Thread: deep dungeon problem

deep dungeon problem

i have the coordinates and move find item on people in my party for deep dungeon but even with move find item the traps still hit me i dont find either pheonixdowns or the item. i even used chicken on some people didn't help. any advice??

Try bringing Rafa, if you have her, and further lowering Brave (not just Chicken) with either a Mediator or an Oracle. Short of that, just be patient.
    -Q

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Finding rare treasure requires someone with low Brave. The percentage chance you have of finding a treasure is inversely proportional to how much Brave you have, I believe the forumla is as such:

Ramza has 97 out of 100 Brave. Therefore, his chance of finding a rare item is 3%. Rafa has 35 Brave out of 100. Therefore, her chance of finding a rare item is 65%. 100-97=3, 100-35=65. Subtract a character's Brave from 100 to see their chance of finding a rare item.

Quote Originally Posted by baconbob18
    i have ...move find item on people in my party for deep dungeon but even with move find item the traps still hit me i dont find either pheonixdowns or the item. ... any advice??
    Sorry to say this, but if you aren't finding anything but a trap when you have Move-Find-Item equipped, you've already uncovered the item buried there... or an enemy treasure hunter did. Drat! Changing your brave levels will only help you get a Chaos Blade instead of a Phoenix Down. Move-Find-Item only works the first time you (or someone else with M-F-I!!) step on the trap. Afterward you'll always get the trap. If you didn't get the rare items, hope you have an older saved game.
    Anarcho-syndicalism is a way of preserving freedom...

Use a Gameshark for all items if you missed any good stuff.