Thread: [A] Le Experiment de Vector a la Photoshop

Default [A] Le Experiment de Vector a la Photoshop

Hmm...ok, I will admit now, I have pretty much no idea what a vector is, so I will use the term 'vector' experiment loooossseeeellly. I think I was doing it right, it was explained to me but I failed to listen.

Yeah, I got a version of Adobe CS *cough* I was experimenting with what it could do...got a photo of my face, cut it out, used the stamp tool, got rid of the whiteness so twas all transparent and then added colour layers and built up "vectors" using some tool which I was assured could/maybe/sometimes produce the desired result...
    Uh yesh, anyway just starting a graphic novel unit at College, so hopefully I'll improve on the ol photoshopping....

Heres to first attempts!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I give you stick-pokies!
    Livejournal~Elfwood Gallery~

thats so awesome <3
    you're really talented with art and things i always look forward to you posting something!
    keep it up and be a fantastic artist

Trust No one

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That isn't a true vector, but it does fall into the same style of art (that is, pop-ish art) that vector art falls under. It's a lot more rough than vector art tends to be, but still, it looks good.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like that. Like Miriel said, it's not a real vector because it's a bit more rough, but I like it.

Yeah, I gathered...the most I'd used photoshop before now was for changing the contrast on a picture, so ya'know...

I'm hoping I'm gunna get taught how to do a proper vector piece in College, although I have no forking idea how they get done....oh well. Always time to learn. (Anyone wanna teach moi?)
    Thanks anyway.

I give you stick-pokies!
    Livejournal~Elfwood Gallery~