before the movie. When the movie started, he was quiet though. Some kid was making noise, and then he turns around and yells "CALM YOURSELF! RELAX! BE QUIET AND ENJOY THE MOVIE!!!" and the Mom is so shocked she didn't even say anything. He was scary.

This was entirely too long.
    Last edited by Rye; 12-30-2005 at 02:28 AM.

i hate serial shushers too

There are many people with weird hair cuts. lol!!

and little kids are annoying!!especially my 2 year old sister!!!

I don't bother going to cinemas anymore, I just wait until one of my friends buys the movie on a pirated dvd (because i'm cheap and paranoid) and watch it at their house.

Serial Shushers and Annoying Townies are the worst.
    Bloody chavs

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Oh! There was this time, me and some of my friends were at the cinema seeing Lord of the Rings: Whatever it was. And we were sitting near the back, chatting as we'd already seen the movie at least once. And, there was this old lady sitting in front of us, she kept glaring at us for talking. We were particularly loud at one point, she turned around and said 'Some of us are trying to watch the movie!'. I swear, I was close to hysterics. Me and my friend purposely made more noise, loud choking noises, and when she looked at us, we turned around and shook our head at the people in the row behind us. It was the best time I've had in the cinema, ever. But, maybe it was a 'You had to be there' moment?

But, anyway, the people like that lady in my tale, they're the most annoying, but the funniest to be around.

(SPOILER)Rye is dirty!

I have yet to encounter a serial shusher. Tall people who sit directly in front of me when there are so many other seats around that they could sit on. Then they block my veiw - that's annoying. Why do they pick the shortest person to sit in front of? Oh and those thirteen year old teenagers in the cinema who can't be quiet to save their life throughout the movie. Trying to be cool by making lots of noise.

But then, I throw popcorn at people. Also, I can be just as annoying with friends when we decide to laugh at all the sad bits in a movie. But that happens rarely. Extreme boredom.

Old people annoy me full stop. You could sneeze and they'd give you the evils like you were playing a trumpet in their ear.

Blog Entries

We have this one theater here in Tampa that has an area that's 21 and up only. You play three dollars more for a ticket but, you get free popcorn, bigger, more comfortable seats and they'll serve you alcohol. I don't like going to any other theaters anymore. I actually got to see Harry Potter the first night it came out with so sugared up 10 year olds. It was great.

The true Fenrir Cloud_omnislash_Strife's Avatar

luckily where I am there are not to many people in the cinemas.

The truth is there.....

Uck. I work at a smurfing movie theater. You name them, I've seen them... And I hate all of 'em.

We had a lot of annoying teens in Exorcism of Emily Rose... So bad, that I got to sit in the theater in a flash light, and every time someone got annoying... I shined the light on them and told 'em to shut up.

I'm also notorious for getting kids kicked out -- I can't stand people ruining movies.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Me and my siblings went to see Chronicles of Narnia and we were like commenting on how it was so much like WoW and we were being quiet about it with whispers so we weren't loud. And Being as it was a semi kids movie the annoying kids with blinking shoes were there. See we were nice and were quiet about our comments yet other people were like "OH my gosh look at that lion it's so big!!!!" The whole movie. I mean we could have been shouting our comments, "Look flightpath." Or "Oh her range must not be far enough." or "Oh look Tauren!"

Grr i hate LOUD commenters and annoying blinking lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye
    When you see certain age groups at the cinema seeing the same people you're seeing, does it worry you?
    I don't go to the cinemas to see people, but whatever floats your boat.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The first time I went to see Napolean Dynamite there was a group of teenagers behind us just being so obnoxious I could not believe it. I wanted to drag them out by their ears. They got kicked out though.

And when we went to see the midnight showing of Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King there was a woman behind us who just kept asking stupid questions to her date. BJ turned around and glared at her but she did not shut up.

I hate annoying people at the movies. Anyone can go to the movies, I don't care how old or how ugly they are, as long as they shut the hell up. Unless it's a kiddie movie. If little kids talk during kiddie movies it doesn't bother me.

I went to see Fun with Dick and Jane.
    There were only old people there.
    Which worried me frankly.

Tôi đói.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, when I went to see Memoirs of a Geisha the other day, I was the only kid in there too.

The only thing that annoys me is peope who talk a lot, or scream. I hate screamers.
    --Box Box Box Box