Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Baten Kaitos" for the GCN

Formerly NewBlackMage Fate Fatale's Avatar

Default "Baten Kaitos" for the GCN

Who has this game? if so, where ar you at in it and do you like it?

Any other questions about the game I'd be happy to answer!

Me?
    I've just beaten the boss at the Celestial Tree and showed the End Magnus to Queen Correlia. I'm about to go to Mira... I love the game!

Post away!

"Everything has a purpose. It's your life's mission to find yours."

Blog Entries

I have it somewhere, but I haven't even tried it yet. I bought it like 6 months ago and it still lays untouched.

i just beat the first boss, and gained a few levels with Kalas and Xelha. but that's all the progress i made. it will take more than this to make me love the GameCube the same way i do for PlayStation 2...
    Last edited by Yuffie514; 01-01-2006 at 07:50 AM.

Mandika: Well, you should probably go find it! it's really awesome.. I found it a tad awkward with the whole leveling stuff, but after awhile it's cool!

Yuffaye: Kepp playing... You get a buch more charas that may spark your interest... I sometimes have issues with my GCN because of the game selection, but what do you mean "love"?

I want to buy this game, but there's always another game that comes out and I wound up getting that instead

You do know there's a sequel being released right?

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

I've been looking for the game because I just got a Gamecube and want to play it bad, but no where I look has it. xD;

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I bought it, played it for awhile, hated the battle system and the way the characters looked, and then sold it.
    I like Kung-Fu.

I want to buy it, but I am not sure exactly if I should. can someone tell me a bit about the gameplay?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

think... a little Baton, and then add in some chaos.

you have a game where you have to cheerlead

Quote Originally Posted by NewBlackMage
    Yuffaye: Kepp playing... You get a buch more charas that may spark your interest... I sometimes have issues with my GCN because of the game selection, but what do you mean "love"?
    oh, i'm not saying i hate Baten Kaitos. i found it to be an interesting game. i just need to get some new RPGs since this is the only one i have for GameCube, xD.

Baten Kaitos is a good RPG. The battle system takes some getting used to and I can see why it would put some people off, but I enjoyed it. I got it last year and it took quite awhile to finish. About 60 hours in total and that was just the main story, I didn't do any side quests or anything like that.

The only problem with the battle system is the random order in which you get delt a selection of your cards in battle. It can be annoying when it come's to a characters turn and you can't do anything because you have no attack magnus to select. But apart from that the system works great. It's especially nice when you manage to string a straight together running from 9 down to 1 for a massive combo.

For those that haven't played the game, if you select cards in numerical order or with the same number, you can increase the damage of your attacks or reduce the amount of damage you take when defending. It adds some stratagy to the battles and makes you think fast as you only have a set time limit to select your cards on your turn. At the beggining of the game you can take as long as you like, but as you increase your deck level (Allowing you to hold more cards for use in battle.) you get less time to decide what you want to do.

If you have a GameCube and you like your RPG's i'd definitely recommend it.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I only have the soundtrack, not the game Sakuraba's compositions tend to have a number of decent tracks in them
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

I was addicted to that game for a long time, and for some reason I quit. I remember loving the battle system, and the music was great. It was actually very, very Chrono Crossy. In fact, a few of the maps look as if they were ripped straight from CC. Little surprise, with many of the same staff members.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa
    think... a little Baton, and then add in some chaos.

you have a game where you have to cheerlead
    umm... no... you don't "cheerlead" don't know if you are bashing the game, or saying that it's too easy, but i have to say, "SHUT UP!"

anyway,s I think the baton you are referring to is Xella's wand. you never even really use it, so why even bother to say that it is there...

Mittopotahis: It is really a good game... battle system take awhile to get used as said, but the story gets really enveloping... umm, just get i, but if you decide to not get it, at least rent it...

Raven Nox: Try looking in Target.. (if you live in the US...)

My friend has it (i got no GC) and i played it. I had alot of fun

Later my friend sold it when it became "Too hard"
    if he wants a game thats "too hard" he should play Xenosaga
    I LIVE!!!!! AGAIN!