Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Arrogance

Y'know what I don't like? when walking with confidence, people mistake this for arrogance which has led me to only show this when I know I won't be thought if as arrogant to others. My theory is that this is only done by those with low self-esteem to begin with, though I could be wrong.

Nulli Secundus Primus Inter Pares's Avatar

The difference with confidence and arrogance can be hard to spot, especially if you want to see arrogance in a person you dislike.
    :joey:

No, i am not arrogant, but on very rare occasions, I have been arrogant. I also was arrogant as a kid, but arent they ALL?

Although people acting like fools really makes that "I am better than you" arrogance well up...

Blog Entries

You all suck

there was a picture here

NO U

Blog Entries

LOL NO WAYE

there was a picture here

*too good for you two to post an appropriate reply*

EDIT: Fine!

o rly

I suck,I know.

Blog Entries

\I'm confident, especially towards girls. Ever since my last relationship ended, girls have been calling me a little flirty but a lot more fun to talk to. I make a lot of jokes about how good looking I am (even though I know I am at best just an average guy) and if I'm just sitting down with a friend, I start rating girls as they walk by. I ask girls out a lot more often now, because there's really nothing to lose I guess. Compared to the old me who was a little nervous and shy, I'm a lot more confident than I used to be and I'm better for it.

That's confidence.

I'm arrogant when I play Soul Calibur 2. I know I'd never be able to match it with the higher ups in the arcade community but I know I'm damn good and can easily put away the average to good player. It takes someone special to beat me and quite often I've taken time to start conversations with complete strangers I've just beaten to tell them how they could improve their play (throwing in as many fighting game terms as I can just to show off). SC2 is a pretty niche game so most people that play think highly of themselves so I often run into players who think they're hot just because they've unlocked everything on their console version. To these degenerates I aim to win only by time out or ring out. This way the opponent will think I didn't really deserve to win and thus waste more money on me. xD

That's arrogance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy
    and if I'm just sitting down with a friend, I start rating girls as they walk by.
    I hope none of them hear you if your rating them a 1/10 or something, because that would just be cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy
    \I'm confident, especially towards girls. Ever since my last relationship ended, girls have been calling me a little flirty but a lot more fun to talk to. I make a lot of jokes about how good looking I am (even though I know I am at best just an average guy) and if I'm just sitting down with a friend, I start rating girls as they walk by. I ask girls out a lot more often now, because there's really nothing to lose I guess. Compared to the old me who was a little nervous and shy, I'm a lot more confident than I used to be and I'm better for it.

That's confidence.

I'm arrogant when I play Soul Calibur 2. I know I'd never be able to match it with the higher ups in the arcade community but I know I'm damn good and can easily put away the average to good player. It takes someone special to beat me and quite often I've taken time to start conversations with complete strangers I've just beaten to tell them how they could improve their play (throwing in as many fighting game terms as I can just to show off). SC2 is a pretty niche game so most people that play think highly of themselves so I often run into players who think they're hot just because they've unlocked everything on their console version. To these degenerates I aim to win only by time out or ring out. This way the opponent will think I didn't really deserve to win and thus waste more money on me. xD

That's arrogance.
    Sure is

That's not too arrogant Mo, because you admit quite quickly that there are people better than you, so it's not too bad.

I don't like arrogant people

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anaisa
    I hope none of them hear you if your rating them a 1/10 or something, because that would just be cruel.
    If it's something really bad, I don't say it out loud. I just nod to my friends and move on to the next subject. If it's a good score, and the right time and place (I can't work just walking down the street), I'll probably go for it.

And get rejected.

Sometimes I want to punch arrogant people in the face