Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FF IV advance Glitches? (Spoilers)

I dont think the Grimoires effects on ZEG are a glitch. I think its something your supposed to do to make beating him easier. What else are you going to use them on after clearing the ruins?
    Please check out my writing in the arts and writing forum!
    http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60115

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He's easy enough without them. (He's not difficult, at the least.) When the Grimoires are used, they are supposed to be summoned and do 9,999 damage to all targets, however, they aren't summoned and another spell effect is used instead, this is a glitch. (I don't know why this happens though, I wish someone would investigate further.) ZEG also seems to be toaded sometimes, and lose massive HP in intervals. It's obviously some sort of bug.

Still, it's pretty fun to whallop that counterfeit Zeromus-witten with Yang while he's a frog.

Zidane: As I mentioned before, one of the grimoires posions EG, and EG's 200,000 HP means the gradual poision damage factor is 9,999. And perhaps it's because the grimoires' powers are altered with EG because they are meant to be used to make EG an easy battle. I honestly don't believe Square goofed up. Rumor used to have it that the grimoires did that because originally Square planned to have it where if you use all nine grimoires on Zeromus EG, after death he turns into Zeromus XG which was suppose to be where the REAL fun began, which may explain it.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Grimoires aren't supposed to poison things though. They'd make the battle easy enough if they didn't screw up like that, which is why I don't believe it was intended though. I guess we'll never know.

Zidane: Why would it be sooooooooo different for the grimoires to alter on that one monster and not alter on others? Square seriously did mean for those effects to happen. Why? I dunno, unless rumor is true, they were going to try XG, but if it's such a glitch, why does it only happen on EG 100% of the time? And not a random encounter 10% of the time?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, but it does a random spell effect each time, or just doesn't do anything. I have a hard time believing it's not some sort of bug. But I am open to the idea that they did intend for it to be just for him, though I don't understand why. Anyway, like I said, we'll never know for sure. (Unless some messenger from SE feels the need to give us this information.)

Zidane: No, wait, I paid attention to what they do each grimoire has one certain noticable or not noticable, that comes into play. It's not a random generation.

EDIT - I'm shutting up now. XD