Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what Jobs and/or abilities have you used throughout the game?

Default So what Jobs and/or abilities have you used throughout the game?

Before I sold my FF Anthology game(did it because the GBA versions are going to be released)I was in the third world and I had the following party

Bartz - Lancer with Knight Job mastered and Cover ability equipped
    Reina - Time Mage with White Mage Job mastered and White Magic ability equipped
    Galuf/Krile - Summoner with Black Mage Job mastered and Black Magic ability equipped
    Faris - Ninja with Monk Job mastered and store ability equipped

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

i had bartz as a knight,
    galuf/krile as a monk.
    faris as a balck mage+summoner.
    reina, as a white mage and something else(i think it was dragoon).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

i change my jobs and abilities to suit me for where i am in the game. for me, the question would be "what jobs/abilities didn't you use?" and the answer would be chemist, dancer and geomancer. I didn't learn a single level on one character for each of those jobs. They just didn't suit my style of play
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Quote Originally Posted by shinangel2292
    i change my jobs and abilities to suit me for where i am in the game.
    Have you mastered any jobs?

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades
    Have you mastered any jobs?

i usually master ninja and hunter for their final abilities. But i don't bother with mastering mages as their final abilities i don't find useful. i master a few other jobs in the X-zone too

It depends how i feel when i play though. In my most recent game, i made a Red mage immediatley after leaving the wind shrine. I'm halfway through world two and still need over 500 ability points to master it, so this character isn't very useful. They would be uselful if i switched jobs long enough to learn black4 so that as a red mage with black4 they could use the higher level black magic i just aquired. If this character was a hunter, they would have mastered it by now
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Right now, in world two in Val/Bal Castle, Bartz is in the Knight jobclass. He's mastered Mystic Knight, Caller, Chemist, and Dancer

Lenna is a Dragoon, with Ninja mastered, Archer, White Mage, Blue Mage, Chemist, and Elementalist

Galuf is a White Mage, with Monk, berserker, archer, time mage, and blue mage mastered.

Faris is also a Knight, with Thief, Black Mage, Red Mage, and Dancer mastered.

I usually pick the ones they look good in

Quote Originally Posted by rubah
    Right now, in world two in Val/Bal Castle, Bartz is in the Knight jobclass. He's mastered Mystic Knight, Caller, Chemist, and Dancer
    Mystic Knight is the what the Japanese use to call a Sorcerer, no?

Vaan - "Hey, you!"

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Probably. The ones that use sword magic.

Lenna is a Dragoon, with Ninja mastered, Archer, White Mage, Blue Mage, Chemist, and Elementalist

Galuf is a White Mage, with Monk, berserker, archer, time mage, and blue mage mastered.

Faris is also a Knight, with Thief, Black Mage, Red Mage, and Dancer mastered.

I usually pick the ones they look good in

oh my days out of curiosity, what level are your characters? I can't say ive ever mastered any jobs by that point especially that many.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You get 4-8 AP a battle by killing the soldiers in the basement there. So it's a good job mastering place. They're all level 38. I spend a bit of time in the Seal Castle levelling up against shield dragons and before in world one levelling against the skull eaters in Jacole Cave.

Probably. The ones that use sword magic.
    ok, they are Sorcerers in the US

Vaan - "Hey, you!"

Knight, Thef, White Mage and Monk I start with...then i go on to others, and i put lenna as my magic person, and i also put cara/galuf as strong people, like Butz, but Faris I change her around.

I find myself supporting the stealthy, dagger-wielding professions in just about every fantasy game I've played from FF1 to DnD, so I model Bartz accordingly.

BARTZ – Speedy Fighter
    Thief
    Stealing is fun/helpful and adds a new "completist" element to the game.
    Mug is beyond helpful since there is no real reason NOT to use it (that I have found).
    Moon Rings and Razor Rings are pretty cool.

Hunter
    Gotta get X-Fight

Ninja
    Is pretty much a stronger, less speedy Thief with 2 daggers (woo!) Do the ol’ X-Fight with 2 daggers; impressive to look at too.

GALUF – Power Fighter

Knight
    2-Hand is useful through the whole game, says I.

Berzerker
    Useful just for the sheer power of a beserked, 2-handed axe attack. Might replace this with a Sorcerer this time since they are so balanced (though I never give Galuf Magic).

Samurai
    Just plain powerful (especially with a 2-handed Katana).

LENIA – Support and Effect

White Mage
    To make a classic Fighter, Thief, White Mage, Black Mage party.

Trainer
    To get Blue Magic, plus it’s fun to control monsters AND Trainers have high strength and Whips, which would otherwise go to waste.

Time Mage
    Haste and the what not is fun. I haven’t played this game for a while, but don’t Time Mage’s get Comet?? That’s like having a new character right there.

FARIS – Damage Magic

Black Mage
    To learn the current level of Black Magic.

Blue Mage
    Learning all the Blue Magic adds a new element for the anal people amongst us who just need to fill out all those lists, plus wizard types with swords are cool. I put Black as the 3rd slot ability while being a Blue Mage.

Red Mage
    Yes, I need to get X-Magic.

Of course Krile looks stupid carrying a sword that's twice her size, but I just can't make Galuf a mage.
    We all know that the Thief is the superior Final Fantasy figure. <-----PERIOD

I'm just after the start of world two and I have:

Bartz - Knight w/ mastered Blue Mage
    Reina - Summoner w/ mastered White Mage
    Galuf - Monk
    Faris - Thief/Black Mage

I wanted to max out the first 6 jobs before moving on to the next set, so I kept Reina and Galuf as White Mage and Monk and had Bartz and Faris alternating between their two everytime they gained a job level. The only time I had to go to better jobs was for the cannon before the Ronka Ruins, cause I needed to summon Ramuh and throw Lightning Skills. From this, I've learnt two things

a) Monks are amazing. I think I'm going to make Galuf a Berserker next with the Barefist or Counter ability. That'll kick butt.

b) The Thief/Black Mage combo is incredibly powerful, especially when in Thief with black magic. Simply hit -aga spells on all monsters at the start of battle

Quote Originally Posted by HowlingMonkey
    I'm just after the start of world two and I have:

Bartz - Knight w/ mastered Blue Mage
    Reina - Summoner w/ mastered White Mage
    Galuf - Monk
    Faris - Thief/Black Mage

I wanted to max out the first 6 jobs before moving on to the next set, so I kept Reina and Galuf as White Mage and Monk and had Bartz and Faris alternating between their two everytime they gained a job level. The only time I had to go to better jobs was for the cannon before the Ronka Ruins, cause I needed to summon Ramuh and throw Lightning Skills. From this, I've learnt two things

a) Monks are amazing. I think I'm going to make Galuf a Berserker next with the Barefist or Counter ability. That'll kick butt.

b) The Thief/Black Mage combo is incredibly powerful, especially when in Thief with black magic. Simply hit -aga spells on all monsters at the start of battle

don't theifs have a low magic power?