Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy X-3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Moon
    I want to see if Rikku and Gippal had something togter, I want to know more about Paine, And I want to see what Yuna is up too.

there was a picture here

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus
    Offline/Online

Quote Originally Posted by Earith
    FFX-3 s a failed cause, leave it at that. I bet the only reason X-2 had so many hits was because peopledidn't know it was a timed game. <.<
    I use to say that too about the game, but ever since I bought it I have totally changed my mind and took my words back. If FFX-2 is a failure as a game because of missions, gameplay or even storyline than don't bother playing FFXII or any other future games of SquareEnix.

E nydran bmyo Vehym Vyhdyco Q-3 Yho tyo
    E bnyo dryd ed femm lusa uid
    Offline/Online

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Sa duu!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri
    Bah!

Just don't buy it, you are allowed to do that you know ?

Let us FFX and FFX2 fans have some fun!!!

You know, it's probably the FFX fans that are the most against FFX-3

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by MetaphysicalManifestation
    You know, it's probably the FFX fans that are the most against FFX-3
    I meant sentimental fans who want more Spira based games.

The rest can buy KH or FFXII or whatever!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

Yeah, fans that like a good deep storyline with interesting and worthwhile gameplay, that's FFX fans.

FFX-2 was a poor sequel because it lacked a DECENT storyline. If it had one, instead of having Yuna whinging about Tidus or being obsessed with him, then I would have liked it more.

Sentimental fans? Whats that got to do with it?

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

Sentimentalism is what persuaded Square to make X-2. It was a Spira game. It wasnt another FF in other world, it was the same one. To make it so different, sentimental fans (probably like Raphael Sorel) considered this paramount to treachary. It ruined thier idea of Spira.
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Number
    It ruined thier idea of Spira.
    I think you're missing the point as to what people dislike about FFX-2. People almost never look upon the depth that FFX-2 added to Spira’s history as a negative; in fact it is probably what they praise the game for most (after perhaps the non-linear gameplay and fast-paced battle system). The biggest issue that most people have with the game is how they chose to execute it.
    Last edited by MetaphysicalManifestation; 01-22-2006 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaphysicalManifestation
    I think your missing the point as to what people dislike about FFX-2. People almost never look upon the depth that FFX-2 added to Spira’s history as a negative; in fact it is probably what they praise the game for most (after perhaps the non-linear gameplay and past-pacedbattle system). The biggest issue that most people have with the game is how they chose to execute it.
    Yes, X-2 had the potential to be a great game, but its execution was aweful...

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I thought it is something like "Legend Of Mana" when I first play it....but turned out to be something else.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Aurons Ghost
    Yes, X-2 had the potential to be a great game, but its execution was aweful...

how so?

Its story explained deeply if you had bothered to research through the games easter-egg rewards.

its challenging, and makes a very good level grinder.

battles are fast paced (REMEMBER THAT ALL YOU FFX FANBOYS!, JUST CAUSE FFX BATTLES TOOK LONGER, ITS BECAUSE THEY HAD A SLOWER BATTLE SYSTEM (ctb for FFX, [a]atb for X-2)!) and the combat system is fun to learn and master.

the new characters all have a part in the story where you get to bond with the characters thoughts, feelings and persona.

some of the music is up-beat (not all of it, like a majority of you FFX-2 haters like to think) and it also is complimented by beautifull orchestral composions/remixes.

... this does not come without its cons ovcourse (for example... some of the FFX voice actors)

length is'nt really an issue due to its replayability.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa
    Its story explained deeply if you had bothered to research through the games easter-egg rewards.
    Actually, I like the many sub plots. For example, the development in regards to the Ronso and Guado attitudes towards each other and themselves is impressive and one of my favourite sub plots of the game.

battles are fast paced (REMEMBER THAT ALL YOU FFX FANBOYS!, JUST CAUSE FFX BATTLES TOOK LONGER, ITS BECAUSE THEY HAD A SLOWER BATTLE SYSTEM (ctb for FFX, [a]atb for X-2)!) and the combat system is fun to learn and master.
    I also liked the battle system. It annoyed me at times when I killed something while someone else was casting... but it was a fun battle system

some of the music is up-beat (not all of it, like a majority of you FFX-2 haters like to think) and it also is complimented by beautifull orchestral composions/remixes.
    The music is, for the most part, very good. 1000 words, the orchestral version is one of the best tracks in FF I have ever heard, but there are downsides to the ost...

... this does not come without its cons ovcourse (for example... some of the FFX voice actors)

If you just play the story missions, then it can be too short, but fortunately the non-linear nature of X-2, and many sub plots help make each game different.

Perhaps aweful was too strong a word, and I do like this game. I'm not a hater as you claim. I just feel that this game was too "up beat" compared to X, but this is merely a personal preference...

EDIT: Also, many of the points in the next few posts I agree with...
    Last edited by Little Blue; 01-22-2006 at 05:19 PM.

how so?

Once again, hardly anyone complains about the depth that was added to the game in terms of the plot.
    I disagree here. Making most of the game ridiculously easy and then adding one uber dungeon isn’t my idea of ‘challenging’.
    Yep, as I said originally no one ever complains about the battle system.
    the new characters all have a part in the story where you get to bond with the characters thoughts, feelings and persona.
    Yeah, except the characters that get the most screen time during the game range from incredibly irritating (Rikku, Yuna, Brother, LeBlanc etc.) to superfluous and rather dull (Lenne, Shuyin)
    Agreed. Apart from 1000 Words (which is the epiphany of everything terrible) the music is generally enjoyable.
    Yes….and:

1. The main cast is unbalanced. It’s all well and good for Rikku to act like a 14 year old (characters like Nene in Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 does this rather successfully) but when Yuna and even Paine start to act this way it’s almost painful to watch. That whole ‘let’s hi-five each other when I say something cool’ caused me to cringe every time…

2. The script is filled with tremendously lame jokes. None of them are funny, at all.

3. Shuyin fails dismally as an antagonist. They didn’t even give him a decent character design. Maybe they would have been better off with ditching Tidus’ VA and going for someone who can actually portray a villain…

4. You have to do some ridiculous crap to get 100%. You practically NEED a walkthrough to pick up on some of it.

5. They REALLY should have thought of a better reason to bring Tidus back -_-
    Ironically if it wasn’t for New Game Plus, this would have been the least likely FF game that I would ever consider playing again.

While this game probably has more pro’s than it has cons, these negatives really make this game hard to take at times. I just don’t understand why on earth they decided to make it so…well, ‘lame’. I mean, did Square Soft really sit down and decide that the target audience for a sequel to FFX would definitely be 15 year old girls? It would seem so, as only female adolescents on crack could possibly find most of the antics within FFX-2 entertaining. Way to prove that making a sequel to an FF game is a good idea guys…
    Last edited by MetaphysicalManifestation; 01-22-2006 at 05:17 PM.