Thread: FF2 stats

FF2 stats

Ok I know i probly sound noob but i dont understand the FF2 stat system with the weapons and all so if someone could give me some tips on it and maybe explain it a lil that would be most great
    THANKS
    DARK
    Maybe we didn't understand not just a boy and a girl.....
    its just the end of the end of the world

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Ah the joys of explaining this ever-frustrating system.

First off the bat I need to know what version your playing, either the GBA version or any other version.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

You can find out by reading the manual.

if it's the nes version, pay me no mind, but if it's the gba version, I can help you.
    Each person has a certain level with each weapon type, the more you use a certain weapon, the higher your level with that specific type is. Each time you go up a level with a weapon, the damage inflicted with each is multipplied. (ex: base damage is 100, with a 5 hit, you can hit 500, but with a level 6 weapon, you can now do 6oo damage............make any sense?

If you're playing the NES or GBA/PSX version, then using certain abilities will raise the stats ascociated with them.
    Example: Firion gets hit. He gains some HP experience. Firion gets hit and nearly dies. His HP experience goes up greatly since he needs it. He might also get some Defense experience.
    Example 2: Firion uses Fire. His stats in Magic and his skill with Fire go up.

However, in the NES version, if you leveled up one stat another would LOSE experience.
    Example: Firion is a really good attacker. Chances are his magic will keep going down.
    Because of this, it is highly recommended that you choose a stat and stick with it.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

no no no... jesus... you'll confuse everyone...

Power - raised by physically attacking
    Agility - raised by being targetted by physical attacks
    Vitality - raised by taking damage
    Intelligence - raised by casting black magic
    Spirit - raised by casting white magic

Defense - dependant on armor
    Attack - dependant on power + weapon

Hit % - raised by physically attacking
    Evasion - raised by being targetted by physical attacks
    Magic - raised by using MP
    Magic Defense - raised by being targetted by magic attacks/getting bad statuses

The only stats that lower are

Intelligence - Lowered by gaining Power
    Vitality - Lowered by gaining Intelligence
    Strength - Lowered by gaining Spirit

That only happens in the Famicom, WSC and PS1 versions. The GBA version did away with "statrophy".

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You raise agility by equipping shields. Someone welding double weapons won't hardly ever get an agility raise, but someone equipped with dual shields will raise it much faster.

thanks tons guys and BTW im playin the GBA ver. but not i think i understand and can know what im doing lol last time i was tryin to play it i was like ummmmmmm since when to swords have lvls lol but ooo well thanks again
    DARK

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

For the record DJZen is more accurate about Agility raises. Also IIRC Hit% is dependant on your Strength stat along with your weapon. "Higher" weapons have lower Hit%. Also in regards to HP and MP, you will always gain the same amount of Vitality towards your HP each "level-up" (so 12 Vitality would result in +12 more hitpoints). Same thing with MP and the Magic stat. Once MP hits 999 Magic becomes a superfluous stat. Vitality counts towards something I think, but my gut tells me it doesn't.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

It counts toward how much HP you get next increase. That's pretty much it. There is no stat that applies to defense besides... well... defense, and that's all through armor.

Thank you all for the help and when i finsh IV i will start it up knowing what im doing for once.... thanks again
    DARK

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't know about your games, but I just started a fresh one, and Maria's raised her agility by two points after about seven battles with two buckler shields equipped. Guy and Frioniel haven't raised any. Maria has lost five HP, and Guy has lost 20. Frioniel still has all 30 of his original HP. I haven't healed them at all.

She has 3-52 for her shield stat, which is either 176 or 352 attacks (I'm not sure if dual weapons doubles the stat gain or not) xD Guy has a measly 18 attacks, since there's no fourth player to build his stats from. Frioniel has 251.