Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Futurama

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

i dont find it funny at all.

but its sorta like when you watch the simpsons... you can see repeats like 8 times in a row and not get tired of them.

It may not be as funny as the others, but it makes up for that with story and cleverness. I find the characters to be one of the best aspects of the show.

I'd say Futurama is my second fav animated show, slightly behind Family Guy, but very close.

Futurama is a great show, but when you see the same episode on Adult Swim for the upteenth time, it can get old really quick. imo it doesn't age as well as the simpsons or family guy. i can watch numerous re-runs of either of those shows and not tire of it.

I love bender and fry..... it reminds of how extraordinary a bad@$$ and a confused embecile can closely bond.........

I think they should start another season soon..............
    maybe someone should start a poll..........
    DEMON

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Futurama is awesome. So many great episodes

"With my last breath I curse ZOIDBERG!" - Professor

Man I love that show! There's at least 15 good laghs in every episode. The proffesor, bender, zoidberg, hermies, all have the best lines!

Proffesor: Good news everyone! Oh, my no.

Bender: Bite my shiny metal @#$!

Zoidberg: Whoop,Whoop,Whoop,Whoop,Whoop!

Hermies: My Manwhich!

HA,ha,ha!!!!!!!!

I love that show! It always gives a couple of laughs, and great comedy.
    "Have Happy Days"

Quote Originally Posted by Demon666
    I love bender and fry..... it reminds of how extraordinary a bad@$$ and a confused embecile can closely bond.........

I think they should start another season soon..............
    maybe someone should start a poll..........
    I think FOX stopped taking these for more Simpsons...
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Unless this has been sed b4 I heard of a futurama movie rumor, even though they stopped maing them.

Summoner of Nessie Brian The Pink Shark's Avatar

i believe the Futuramam movie rumour is genuine they even have an entry for it at www.imdb.com

Camoflauge! Camoflauge! Shine On...'s Avatar

I loved Futurama, I thought that the show was funny, Clever, Intelligent, and overall very well put together. I know some people who don't find it funny, and I Can't understand it! I thought it was Hilarious! I mean Its so much better than the Simpsons New Crap, And (Dare I say It, I know I will get countless death threats if I do, screw it, Its already thought of) I also noticed that Family Guy seems to be getting a little Stale (For Me anyway). Maybe its a good thing that they cancelled Futurama, so It never did get stale, but If you are watching reruns... constantly... It can be annoying.
    But I really thought Futurama was a great show, I plan On buying the DVD's.
    Sig please.

Futurama pwns the Simpsons. Th eonly simpsons episodes I like are the Treehouse of horror episodes, because weird stuff can happen.

I watch Futurama reruns all the time. They never ceaae to entertain.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Futurama is the best thing ever animated, in my opinion. Smart humour, clever writing, brilliant referencing/parody of all things Classic Sci-Fi. It's rare that I find myself genuinely caring about fictional characters, especially in a comedy series, but Futurama managed to hook me properly. I'm only mildly ashamed to admit that The Sting can still make me want to cry.
    The series has a lot of 'hidden depth', too - things a casual viewer can overlook, but are pretty evident once you get to know it. Like all the humour that's centered around Fry's stupidity, when in reality he's fairly clued-up about certain things, just lacking wisdom/foresight/priorities/maturity sometimes. Plenty of subtle hilarity in the dialogue, too - as well as the blatant stuff.
    I can see why the series isn't for everyone, but in my opinions it's rockin'. Got the entire series on DVD now, which is fortuitous since a revival is apparently getting closer...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/tv--radio...086846734.html

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...4&cs=1&s=h&p=0

I'm hoping they revive the series as a small number of DVD movies, rather than returning it to TV. Part of Futurama's appeal lies in the limited number of episodes - as has been said, it never got a chance to become truly stale or unimaginative. It'd be good for them to make a strong finish, rather than to degenerate into obscure mediocrity like so many other once-successful shows.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    I'm hoping they revive the series as a small number of DVD movies, rather than returning it to TV. Part of Futurama's appeal lies in the limited number of episodes - as has been said, it never got a chance to become truly stale or unimaginative. It'd be good for them to make a strong finish, rather than to degenerate into obscure mediocrity like so many other once-successful shows.
    This is precisely why I currently prefer Futurama to The Simpsons.

I do think Family Guy tops them both, but only just. Classic Simpsons is incredible stuff, as is pretty much every single episode of Futurama.

But yeah, Futurama is an awesomely funny show, and can be quite touching at times. Zoidberg and Zapp are great characters, incidentally. (Zapp's far stupider than Fry IMO)

Yeah, the running jokes about Leela and Zapp's relationship never cease to be funny. Ditto Zapp and Kif, his long suffering assistant.
    "Reality is that which,
    when you stop believing in it,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick