Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you Beat Chupon!?!?!

Default How do you Beat Chupon!?!?!

Ok, this is like the third time I've played through FFVI, but the first time I never made it to the WOR (it was on PS, I couldn't be bothered) but the thing about the colloseum has got me...how are you supposed to beat chupon anyway!? Whenever I fight that it just throws me straight out of the fight with it's sneeze thing. If anyone could spare me the knowledge it would be greatly appreciated
    Normally I don't advertise or spam for stuff, but i've decided to set my cause to help a needy forum! so come and join http://s13.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_...ex.php?act=idx

He can't be beat

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Blog Entries

Well your best bet to beat him is to either have enough speed to get the first show where you need to do 10000 damage, using offering with gengi glove will give you 8 attack which means if you can deal atleast 1250 damage each attack you can kill it before it gets a chance to use sneeze, of course you could also equip two doom darts which gives you a higher chance of casting doom on him

but getting the first hit is hard and chances are unless your at a high level the only way to get the first hit is with a pre-emptive strike and you need to get quite lucky to get one of those.

but why do you want to beat chupon the items usaully you get from him with betting are just elixers or something
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 01-09-2006 at 03:34 AM.

What I want to know is how the hell do you fight anything else apart from Chupon? He's all I get everytime I enter. I've tried countless items. I gave up the colleseum a long time ago because of this.

Blog Entries

chupon only comes when you bet worthless items that will give you elixers

if you bet something worthwhile like a good weapon or something you'll fight something else

Okay. Thanks. I probably was only betting crappy items.

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme112
    Ok, this is like the third time I've played through FFVI, but the first time I never made it to the WOR (it was on PS, I couldn't be bothered) but the thing about the colloseum has got me...how are you supposed to beat chupon anyway!? Whenever I fight that it just throws me straight out of the fight with it's sneeze thing. If anyone could spare me the knowledge it would be greatly appreciated
    vanish - doom
    Signature removed for exceeding the 250 pixel height limit (including text)

~Void

Blog Entries

you cant control your players in the coleseum, so unless you get really lucky and your player casts vanish on the enemy (which it would never do) then doom that strategy wont work (if only it did)

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke
    you cant control your players in the coleseum, so unless you get really lucky and your player casts vanish on the enemy (which it would never do) then doom that strategy wont work (if only it did)
    sorry... i misread his post. i thought he was talking about the first time you fight him in the airship...
    Signature removed for exceeding the 250 pixel height limit (including text)

~Void

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I beat him once when he didn't sneeze at the begining for reason unknown. Atma Weapon plus Offerings. I dun remember if I used Genji gloves too.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade
    What I want to know is how the hell do you fight anything else apart from Chupon? He's all I get everytime I enter. I've tried countless items. I gave up the colleseum a long time ago because of this.
    yeah I got sick of that too and haven't been since, but I'm too scared to gamble big stuff lol
    Normally I don't advertise or spam for stuff, but i've decided to set my cause to help a needy forum! so come and join http://s13.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_...ex.php?act=idx

There is a small chance he won't sneeze, but don't count on it

Overlevel.

A lot.

"Your lives that I spit on are now but a caricature of a cartoon drawn by a kid who is stupid!" ~Fawful

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme112
    yeah I got sick of that too and haven't been since, but I'm too scared to gamble big stuff lol
    save then go in and gamble, if you lose, reset the game, it's not that difficult

THE JACKEL

real easiest answer:shadow.why?

>shadow has got speed (38 base,2nd only to locke's 40)

so why not use locke?because of this.

>shadow can equip stunner (stop dagger) while locke cannot

btw,chupon is weak against stop.should the stunner trigger a stop (high probability) and you dont get too unlucky (shadow casts silence for 10 consecutive turns,for example),chupon will be down in no time at all.
    "I'll tell you one thing... The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power. How can I describe it to you? The sly eagle hides its claws."
    -Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX