Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Edward - The Real A Bards Tale

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

I'm doing this myself now on my third file. I've made a few new discoveries as well:

Note: I will be updating this until I reach Level 99.

-The Confuse strategy works just as well on Selene Guardians. They use Embrace when Confused to kill themselves and their allies for an easy 13K experience apiece. Since I almost always find them along with Dark Sages, I get 30K-43K experience a fight.

-I'm not 100% sure about this, but I'm finding if you level up on the squares to the right of the stairs leading to the second floor in the Cave of Bahamut, you always seem to get the juicy (+3 and +4) stat gains.

I forgot about Bahamut by accident (I killed him before going to the Giant of Babel), but I think I could have taken him on in a while.

As of right now, my Edward is Level 82. Stats:

HP: 4085
    MP: 0

Attack: (16) 60
    Precision: 99%
    Defense: (8) 47
    Evasion: 54%
    Magic Defense: (5) 12
    Magic Evasion: 23%

Strength: 90
    Agility: 70
    Stamina (Vitality): 52
    Intellect (Wisdom): 46
    Spirit (Will): 68

Right Hand: Lamia Harp
    Left Hand: None
    Head: Black Cowl
    Body: Black Belt
    Arms: Diamond Armlet

I tried this with my second file, but it didn't go well because I botched stat raising. I had to cheat by using Grimoire LD on Zeromus EG to turn him into a toad because his Absorb ability was healing more damage than I was dealing. If you happen to want to fight Brachioraidos again, equip the Assassin Dagger/Hero's Shield combo that Maxx used on Zeromus EG. Brachioraidos' annoying Glare technique, which can easily kill Edward in one hit, will be absorbed, along with his Firaga/Blizzaga/Thundaga combo. His Holy/Flare/Tornado combo will do significantly less damage as well.
    Last edited by Elite Lord Sigma; 02-22-2006 at 04:48 PM.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

The Hero Shield is such a stupidly overpowered item it beggars belief. Not only is it the only shield that can be equipped by anyone, mages included, but it also bumps up your stats/resistances/evasion like crazy. The only item I can think that compares is Adamantium Armour.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

I've made another discovery about stat raising. How Edward's stats are raised can be altered not only by how many battles he wins, but also where he is placed in the formation of the party. So, if you're having problems getting the stat gains you want, change Edward's position in the party. (This applies to both the row and the position he's in).
    Last edited by Elite Lord Sigma; 02-24-2006 at 04:47 PM.

Level 99 has been attained. Here is Edward's stats with no equipment:

HP: 5595

Strength: 99
    Agility: 79
    Stamina: 92
    Intellect: 94
    Spirit: 99

Now I'm off to go beat a giant worm with a stick...

Aforementioned Gigas Worm is defeated. I did have to take a few rounds out to heal, but the hardest the worm hit me for was about 500 damage. After about 10 minutes, the Apollo's Harp was mine. And it's quite good. 146 attack, 99% accuracy, and 19 attacks per round, with a harp? Yes, please!

Anyway, here is Edward's stats when equiped with all of his ultimate equipment (minus his armlet from the Lunar Ruins, of course):

HP: 5595

Strength: 99
    Agility: 99
    Stamina: 99
    Intellect: 94
    Spirit: 99

Attack: 146 (19)
    Precision: 99%
    Defense 86 (12)
    Evasion: 60%
    Magic Defense: 32 (9)
    Magic Evasion: 46%

Right Hand: Apollo's Harp
    Left Hand: None
    Head: Red Cap
    Body: Red Jacket
    Arms: Diamond Armlet

The Storm Dragon was a joke. He only got to attack twice before I slew him. He did a total of 56 damage to me. He only got to use a double attack (one of which missed), and Tornado (which also missed). I averaged about 7k damage a turn, so he went down in about 10 attacks.

T-Rex was a bit harder than the Storm Dragon, but he went down quickly. His physical attacks all missed, and his Earthquake attack did less than 200 damage to Edward.

Master Flan was difficult. I luckily had some Dragon Fangs (Red, White, and Blue, that is), The Master himself did a fair amount of damage reflecting Flare and Thundaga off of himself, but he eventually fell to Apollo's harp. Using the Blue and Red Fangs, and two shots of Stardust, I killed off all of the flans (twice).

Death Mech went down in about 15 attacks. He was incredibly slow, and only attacked twice (like the Storm Dragon) before dying, with Flame and Laser.

Now I'm off to go slay Zeromus.
    Last edited by Elite Lord Sigma; 02-24-2006 at 06:17 PM.

Invasion of the Lunar Subterrane was successful. I have all four legendary weapons, and both Ribbons.

Dark Bahamut was the easiest. He only attacked with Mega Flare (which I reflected), and Reflect before getting killed. This is mainly due to the fact that every turn Apollo's Harp did 9999 damage to him per turn.

Ogopogo was probably the hardest of all five. His double Tidal Wave took out half of Edward's HP. But I killed him before he had a chance to do so again. His physical attacks were pathetic, doing little more than 100 damage.

The Lunasaurs were the easiest, except for Dark Bahamut. As with him, Apollo's Harp did 9999 damage each turn.

Plague was the second-hardest. He cast Doom, but I took him out before time ran out. He did no damage, mainly because he kept trying to cast Haste on Edward to speed up the countdown, which always missed.

The White Dragon was almost as easy as the Storm Dragon. He went down very quickly. It almost went exactly the same as the Storm Dragon battle.

As for the spirit of hatred, Zeromus...

OWNED!

(The only difference being that Edward had 25 more HP left than in the picture, but that's not important.)

Now that it has been reproven that it is entirely possible to do this, I'm going to beat Zeromus twice more, to fully unlock the Lunar Ruins, and then infiltrate it.

Sorry for the quintuple post, but...

I've fully beaten the Lunar Ruins...Zeromus EG included. Now it's been reproven that beating the game with just Edward is not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Lord Sigma

(The only difference being that Edward had 25 more HP left than in the picture, but that's not important.)
    Yeah, that and I doubt you named yourself "Maxx" :laugh:

As for me, I had to give it back. I plan on buying the GBA version myself, but it is currently out of my price range. But, it wont be for long! :P
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Acid Raine
    Yeah, that and I doubt you named yourself "Maxx" :laugh:
    Edward stayed as Edward. Twod have been heresy for him to carry any other namesake.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Lord Sigma
    Sorry for the quintuple post, but...

I've fully beaten the Lunar Ruins...Zeromus EG included. Now it's been reproven that beating the game with just Edward is not impossible.
    Well done my acolyte! Truely the skills of Piratism and the schools of both Black and White magic serve you well. Have some kudos, free of charge ^_^
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power
    Edward stayed as Edward. Twod have been heresy for him to carry any other namesake.
    I meant Cecil.
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow

M'kay, I just bought myself the GBA version, so I can try this FULLY whenever I want. However, I do plan on beating the game the REAL way first.
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow