Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 67% of Americans are overweight.

Formerly NewBlackMage Fate Fatale's Avatar

Kind of off-topic, but all of your grammers are atrocious! It's "Americans are overweight." not "Americans is overweight" sorry, but it was bothering me as I read your posts....

Anyways...

I do believe that many people are overweight in this country, but as the dumb movie ( Supersize Me) pointed out, a lot of the problem is the government's. we do not have enough time for a physial activity to be crammed in our eight hour school day.

BUT

It is also the fault of the U.S.'s lazze faire approach to commerce. They need to limit the fast food industies money allowedf to be used on advertisement. The availibility and appelability of the fast food market is too appealing to small children, that have their parents wrapped, to beg and beg their parents to take them there.

Meh.. I can't remember where I was goin with this, but I felt like a good, non-violent rant....

"Everything has a purpose. It's your life's mission to find yours."

My uncle Literally ate himself to death, no I'm not lying.(Well he's not dead YET but his arteries are clogged almost completly, he's blind now but he can still find is way to Mcdonalds.) Anyway, I think its his own fault and I need to know whether or not I should feel bad for him. My dad just makes fun of him. Yeah, we're going to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by NewBlackMage
    Kind of off-topic, but all of your grammers are atrocious! It's "Americans are overweight." not "Americans is overweight"
    are you the GRAMMAR police?
    Active after a year? ZOMG.

But yeah when i DID post a year ago I was an ass to everyone. So sorry about that. You can totally tell I used to think i was "gangsta" just by my name. Boy have I changed.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hearing the comments of a friend of mine about the kinds of food you find in supermarkets in America, reading some recipes in a book, and knowing about eating habits I think it's because there is a different food culture there.
    But it may just be my stereotyped view.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye
    I wonder why people feel so bad about their weight and such nowadays. I'm 5 feet tall and 118 pounds and I feel fat. I shouldn't feel that way, but I do. I don't see what pointing this stuff out accomplishes. Are we supposed to shame Americans about their image into being skinny? Well, if that would work, I suppose I'd be underweight then.
    While this thread is just a load of bull, most news reports and whatnot about more and more people becomming overweight and obese all have to do with health, and what society as a whole, the government, and corperations can do to try to help people lose weight. Hearing that a lot of other people are obese too isn't really going do anything for a single person's resolve to lose weight.

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

I have some good news; 33% of Americans are not overweight.
    Staring at my sig will not induce epileptic fits.

A themagicroundabout sig, by themagicroundabout.

oh, sweet nuthin' themagicroundabout's Avatar

9% of people have joined queues without knowing what they are for.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewBlackMage
    Kind of off-topic, but all of your grammers are atrocious! It's "Americans are overweight." not "Americans is overweight" sorry, but it was bothering me as I read your posts....

If you're going to attack grammar... then learn to spell GRAMMAR.

Back to the subject matter. Chris, you haven't proved America to be the fattest country. Most are overweight because of muscle mass. The amount of obese americans is most likely 15-20%, a sizeable portion, but nowhere near what you claim, and even if that is true, we also must consider the ages. As people get older, they become overweight and gain it... That is also put into this equation.

Your failure to just admit you're wrong has made everything you say completely debunkt of validity. Congratulations for trying to seem like you have legitimate things to speak about.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The generalizations and conjecture in this thread is enough to make a person get stabby.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

*stabs Schlup* *stab stab stab*

67% of the people around here are not overweight. In the Southwest I'd guess it's more like 10-20% of the population are overweight. When I went to New York, I don't recall seeing a single fat person. I fail to see how 67% of America can be overweight, unless everybody in the south is fat.

Blog Entries

One last note: You people are great. It's amazing how people hear what they want to hear and then turn it around and make someone the villain. I never asked anyone to agree with my statistic, me posting 67%was merely an indication of my point, which is that America is the fattest country in the world. My time here I've never experience a back stabbing that fast and swift, at least now I know how sweet Lenna feels. All I ever asked, was an opinion of why you think Americans are so overweight. Don't even pretend or presume you know anything about me. You're a fool to attack me for an image of me you've built yourself.

I must say that I'm a little disappoint with the recent unfoldings of this matter, I always thought of this place as a good and decent place.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/o/obes...ts-country.htm

USA 42,968,694 293,655,4051

India 155,844,889 1,065,070,6072

on the other hand

http://titania.sourceoecd.org/vl=248...-01-03-g01.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Mandinka
    One last note: You people are great. It's amazing how people hear what they want to hear and then turn it around and make someone the villain. I never asked anyone to agree with my statistic, me posting 67%was merely an indication of my point, which is that America is the fattest country in the world. My time here I've never experience a back stabbing that fast and swift, at least now I know how sweet Lenna feels. All I ever asked, was an opinion of why you think Americans are so overweight. Don't even pretend or presume you know anything about me. You're a fool to attack me for an image of me you've built yourself.

I must say that I'm a little disappoint with the recent unfoldings of this matter, I always thought of this place as a good and decent place.
    I know, as soon as someone doesn't agree with your they're EVIL BEYOND EVIL BACKSTABBERS.

What was the first thing you posted?

"I'm still a little babbled about the <u><b>fact</b></u> that 67% of America is overweight"

You weren't asking for views, you were stating your "facts".

Grow up and have the maturity to admit that you're wrong.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mandinka
    How is 67% an indication of your point if you offer no proof other than it is your opinion. How is this even a backstabbing? Because people disagreed with you? OH NOES! If your point was that America is the fattest country in the world then you should have said that and left it at that.

I will end it with my own statistic. 94% of Europe is jealous of the penguin empire in Antartica. It is true. They long for the days when their country pretty much ruled all of Europe. It is because of that longing that they would refuse to ever become anything like the United States and instead stay separate countries. How they envy Antartica...so powerful and magestic. *swoons*