Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xenogears?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk
    As to "finding" ~SS~, I see you live in the UK, where the game was supposedly unreleased. So forgive me for assuming you haven't played it and might not know of Id.
    Most Uk'ers import the game, like me.....its a hassle though...

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk
    There are forums and webpages dedicated to it, people don't pay attention. One explanitory post from me isn't going to change anything about that :P
    My point was that it's easily one of the most well known and sought after RPGs on the PS1. Relatively unknown and underplayed would better describe a game like Klonoa.

xenogears is great...until the 2nd disk where basically everything is inaccessible (other than a few map points).exploring isnt a lot of fun anymore.i mean,what is there to explore when you're done with those few (and small as well) locations that you have access to?
    "I'll tell you one thing... The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power. How can I describe it to you? The sly eagle hides its claws."
    -Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX

I've just started playing it, and I must say it is one of the most boring games I've ever played. 'Just like Evangelion' my arse, it had better get really good really soon...

Quote Originally Posted by MetaphysicalManifestation
    I've just started playing it, and I must say it is one of the most boring games I've ever played. 'Just like Evangelion' my arse, it had better get really good really soon...
    I felt the same way when I first played it. Where are you at, the stalactite cavern? Trust me, the game gets way, way better.

I'm in Bleedavik, gathering info. God, just let my fight in the smurfing tournament already...

Quote Originally Posted by Treize
    there are so many games that are Rpgs that conpair or are better then the final fantasy games like Xenogears, Breath of fire 1,2 &3 (i dont like the other ones)
    BoF1 wasn't that good, and BoF3 was just okay. Bof2 is great though.

Anyway, I see Xenogear refered to all over this site. It's mentioned in nearly every conversation containing comparisons to other games. sadly, I myself have not played it. I mean to pick up a copy somewhere, though. EBay is my best bet.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I got mine on eBay brand new and really cheaply. Don't regret it at all.

The game does build up a bit slower than some, but it's a very involved plot and very good. If you aren't willing to immerse yourself in the story, however, you may want to look elsewhere.

The beginning I still hold as just about the best intro to a game ever. Doesn't take long at all to get into the thick of it. From that moment on I couldn't stop. There are bumps along the way I suppose, but they're totally worth it in my humble opinion.

Default xenogears fan sites

www.xgam.org and also search for "Xenogears: The Nisan Sanctuary".....those are 2 very good sites for everything xenogears.
    Does one really need the power to destroy everything?

Xenogears is a gift from God. Let's cross our fingers for Xenosaga III, also.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Why don't people really talk about Xenogears? EASY! The game left nothing to question for the most part. It isn't like FFVII where there is a mysterious backstory that was poorly explained. It doesn't have a great many side quests or super tough boss battles for people to talk about strat.

Everyone is pretty much in agreement that this game is beyond awesome and there isn't anything to really argue about which makes for boring conversation.

It also helps that there is no R=U theory to this whole game.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

YES THERE IS!!!!!!!!!111

Okay, maybe you're right. Anyway, the reason why I don't talk about the game (which I really loved, by the way) is because I don't remember enough detail of the plot to really talk about. I would be all like, "Fei had cool moves and he was naked at the end." You guys would be all like, "RELIGION ANONONLYGY EVANGELION OMG!!!"

I used to frequent www.zenosaga.com. Go there.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

It had it's own forum a few years ago but it was too slow so they scrapped it.

The game really starts to get good once Fei is alone in the desert. I think that's shortly after the Stalactite Cave but it's been 4 1/2 years since I've played it.