View Poll Results: How should the layout for these forums be?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep it as it is

4 10.81%
  • A forum for I-III, and a forum for IV

12 32.43%
  • Each game has its own forum (I, II, III, IV)

19 51.35%
  • I don't care

2 5.41%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concerning this forum

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Concerning this forum

There currently is a thread in Feedback about splitting this forum up. Since the people fussing over it don't even post here (which is just silly), I thought it would be more appropriate if we found out what you the average FFI-IV poster thought. The options are:

1. Final Fantasy I-IV (same as it is now)

2. Final Fantasy I-III
    Final Fantasy IV

3. Final Fantasy I
    Final Fantasy II
    Final Fantasy III
    Final Fantasy IV

What do you guys think?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Obsessed FFIV fan speaking here...

I feel that IV is good enough to have its own forum, because V and VI have their own, so why can't IV? Besides, having IV with the NES titles makes it seem like one of the 'lesser worthy' Final Fantasies of having its own forum. I'd say 'make a forum for all 4, but FFII and III don't get enough fans to make its own forum, so keep it with FFI. But I think it's a good idea to make one for IV alone though.

Each one independent... They all got remakes and FFIII is coming out soon... oh, AND I MADE THAT TOPIC...

I say they should be split up. 1 and 4 are popular enough for their own forums, leaving just 2 and 3. With a general FF forum, anything involving more than one of these can be pasted there.

Reno's my man! <3 Fire_Emblem776's Avatar

split them up then we will see if any one of thees wll get less post than the FF 5 forum.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Well I honestly don't care which way this decision goes as long as FFIV gets its own forum. I'm just stating that I don't see much interest out of anyone over FFII and FFIII, so put them in with FFI.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Paladin
    I feel that IV is good enough to have its own forum, because V and VI have their own, so why can't IV? Besides, having IV with the NES titles makes it seem like one of the 'lesser worthy' Final Fantasies of having its own forum. I'd say 'make a forum for all 4, but FFII and III don't get enough fans to make its own forum, so keep it with FFI. But I think it's a good idea to make one for IV alone though.
    Keep in mind that FFIII is being released in America and FFII probably will be too, meaning they will finally pick up that fanbase they never had.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

FFII is already out, but it still isn't as popular as the others, as far as I've seen. FFIII will be popular I'm sure, since I've played it via emulator. But until then, keeping II and III with I seems like the best idea to me. But like I said, as long as IV gets its own forum, I don't care.

I like the idea of having separate forums for FF I, II, III, and IV. It's only fair

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

People care about these games? Huh, must have something to do with FFIV:Advanced...

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Nope, actually I like the earlier Final Fantasies more than the newer ones.

considering FFI and II always get released together nowadays, keep them together. I think most people haven't played three, and when it comes out on the DS everyone will see how awesome it is and it'll get a good fanbase. Therefore it should get it's own, as should FFIV, but I+II together

THE JACKEL

I'd probably agree most with what ljkkjlcm said. I and II, while good games, don't get enough traffic to warrant a seperate forum for each. III, while getting almost no traffic now, may well pick up after the release of the DS remake. IV should get it's own forum, as I think it gets the most of any of the four. However, I'd say wait on the splitting until after the re-release of III, to see how much the traffic picks up, and if it's enough to deserve it's own forum.

If I had to choose one of the options, I'd say give them each their own forum. FF: CC has it's own, yet receives much less traffic it seems. But still, wait until the new remake and see how much things pick up.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Rase
    I'd probably agree most with what ljkkjlcm said. I and II, while good games, don't get enough traffic to warrant a seperate forum for each. III, while getting almost no traffic now, may well pick up after the release of the DS remake. IV should get it's own forum, as I think it gets the most of any of the four. However, I'd say wait on the splitting until after the re-release of III, to see how much the traffic picks up, and if it's enough to deserve it's own forum.

If I had to choose one of the options, I'd say give them each their own forum. FF: CC has it's own, yet receives much less traffic it seems. But still, wait until the new remake and see how much things pick up.
    yes that's perfect

let's also note that with FFCC, it'll be a series on Nintendo systems so that section will eventually get more traffic

THE JACKEL

I agree that it should be split up I, II, II and IV in separate forums.