Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally, a place where FF8 can be honored

♥ Italian Princess ♥ *~Angel Wing~*'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal_Turk
    Yeah... Like right now I'm addicted to beating FFVII again, but as soon as I'm done, I'm going to get an odd urge to play 8 again...
    Probably the same with me...I'm trying to beat FF7 too. I don't know...everyone says "it's the best Final Fantasy ever!" but I don't get the same feeling for it as I did with FF8, and I personally don't think it was close to being as good as FF8.

*~Love is the best feeling in the world~*

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge
    but 8 was better, the best in the series
    I agree completely!

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's because we have taste and like a little fluff.

FFXIV Character

Shiromoto Tatsuji (Siren)

I agree with all! FFVIII was pretty fantastic! FFIX was the first FF game I ever played. As someone said earlier, the first one u play kinda has a special place in ur heart. after I played FFIX I got VIII and VII. I'm trying to beat FFVII again and the im on to VIII and then IX, X, and finally X-2. it's kind of like playing the history of FF(even though it's not chronological).

Eugh, FFVIII kisses FFVII's shoes IMO

I agree that VIII is the best, but like you guys said above, whichever one is played first is usually the favored one. That is perhaps why Final Fantasy VII is often favored slightly greater than other fantasies, since it was the first of the "new and mainstream" games in the series. Hell, if I ever have enough money I'm just going to buy so much freaking air time on TV and play the opeing intro for FF8 over and over again, as a commercial for the game.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

FF8 to me was the second best FF to me. but FF9 only just beat it for me but FF8 has the best character personality ever in any game i have seen which is why its so good.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf
    FF8 to me was the second best FF to me. but FF9 only just beat it for me but FF8 has the best character personality ever in any game i have seen which is why its so good.
    I loved FF8 and FF9, what was the reason FF9 was better for you?

FF8 was the first one I played and had a story and characters I could relate to, thats FF8 is my fave ( besides the awesome music too )

Yeah, I played a half of FFVI, 60 minutes of all previous games, FFVII and FFVIII. FFVIII was the first and I liked it the most in a way, though FFVII was also very good. Didn't like FFVI though, apart from Celes in the opera.

I agree with all, but talkin' about game's strategy I prefer FVII!the materia thing and all... in FVIII is quite easy... we can do many things in FVII like making great combinations with materia, and the history is very good... but my first experience with final fantasy was on 8... I loved that game but whe I played 7 my opinion changed a little bit... but yet it still one of the best!!!! and Squall is the best (and the hottest =P) character they ever made!!! (him and SEPHIROTH of course!) I like he's personality... so mysterious... !
    Estuans interius
    Ira vehementi

S E P H I R O T H

http://sanji666.deviantart.com/ - check it out my gallery!!!!!

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noj_R
    I loved FF8 and FF9, what was the reason FF9 was better for you?

FF8 was the first one I played and had a story and characters I could relate to, thats FF8 is my fave ( besides the awesome music too )
    if i had to give FFs ratings out of 100 FF9 would be 100% and FF8 would be 99%. that how close they are but FF9 had some very interesting characters which werent too far off from FF8 character personalitys but i like the characters in FF9 more. the enemys of FF9 are a lot better and the bit on disk 3 with zidane and garland on the pandamonium and the part afterwards was the best scene in any FF and probly any game.the music is probly the best out of any FF and it seemed to have been more fantasy the the other FFs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I honor FFVIII by dressing up as PuPu once a year and demand free stuff from people.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    I honor FFVIII by dressing up as PuPu once a year and demand free stuff from people.
    We're fresh out of elixirs.