Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zelda withdraws

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default Zelda withdraws

Ok I really really REALLY want to play Legend Of Zelda: Orcarina Of Time. I want to play it so bad that i'm dreaming about it. I loved this game. Well my 64 is broken and i don't want to by a whole new system to play the revamped version (gamecube edtion). Any one know if there's a mod of it for my computer? If so i would greatly appreciate the help.
    Then Again i might just get the Game cube to get LoZ:OoT-Windwaker
    But if you guys could help me without me having to waste lots of money then yeah thanks.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

youll want it now, but once you get to play it.... i donno, something about bores you.

its happen to me with a few games.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah your proabably right but i can still find out anyways. Mabye i should get a game cube so i can have all the 3d zeldas and then wait for TP to come out. I just don't want to waste money on a system that i don't find has very good games. Cept' if i get it i'll have all the game consles for this gen.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Well, if using a keyboard doesn't bother you, use a P2P client, and download Project 64 and a LoZ:OoT ROM. Just to let you know, that's an emulator and a ROM, and that's....potentially illegal, but if it doesn't bother you, download away. XD

Blog Entries

Using an emulator somehow takes out all the fun. I tried using an emulator, and it just didn't feel right. Recently I got the GC version with the collectors edition, and though the same game, had that weird touch that makes me want to play it. (Plus it comes with 3 other Zelda Games.)

However, the collectors edition is somewhat hard to find. I would suggest going to www.funcoland.com. It will re-direct you to the main companies site, and you can find out how many stores run by the company have it in stock, how many they have in stock, the location of the store, etc.

If you already have a N64 controller, just buy a USB port for the computer for your N64 controller, download Project64 and OoT and start playing. Ta da.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

A couple of points:

I own the Collector's Edition for the Gamecube. To be honest, I've seen it in many, many shops, and you can pick it up off eBay for a reasonable price. Then again, you can pick up N64 consoles from eBay for a very reasonable price, too.

The only major downside to the Gamecube versions of OoT and MM is that the Gamecube controller doesn't support the games very well (in my opinion). Movement can be somewhat tricky, and aiming with your slingshot and fairy bow can be near impossible at times. Example: in the N64 version, I can beat the rupee challenge in Hyrule Market/Kakariko Village no problem. Heck, I completed it the very first time I tried after a three year Zelda hiatus. The Gamecube controls make these challenges so difficult that it took me over an hour just to earn my extra arrows.

If you take my advice, you'll purchase a cheap Nintendo 64 from eBay (or some other reputable second hand shop) and play your OoT on that. You'll have more fun, and you'll tear less of your hear out.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

I'm going to have to agree with Rainecloud here. I've seen working, good-condition N64 in shops selling for as little as $20. Granted, this is stirctly hardware, no cables or controllers, but if you have those left over from your old one, it should be fine. If not, it'll probably only cost $10-$15 bucks more, if that. And eBay is a great place to get things like that, as long as you've got a seller with lots of positive feedback.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lekana
    Yeah your proabably right but i can still find out anyways. Mabye i should get a game cube so i can have all the 3d zeldas and then wait for TP to come out. I just don't want to waste money on a system that i don't find has very good games. Cept' if i get it i'll have all the game consles for this gen.
    a new one is like $20 and if u buy the games its another 10, so pretend ur getting a new game

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Yeah, the aimer is so bloody sensitive....one mistake sends you sprawling across the screen.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Giga Guess
    Yeah, the aimer is so bloody sensitive....one mistake sends you sprawling across the screen.
    You try completing the Water Temple with a Gamecube controller. It's so damned annoying. Then again, the Water Temple is annoying anyway. The GC controller just complicates things unnecessarily.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Uhmmmm....acually that's how I play OoT. The first time playing it to boot... So there!

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Giga Guess
    Uhmmmm....acually that's how I play OoT. The first time playing it to boot... So there!
    Congratufreakinlations.

You must be a hard-thumbed gamer.

Get a Gamecube and try to hunt down the OoT/OoT Master Quest disc (we have one at the Blockbuster I work at for five dollars so it shouldn't be too hard to find, we used to have two but then I bought it because I rock), Wind Waker, and the Zelda Collection's Edition (the one with Zelda, Zelda II, OoT, and MM). While you're at it, get Minish Cap for your GBA. Four Swords Adventures is great, but only if you have friends. And I highly recommend the Oracle games for GBC as well.

Also, about the GC controller and OoT. It does create some problems, but I don't know what everyone's talking about. The Water Temple isn't the problem, the horseback archery is really the only time you'll ever notice the difference between the N64 controller and the GC one. Man, it's SO much harder with the GC controller it's almost ridiculous. But I still managed to get a perfect, it just took longer. So don't worry about it, you'll be fine.
    No.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Thanks guys i think i'll get it for my computer and just buy a usb port, it'd probably be the cheapest way. See i had Links Awakening but i lent it to a friends when i was little and then i moved and never got it back. My 64 is broken and missing a power cord but i have OoT. I had Oracle of ages & seasons. Plus i don't have enough money for a gamecube and the games i don't have a job >.< Because i don't have a car to get to a job and i live in the middle of nowhere so i have to bum rides form my brother.
    Thank you all of you for aiding my addiction.