Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wisdom teeth

Will your wisdom teeth still grow, if you still have your baby molars?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Mine are coming through, yeah it hurts at times but mostly it's irritating and I have sensitive teeth so err ow.

Only one has come through so far.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Mine hasnt come out yet but my cxousin got hers out and swallowed the stitches...she was in so much pain she was bleeding continuously for a week until it started to get better

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Havent had them removed yet and Im turning 21 in a few weeks. Is that normal?
    My mates have moaned about these before, but I havent had any pain from my teeth for years.
    Also my jaw has been clicking and almost locking lately, would that have anything to do with wisdom teeth?

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    Havent had them removed yet and Im turning 21 in a few weeks. Is that normal?
    Unless theres something really wrong with them, they tend to leave them in nowadays. I finally have all mine. They seem to be okay at the moment (touch wood) *touches wood*

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    Is that normal?
    It's natural, as in you probably wouldn't get your wisdom teeth removed if you grew up in the woods tens of billions of miles away from civilization.

Anyway, why are wisdom teeth impractical?
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Until you get it looked at I have one word for you....Anbesol. That stuff is the best (I have a toothe that is gouged clean open, and was abcessing...it took the pain down to nothing)

Wisdom teeth...I think mine are coming in....they don't seem to be problematic...other than the irritation of a new tooth cutting through.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Okay, I'm getting a little nervous now ... I have to go to the hospital after four days to get ALL my wisdom teeth out of there. They're gonna put me in total narcose because of the problematic position they are, and reading this thread has realised me that surgery is the beautiful part of it. Whats not so beautiful (as I read in this thread) is that I will be swirming in an immense pain for one and a half week while bleeding like a pig out of my mouth for a week.

Just be sure to ask for a good pain medicine, at least Asprin, preferably stronger. They gave me Vicadin, and taking it reduced the overall pain considerable, although I still couldn't eat. Giga apparently recommends Anbesol, but I've never tried that. Sounds like it works, though.

Also, with the bleeding, well, I didn't have much of a problem. They used cotton balls to help form a clot after they' finished, and when I was able to remove them the bleeding had stopped, and didn't resume the rest of the time. It is a weird feelling having a hole in your gums, though.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

It's a topical numbing agent...and yes, it really works! Either that or cloves, apparently (Cloves the spice....not cloves of garlic or anything like that).

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My wosdom teeth are out, but they don't hurt. I'm afraid the dentist is gonna tell me I have to pull them off though.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I don't even have wisdom teeth...at all. I'm one of the small percent of people who don't have them due to a genetic defect (I have to say, it's a great defect). And, it's generally a good idea to get them pulled if you had them. They were originally supposed to grow in at a late age, because by that time a person had usually lost a few teeth, and so having more would be good. But, now that most people have all their teeth the mouth becomes overcrowded.
    Grab the opportunities life hands you, that's my motto!

Oh god, getting more nervous by the minute.

D-day H-hour minus 12

*gulp*

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I still have my wisdom teeth and they will probably never get taken out.

casual mind slip

I have all 4 of them that need to be taken out. And I'm scared for my life, I've never had surgery, and my parents just want me on numbing medication instead of knocking me out entirely. And I don't like the idea of being awake and hearing the drill, I could potentially see myself going nuts and kicking the doctor, because things like that freak me out. I don't care if I can feel it, I would imagine up some pain in my mouth with the sound. So I'm going to tell my parents that I want to be asleep during the procedure.